Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

I'm in the once-a-week gang when it comes to sex unfortunately. By the time I get dd asleep I usually fall asleep right after. Dd is such a night owl and dh works early mornings so I can't think of any ways to get any more sexy time in.

Lego & picsbaby xxxx
& hugs to anyone else feeling down

Lego I can relate to the evening battle of getting a five year old to bed (DS1) & spending the rest of it breastfeeding (DS2). Pretty hard going at the best of times but mentally exhausting when you're a sahm. It's totally draining. A 5 minute shower *alone* feels like a blinkin spa treatment sometimes!
I'm planning a 'date' (swimming & cinema) with my 5 year old at the weekend as we never seem to spend any quality alone time together. DH isn't very hands on with DS2 just yet so I'll probably have a protest when I tell him he's babysitting! Just need some one on one with DS1 as DS2 is so needy at the minute. Looking forward to switching off at the cinema too! Xx

DH and I don't get much time to DTD anymore. I'm usually asleep by 7pm, feeling sick, or just really not in the mood! Oh how times have changed, it used to be me jumping DH lol. He said the other night that now I got what I want, I don't need him anymore lol. Really hoping my libido picks up again soon!

2 days until my NT scan!! So nervously excited. Just want the baby to be ok!

Had my NT scan today, and things are looking good!

Seeing the baby move around on screen was the most amazing experience--I am head over heels in love with the little bean!!

Once a week DTD? My DH hasn't gotten any since the BFP because of my nausea at night.

Legohouse I get it. Pregnancy is just wiping me-it's my first pregnancy & I'm just flipping exhausted.

Lego - sorry you having a bad time :hugs:

I couldn't bring myself to even attempt the deed before 9 weeks my libido just disappeared and night time is sleep time! But during the last two weeks we have definitely picked up speed, we discovered that the mornings are the best times!!

This morning I had to beg, but he was so late for work he promised me that tonight he will make up for today :haha: which just means tomorrow anyway... but overall, libido is picking up big time and I cant say Im not enjoying it! :blush:

Ah I actually was almost in the mood tonight but as usual I fell asleep feeding our son and here I am at 6.50an puking my guts up and any mild sexual feelings I had are definitely dead and burried lol

You're all such good wives and gfs! My hubby hasn't had any action since the bfp- poor sod! I have a really low sex drive anyway so with the nausea and tiredness I just haven't been able to face it. Although judging by some of my dreams my sex drive might be picking up lol!

Trinity, I find that my dreams have also become really erotic! perhaps that is why mornings are the best for me :blush:

Sex? ONCE A WEEK! Your OHs should think themselves lucky. This sounds funny to me (when I say it in my head!) but we haven't had sex since before we conceived!!! Why?... With IVF, OH's sample needed to be 'fresh' which meant abstaining for however long before hand, I think we went 3 days, but even then it was not... actual... sex (I was very bloated and uncomfortable from all the drugs). So before that it was a couple of weeks or so from what I recall. When you've been trying for a baby for so long, things in the bedroom become more than regimented, so much so that we did the necessary over a 10day period each month, but were too exhausted (plus I'd get spotting for up to 2 weeks of the month, which doesn't make you feel sexy) to bother much beyond that. My reasons now are that I just want to make sure everything is ok, plus earlier on I had the OHSS and all-consuming tiredness. In theory, if I get a scan at todays or next week's consultant appointment, then that will be a green light (though personally I just don't really feel like it). Otherwise it'll be after the NT scan on 9th!
So that's all of you in the know about my non-existent sex life!

Hugs to Lego and Picksbaby - sorry you guys are having a hard time of it.

Iv been having wild dreams too lol! My dreams when I'm pregnant are always like that though!
I'm a lime! One more week til scan :happydance:

My friend has just been over and basically offered me all her maternity clothes :happydance: she is really stylish and a similar shape to me (non-pregnant). Now all I need is a bump :dohh: :rofl:

Iv been having wild dreams too lol! My dreams when I'm pregnant are always like that though!
I'm a lime! One more week til scan :happydance:

A lime is quite big when you think about it! I am a week and 2 days from my scan! Cant wait!!

We finally DTD for the first time in weeks last night. I felt bad I haven't been in the mood. DH has been totally understanding and lovely while he waits for me to bring up the topic. He just says he can't wait for the second trimester when libido picks up lol.

DH isn't very hands on with DS2 just yet so I'll probably have a protest when I tell him he's babysitting!

if he throws a hissy fit, just tell him "it's NOT babysitting, it's PARENTING!"

re: DTD... DH and i have been dieting since end of january, and as he's losing weight his libido is picking up ^^ which would be great if mine was anywhere to be seen!!!

DH isn't very hands on with DS2 just yet so I'll probably have a protest when I tell him he's babysitting!

if he throws a hissy fit, just tell him "it's NOT babysitting, it's PARENTING!"

I actually meant to say something similar but got distracted by all the sex talk lol. How come it's called babysitting when dads do it? Do I get to call it baby sitting all the time I'm on maternity leave lol? I'm sure babysitters will get paid more than I will?

How are all of your maternity packages looking? Mines actually pretty good. I get 18 weeks fully pay then down to smp for 21 weeks.

That is so true about men and "babysitting" their own kids! My dh is the same way. It's a good thing women are the ones that get pregnant because I don't see how the human race would have survived the other way around.

Trinity, I'm going to take 3 months, which is the max most women get in the U.S. and since I have enough leave saved up I'll still get paid. I'm totally envious of women in other countries who get months and months of leave, but I'm fortunate because here a lot of women only get six weeks unpaid leave.

I moan about DH a lot but really he's pretty good and does take care of the kids whenever he's home and without much complaint x

My friend has just been over and basically offered me all her maternity clothes :happydance: she is really stylish and a similar shape to me (non-pregnant). Now all I need is a bump :dohh: :rofl:

That was so nice!! Now you can spend that money on baby!

That is so true about men and "babysitting" their own kids! My dh is the same way. It's a good thing women are the ones that get pregnant because I don't see how the human race would have survived the other way around.

Trinity, I'm going to take 3 months, which is the max most women get in the U.S. and since I have enough leave saved up I'll still get paid. I'm totally envious of women in other countries who get months and months of leave, but I'm fortunate because here a lot of women only get six weeks unpaid leave.

That's all I get, 6 weeks, but because my company has short term disability and pregnancy is covered, I'll get 66.6% of my pay while I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->