Due in June 2014!(88 sunflowers), 37 (blue), 24 (pink), (48) here!

confuzion, the panorama sounds like what they call the MaterniT21 or Harmony test here. I would definitely get it as soon as I could since it also tests for the major genetic defects. My OB said that I would have to get the NT and triple screen and then get a positive on that before they would refer me for that testing. Seems like it would make more sense to just go ahead and let me just do the MaterniT21 and not bother with the triple screen since that gives sooo many false positives.

Yay for a prune Cali! I'll be a prune too on Tuesday :happydance: sure you'll find baby in a week :D

THats good youve got a dryer boothh! Definitely need one in these cold months, I'd be lost without mine!

Confuzion glad your day wasn't too bad! Just got to keep resting to get through haven't we :haha:

Lego sorry you're still feeling rubbish!

DH went out last night so I used it as an exscuse to go out shopping today as I'm not spending any money going out :haha:

Oh and how do they do the gender test you're talking about? I'm intrigued

Yes Cali. They sound the same. I wouldn't do the blood test if they had me doing the scan. I feel lucky they gave me the choice.

Jennifer - it's just a blood test that finds baby's DNA in the mom's blood and checks for chromosomal abnormalities (trisomies for example). Through the test, they are also able to tell you baby's gender. It can be done as early as 9 weeks and you get the results usually within a week. It's supposed to be an alternative to the typical 12 week NT scan. There's a few out there apparently that accomplish the same purpose. The ones I've heard of now are the Harmony test, the MaterniT21, and Panorama.

Ahh very interesting! I'm looking forward to you having it so I know what you're having :haha: I'm just as excited to know what everyone else in here is having as I am about myself!

Has anybody been looking at baby stuff yet? I keep looking at clothes and things but all the unisex stuff is soo boring! :(

Has anybody been looking at baby stuff yet? I keep looking at clothes and things but all the unisex stuff is soo boring! :(

I haven't been looking but my mother-in-law bought TONS of unisex clothes for us already (she said there was a sale at babies-r-us and that she couldn't resist). They're cute, but wish she wouldn't have as I would like to have picked all my baby's clothes myself. I think I will wait to find out the gender before buying things myself. And at least until I'm safely out of first tri.

Ahh very interesting! I'm looking forward to you having it so I know what you're having :haha: I'm just as excited to know what everyone else in here is having as I am about myself!

:rofl: me too jennifer! can't wait to see what everyone is having. Team yellows are really making us wait aren't they :haha:

I don't need anything - I still have all the stuff from G that Ed wore too & almost everything until 3months is unisex and a lot of the 3-6month stuff is too. (Not all white though, lots of rainbow stuff, I love it all!) plus if bub is due the end of June then I think all I will need is vests, nappies and sunscreen until mid September over here!

I'm not sure if I want to find out the gender or not! I like the idea of it being a surprise. My hubby wants to find out though, so I don't know how we're gonna work that out. He would never be able to keep it a secret, so it's not like he can know and me not know. I didn't know that the early test isn't covered by insurance.. with my last pregnancy that didn't work out the doctor talked about it like it was a normal thing, not extra. I'll have to ask her about it tomorrow at my appointment! Yay appointment tomorrow!

we can't decide whether or not to find out either! it turns out one of my best friend happened to get pregnant the same time as i did, and right now our due dates are identical. they are dead set on keeping it a surprise which makes me want to too! but i like the idea of knowing since it is our first and we'll know what to prepare for. at the same time, we're planning on having others so might make sense to get all unisex stuff anyway? my absolute favorite color is red, so i have a feeling that is mostly what things will be! which in my opinion could definitely be either team, especially if your little girl is named ruby!

Iv got rid of most of my baby stuff except for what's still being used so will need it all again. I won't buy until into 2nd tri though.
I just find yellows and greens so... Blah! I think ill just get enough clothes for the first few days and do a huge online shop when we get home! I thought of making boy and girl lists too and just Saving the money and sending someone out to pick everything up when we know!

I bought blanket and going home outfit before I even got pregnant :haha::blush:
And it's pink on top of it :blush:
I saved the recipe of course :coffee:
And of course I am not gonna buy anything else until we find out the gender ( unless its very cheap and unisex :baby::haha: )

I haven't bought anything yet, but I keep looking. I can't wait to buy stuff. We definitely want to find out though.

I also can't wait to tell out families. I refuse to tell them until 12 weeks this time though. Its so hard though. Especially with my sister being pregnant and my mom gloating about buying stuff for her baby.

3 more sleeps until first scan!!! I pray baby is measuring where he should be. Ill be 7w2d at that time. One day shy of when nugget stopped growing last time. [-o<

Feels kinda weird as I haven't even had blood drawn to confirm yet. I go tomorrow morning for that. I have an awesome app on my phone that I can get the results from also so I won't have to wait for the doctor to call me!

Hope you all are well!

Hey ladies, glad to hear you all doing well...

I just have a question, in terms of nausea, anyone experience it come and go, this weekend I hardly had any? I still pee often and my boobs are still sore but I was hoping someone else experienced this in a previous pregnancy?

Yesterday (or still today if you're in America) my nausea disappeared for the day. I think it is back though lol

Hi everyone. I just got caught up on this thread. Great scans. I have a Dr appointment set for Tuesday. I can't wait.

My nausea comes and goes too, think it's normal xx

I was talking to a friends partner yesterday and she said they were ttc and was asking about our situation. I said were ttc too lol so at least I got to talk about our plans abit. I felt awkward though cus I didn't want to outright lie!

Back to the school run today and I'm soo tired! The kids arnt even dressed yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->