Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

So is anyone else not feeling pregnant?!

Im 6+1 today, only got sore boobs. Not complaining though! I did had backache, tired all time but was before BFP anyway!

Still hard to believe im having another baby! :D

Me me me me me ! I don't feel pregnant! My boobs are little bit sore here and there and if I don't eat for longer period of time I get Just little but nausea but that's it :shrug: I feel the same. Yeah may be except the major bloat which just makes me look fat , not pregnant :haha:

luminescent - we had nothing. we were living at my mother's having just moved back to the country. DH got a job 2 weeks before LO was born. we were given a pram (with infant car seat), moses basket and bedding, clothes, small selection of toys, bottles and steriliser from a friend of mine who knew we were expecting and saved everything from her babies. more clothes from another friend of mine from her nephew. my grandparents set aside money which bought him a high chair, cot, safety gates, and other bigger things that weren't necessarily "needs" but which we wanted for him. i've been scouring gumtree, freegle, freecycle, and local buy/swap/sell groups on facebook and have kitted him out with travel cot, walker, jumperoo and other things for next to nothing compared to RRP. his first proper shoes are second hand, from eBay. his clothes continue to be second hand, from a local travelling market. "new" items are almost always on sale in supermarkets, or from places like Primark. his grandad is always on the lookout for cheap things that he might need or want for birthdays, christmas etc and every time he comes around it's with clothes for his next growth spurt (found in the sales).

you can do this on a budget. you just have to be resourceful, and he just has to man up.

edit: just found a car seat for the minion - birth to 4 years, brand new, £15 (unwanted gift from MIL). it can be done on a budget!

Luminescent : So sorry for what you're going through :hugs2:. Don't worry about financials as all will work itself out. I hope your OH comes around. For us, motherhood begins when that test turns positive. For men, a lot of the times it takes holding the baby in their arms. First reactions are not indicative. Give him time like you said. Good luck to you.

Rozzer: congrats on the blood test, I get mine this week eek! Can't wait.

Boothh: welcome and congratsss!!! :happydance:

Jess812: As this is my first pregnancy, it all feels so surreal. I feel more like I'm sick than growing a human being. Don't think it has fully sunk in yet :haha:

Luminescent - I agree with the other ladies. Give him some time to come around and it can definitely be done on a budget. I don't think you can fully be prepared anyway, I thought we had everything mapped out with the first one and nothing went according to plan but it all worked itself out. You can do it, I'm sure everything will be fine. :hugs:

Luminescent - I agree with the other ladies. Give him some time to come around and it can definitely be done on a budget. I don't think you can fully be prepared anyway, I thought we had everything mapped out with the first one and nothing went according to plan but it all worked itself out. You can do it, I'm sure everything will be fine. :hugs:

This!
And my Now DH had a very bad reaction to finding I was pregnant with out eldest! You just need time for everything to sink in :hugs:

For us, motherhood begins when that test turns positive. For men, a lot of the times it takes holding the baby in their arms.

SO TRUE. DH still can't think about minion too much as it overwhelms him, but he'll be great, just as he was with taylor. he doesn't think of minion as being there yet though, can't conceive of it (pardon the pun).

i'm sure that the FOBs with doubts just need a little time to get out of the shellshocked phase - certainly crossing extremities for that :)

To be fair I think I'm still in the shell shock phase though iv only known 24 hours! One minute I'm really excited the next I'm like Sh!t what am I gonna do with 3 kids! Lol x

Thank you all, that really does make me feel a bit better. I'm just feeling like the "bad guy" now for wanting to keep this pregnancy and putting us in a sticky financial situation. I guess I just expected him to be excited immediately which was silly. It's true that I already feel like a protective mom, but to him it's just lines on a pee stick that mean trouble!

1eighty- thank you for all the info! I know it can be done, it just seems so overwhelming at this point.

To be fair I think I'm still in the shell shock phase though iv only known 24 hours! One minute I'm really excited the next I'm like Sh!t what am I gonna do with 3 kids! Lol x

Omg me too! Wondering if I need a new car lol

Thank you all, that really does make me feel a bit better. I'm just feeling like the "bad guy" now for wanting to keep this pregnancy and putting us in a sticky financial situation. I guess I just expected him to be excited immediately which was silly. It's true that I already feel like a protective mom, but to him it's just lines on a pee stick that mean trouble!

1eighty- thank you for all the info! I know it can be done, it just seems so overwhelming at this point.

You are definitely not the bad guy :nope:
It's like everybody says , he needs time . And especially because it was not planned and you are still in shock you need his support even more .
Just hold on and you will see its gonna get better :flower::thumbup:

DH and I will need a new car now that this baby is on the way. DH has 2 kids from his 1st marriage and I have a son from a previous relationship. His kids don't live with us but they do visit us for 6-8 weeks in the summer. My car barely holds 3 kids so we will be getting a bigger vehicle by May of next year to accomdate our growing family. :winkwink:

We gave up the car at the beginning of the year and iv managed fine so far! We have quite good public transport and live in a village with lots to do so I'm hoping we'll be fine!
Are you going to double pram? X

We gave up the car at the beginning of the year and iv managed fine so far! We have quite good public transport and live in a village with lots to do so I'm hoping we'll be fine!

I didn't really use Olivers newborn buggy bit as I always had him in the baby carrier so I'm not sure, are you? X

I didn't really use Olivers newborn buggy bit as I always had him in the baby carrier so I'm not sure, are you? X

Noo I hate double prams! I havnt had teddy in the pram in ages cus he's quite good at walking and iv been using a ringsling since August. I think I will babywear a lot, just worried about when I have a bump and still using the ringsling!

I've had my pregnancy confirmed by the doctors, my first appointment with the midwife will be on 22nd October. Feels so far away!
I've been super tired today, I had a 3 hour nap this afternoon while hubby watched LO. I just feel generally crappy at the minute!

I've had my pregnancy confirmed by the doctors, my first appointment with the midwife will be on 22nd October. Feels so far away!
I've been super tired today, I had a 3 hour nap this afternoon while hubby watched LO. I just feel generally crappy at the minute!

Mines the same day as yours and it feels like its ages away! Don't even get to see my doctor first so I hope the midwife confirms it in some way. I still worry AF has arrived every time I go to the loo- does anyone know when this feeling will go away?

Mines the same day as yours and it feels like its ages away! Don't even get to see my doctor first so I hope the midwife confirms it in some way. I still worry AF has arrived every time I go to the loo- does anyone know when this feeling will go away?

I always get it til safely out of first tri! Luckily my midwife booking in is tomorrow so I don't have to wait too long! x

Little TMI -
Does any of you have this shooting short sharp pain around/on bladder area and also kinda like outside of vajajay ? Not at the same time ...
Sometimes it's so sharp I have to sit down .
I was just wondering if it's something stretching or if it's something bad ...

Good morning!

Congrats boothh :)

Luminescent- just want to offer you some :hugs: :hugs: if you need to chat don't be afraid to pm me Hun xx

Trinity - I am always nervous when going to the loo! OH and I dtd the other night and had a little tiny bit of spotting after it (only when I wipe, just a streak) but it's made me even more paranoid! :( thankfully it was only the one time! And I had no cramps.

Take note ladies - if you dtd you may see a little blood. From what I've been reading it can be completely normal as long as it's not accompanied with cramping.

Proudmomma- could it be a uti? I do remember I had a few sharp pains with ds in my lady region.

Afm- no sick this morning! Feeling great actually! I'm getting close to when ms kicked in last time...

Jess- I don't feel pregnant at all this morning too!

1.30am and I'm up brushing my teeth and being sick. I would put money on this being a girl already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->