Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

My boss had noticed I was tired and feeling sick and hot a lot and he asked how I was feeling and if id been to the doctors so I came clean. To be honest I think he already knew- he has 4 daughters and 8 grandkids so I'm fairly sure he knows the signs.

The day after I found out I was searched (company policy) and had forgotten to take the CB digi out of my pocket.
Unfortunately for me the battery was still working and there was no lines to see so my boss and area manager both read 'Pregnant'
The ground couldn't open up fast enough... This was in 2007.

My boss had noticed I was tired and feeling sick and hot a lot and he asked how I was feeling and if id been to the doctors so I came clean. To be honest I think he already knew- he has 4 daughters and 8 grandkids so I'm fairly sure he knows the signs.

The day after I found out I was searched (company policy) and had forgotten to take the CB digi out of my pocket.
Unfortunately for me the battery was still working and there was no lines to see so my boss and area manager both read 'Pregnant'
The ground couldn't open up fast enough... This was in 2007.

:haha: OMG!!

I also love my changing table. I never had one with DS1 and didn't feel like I needed one or missed out but with DS2 it was invaluable to stop him getting trampled and especially it was easier than bending on the floor after c section. Mine was from ikea and it was only about £25 it still looks brand new so I'm gonna use it again just but a new mat for the top :)

i have an improvised changing table - short stack of shelves with a change mat on top. he's never rolled off it, but more recently has tried to both dive (head first) and leap off the damn thing. i don't blame him though, his bum was particularly sore at the time :(

re: telling the boss: i found out with DS at 5 weeks, and although the morning sickness didn't start right away the food aversions did - i was managing a restaurant so there was food EVERYWHERE and my boss caught me running to the loo just to get away from the smells. told her i wasn't so good with food at the minute, and she said "oh? OH!" but she knew we'd been trying for a while. it was good, really. i was trialling the management position for three months (i wasn't sure i could do it, they were all for giving it me permanently and burying their heads in the sand) so i gave it up and went back to my old admin position at the end of the three months, but i then had to resign that as they'd not found anyone to cover the management position and it was STILL falling to me to deal with crap that i really didn't need to be dealing with. they understood completely, and i got a lovely reference off them for my next job :)

important to note, this was in zimbabwe - the rules and leave etc in the UK and in the states are very different. i'd wait until you have a contract or until you are legally obligated to tell your employer, personally.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad when I found out we were having a boy. Especially going shopping and seeing all the little baby girl clothes and shoes. I almost cried in the store but I pulled it together. Girls just seem to have a bigger and cuter selection of stuff. I'm so over looking at sports and truck related stuff. Makes me gag..

That was the extent of my saddness though; CLOTHES! Silly in retrospect I know. Then I got to thinking about my current DS and how amazing he is. I couldn't ask for a better kid. He's sweet and funny. The coolest little dude I know with a kick-ass personality. He's mean and stubborn too, of course - but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm really excited to have another little boy who I hope takes after his big bro. Just a little less rotten. :)

I can feel him move more now and I know it's him without a doubt. I believe it's helped more in the bonding and accepting of what I've been blessed with. I guess the hormones are just making me emotional. I'm almost in tears now. Thanks for reading.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad when I found out we were having a boy. Especially going shopping and seeing all the little baby girl clothes and shoes. I almost cried in the store but I pulled it together. Girls just seem to have a bigger and cuter selection of stuff. I'm so over looking at sports and truck related stuff. Makes me gag..

That was the extent of my saddness though; CLOTHES! Silly in retrospect I know. Then I got to thinking about my current DS and how amazing he is. I couldn't ask for a better kid. He's sweet and funny. The coolest little dude I know with a kick-ass personality. He's mean and stubborn too, of course - but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm really excited to have another little boy who I hope takes after his big bro. Just a little less rotten. :)

I can feel him move more now and I know it's him without a doubt. I believe it's helped more in the bonding and accepting of what I've been blessed with. I guess the hormones are just making me emotional. I'm almost in tears now. Thanks for reading.

So sweet :hugs:

That's how I feel Ophelia! Id love a little girl after two boys and this is our last baby. But really when I think of the reasons it's clothes and toys why I want a girl! It's hard to resist all those cute girly outfits!
But if I have a boy I'll be just as happy, 3 little boys will be great :)

:hugs: Gertrude

Confusion, please can you put me down for 2 yellow bumps, we decided not to find out the twins sex...

Sure thing ibelieve. You know I just realized I should have you down as two sunflowers. Don't know why I counted you as 1 :haha:

Oh and I didn't mention, but I updated your due date jennifer :thumbup:

:haha: thanks Confuzion, don't worry, I have to sometimes remind myself and others that there isn't just one in here!

maybe the colour will change but for now we yellow!

So sorry Gertrude, my heart goes out to you :(

Scan today....we are having a boy! So excited to have a little brother for my son. Can not wipe the smile off my face x

Congrats Sassy on your new job!! That must be such a relief!

Miss406, congrats on being Team Blue!! So great to have equal numbers of each! That is wild how your job found about about your last pregnancy. OMG!! Now did they have to go poking around reading the readout, lol!! They were just being nosy.

AFM: I was really torn about which gender I wanted this time because I love girls and same sex sibling bonds are just so special, but then another part wanted the experience of raising a boy--and I wanted to be the first on my dad's side of the family to produce a grandson. Petty I know!

I will not miss buying the clothes though! Part of my reason for wanting a girl was the clothes, but it is def a blessing and a curse. It takes up so much time and so much money coordinating all the little outfits. And then you have to do hair and coordinate all the barrettes and hair prettys and fight with dd about what they are wearing that day only to pick them up at the end of the day and they look like a mess. And then they have dolls and the dolls also have wardrobes. It is fun at times but the rest of the time it is a major PITA.

I was dying for a girl when trying for #1 and would have welcomed a girl this time but I am SO enjoying the ease of all mix and match, no fuss clothing!

Gertrude I am so sorry. :hugs: I couldn't even imagine what you're going through right now. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->