Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

Jess- Congrats on a good scan! We share a due date.:thumbup:

Calidreaming- That is awesome they were able to confirm you are having a boy! I think the name is adorable.

Proudmama- like calidreaming mentioned… I never got really hard kicks either. From 16 weeks on I could feel her moving around daily but it was never the take-your-breath-away kind of movements.

1eighty- I too had constant back pain and I think you are right… it must have been because there was no placenta padding. This time around I have gotten back pain much earlier than with my daughter.

Oh… I forgot to mention that the ultrasound tech guessed we are having a GIRL at the NT scan! I think the idea of two daddies having a little girl is so sweet since girls tend to be daddy’s girls.

awesome! ive not a clue what im having yet... cannot wait to find out!
aww yes that would be nice, girls usually are daddies girls! x

EDIT
Thanks confuzion, hope your ok :hugs:

Hoping, that is so sweet that you're probably carrying a girl for your daddies!! I know they say that you can't be sure that early, but it was right for dd and right for this one!

The tech was only 70% sure but still it is fun to envision them with a daughter. At my 12 week scan with my daughter they told us she was a boy:dohh: I guess we will know for sure 1/20 when we do the gender scan:D

Congratulations ladies on all of the great scans!

My scan went well too! Baby is measuring 1 day ahead but we are keeping the due date the same. The heartbeat was 163bpm and sounded good and strong. :happydance: I'm so relieved now to know that everything is right on track. The technician said that I have a posterior placenta and that it is quite possible that I'm really feeling baby move. We watched the baby wiggle. :cloud9:

Attachments

• COPPEDGEMELISSAA20131125113839294.jpg
    COPPEDGEMELISSAA20131125113839294.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 12
I had an anterior placebta with jess and it didn't affect me only right at the end he Kept wedging his legs behind it and I couldn't feel it so had to go get monitored A few times! Felt him about 16 weeks!

Congrats on the boy Cali! It's so exciting to know so early! :)

Hello ladies,

I'm due 23rd June 2014 & can't wait!
First timer & suprise baby, OH & I are over the moon excited !
Had 2x :bfp: 14th Nov, dating scan 15th Nov measuring bub at 2.21cm (9wks) heart rate strong at 167bpm! We could see bub wiggling & all :cloud9: :baby:

[URL=https://s101.photobucket.com/user/rxyldy/media/c513ca58-7a23-48b7-88a3-6403ac832a06_zps0e5a6ec9.jpg.html][IMG]https://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/rxyldy/c513ca58-7a23-48b7-88a3-6403ac832a06_zps0e5a6ec9.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats on your June sunflower AussieChick :flower:

I will add you on.

This thread moves so fast!!!

Proudmama-my sister has an anterior placenta and couldn't find baby's hb until 16 our so weeks with doppler but she's 34 weeks now and her little peanut is healthy as can be!

Cali-congrats on team blue! I think that name is adorable!

I cannot wait until my next appointment. 9 days!!!!
I also can't wait to tell my family and friends. Though I'm nervous about telling df's mom. :wacko: I'm trying to come up with a cute way to tell my mom and having no luck!

Thank you everyone for your responses about the DD, confuzion sorry to be such a pain but please can you move my due date back to the 3rd? :blush:

Loving all the good news and scan photos!! :happydance:
And Cali congratulations on team BLUE :blue: that's so exciting! I can't wait to find out what I'm having, having a gender scan on December the 20th :D

What was your gut feeling about gender Cali?

Oh and I'm 2nd tri today :happydance::happydance:

Loving these scan pics!

Got mine Thursday (hadn't realised but it's part of the booking in appointment - visit midwife first, then scan). Very excited! Planning on telling everyone at the weekend.

Congrats to all you 2nd trimester ladies :0)

Confuzion- thinking of you & hope you're ok x

I spotted Sunday night a little... so I have to go in for a vaginal sonogram today at 3pm... They said they are doing it as a precaution as we are traveling later this week out of the country. Have any of you had one? Does it hurt? Will I get to see the baby or hear his/her heartbeat?

TMM - I've had a couple of Vag-scans since being pg. This is my experience, but neither hurt in any way shape or form. I had one at 6+1, but I was in extreme pain as it was an emergency scan, so I didn't look at the screen. They took measurements and reported back gestation, but there was no mention of heartbeat, so I think for me at this stage it probably wasn't visible. I then had one at 8+1 (this time routine due to IVF) and once again the measurements were all taken, I did look at the screen and saw my l'il blob and she showed me the heartbeat, but I wasn't convinced I could see it, but was happy that she said she could see it and all was well!
Legs in stirrups with lower half undressed. Covered probe (like a dildo) is gently inserted and moved around in order to see different areas inside. My experience the second time (and with pre-pg scans - I've had a few now!) is that they generally talk you through what they're doing and what they can see. Afterwards you'll need to give yourself a 'wipe down' as there's lots of residual lube.
Good luck!

I spotted Sunday night a little... so I have to go in for a vaginal sonogram today at 3pm... They said they are doing it as a precaution as we are traveling later this week out of the country. Have any of you had one? Does it hurt? Will I get to see the baby or hear his/her heartbeat?

I had to have one at my 8 week scan. It is more uncomfortable than hurting. It's not huge, a regular Pap smear hurts more than that. What I found worse was just the awkwardness of it... With DH in the room lol. You will be able to see the heartbeat on it. I'm sorry to hear about your spotting and I have my FX for you that everything is OK

Yeah it doesn't hurt but it can be uncomfortable when they angle it certain ways. In my place you just scooch to the edge of the bed and have your knees up and open. They normally give you a sheet to put over you so you feel abit less exposed to x

SweetMel- Awesome update!

Welcome AussieChick!

TMM- I’ve had quite a few vaginal ultrasounds and it was never painful. You will get a better view of the baby this way if you are still in early pregnancy compared to an abdominal. Typically between 6-7 weeks is when a heart beat can be seen and usually around 6 weeks you can see the fetal pole and yolk sac. If you don’t feel comfortable having the ultrasound tech insert the probe you can ask to do it yourself.

It sounds like there are a lot of you planning to tell loved ones very soon! Its so fun to share this kind of exciting news over the holidays! I am planning to do a FB announcement soon but still trying to think of how to do it since this baby isn’t mine. I've told close friends and family and they are all excited!

Welcome AussieChick!!

I've had a few vag ultrasounds while pregnant and they were never painful. I prefer the abdominal ones though. They are so much easier and less awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->