Due in June...... Countdown to Birth!!

No at the moment we've moved area so we've been seeing doctors and midwives loads to ensure all our care is set up where we live now and each week he's put on about half a pound sometimes a little less so looking at 9lb all going well.

I hope hes not bigger :-( I can't imagine having one that big!

Has anyone heard about eating dates starting about 4 weeks before your due date? It's supposed to help things naturally and decrease the need to be induced. I think i'm going to do it. I'll be 36 weeks on the 25th so i'll start then. If it doesn't do anything, then it's just dates!

I've not heard that one...
But hey anything is worth a try.... Think I may try it out xxx

Has anyone heard about eating dates starting about 4 weeks before your due date? It's supposed to help things naturally and decrease the need to be induced. I think i'm going to do it. I'll be 36 weeks on the 25th so i'll start then. If it doesn't do anything, then it's just dates!

The midwife at my antenatal said about dates. It's worth a try if you don't mind dates! I can't stand them. Also pineapple as well apparently, another thing I can't stand lol.

Not heard that about dates but I can't stand them anyway, I don't think I could stomach them :haha:

I'm not keen on dates or pineapples but i'll hold my nose while eating and give it a shot!!

I was always afraid of dates until I ate them! they look AWFUL, but they are really sweet and carby. In a strange way, they remind me of a donut! They do have a LOT of sugar though.. not sure someone with GD could eat them! haha

I think i'm going to start drinking the red raspberry leaf tea as well. I just have to find some!

I've got some in capsules as I find it hard to drink enough for it to be useful. I think if you look it up you have to drink 4-5 cups a day for it to be useful in the 3rd trimester xx

Holy crap! yeah.. that's a lot of cups of tea in a day. Maybe i'll just stick with the dates.

That's why I'm investing in the capsules you can get them from herbal chemists for cheap enough and they're chewable xx

Hello can I join?
I am due for the 9th of June but I don't think I'll make it that far. I have to rest due to risk of preterm labour and both my other kids were born at 38 weeks.
I am getting really frustrated now with not being allowed to do anything and so I can't wait for my little one to be here.

Hi Rel,

Of course you can join. Enjoy relaxing while you can won't be long until little ones here xx

I'm due 7th June with my second baby, expecting a girl this time!
I'm having a ton of Braxton hicks and I'm super uncomfortable, the baby has such crazy movements and is right out at the front, my little boy definitely wasn't this far forward in my belly!

Helloo ladies, can I join too? :hi:

I am due June 6th and part of the multiple June threads but hey I'll join this one too! I've read back through all the posts, nice to get a little snippet of everyone here :)

I'm a first timer expecting a girl and hoping for a home birth; I have a growth scan at 37 weeks (19th) and after that we'll decide if I'm going to go for it, so fingers crossed!

All I'm doing at the moment is taking RLT daily and trying to encourage her into the right position. From 37 weeks I'm going to try and dtd daily but I may have to get OH to do it and I'll just lie there :haha:

Hi heather1212: welcome, sorry you're so uncomfortable. I've not had many BH yet luckily. At least we're nearing the end now!! Xx

Mummafrog: Nice to see you here :) I think we've spoken in a few posts before now. Can't believe you still want to dtd most nights in the next few weeks, by the time I get to bed I want sleep haha

Mummafrog: Nice to see you here :) I think we've spoken in a few posts before now. Can't believe you still want to dtd most nights in the next few weeks, by the time I get to bed I want sleep haha

Hehe yes we have, nice to spot you again, how exciting we're nearing the end :happydance:How are you feeling??
Haha I don't WANT to dtd! But semen has a very similar effect to EPO apparently, helps soften the cervix etc and orgasms help get the oxytocin flowing and hopefully bring on uterine activity. Just seems a natural way to hopefully help things along :)

Haha I'm really well thanks mummafrog :) the only complaint I've got is I've bad indigestion & acid reflux :-( but I can't complain my little boys going to be a big one at this rate hehe. We had an extra scan recently to be told he's got lots of hair and a chunky tummy. I can't wait to meet him!! Xxx

36 weeks today!!!
Only one weeks left for me to rest!
This morning, I have noticed that I can feel the kicks lower down my bump. I wonder if it means that the baby has dropped...
I just have a feeling that it isn't going to be long now till I'm holding my little girl, but we'll see, it could just be wishful thinking.

Only 27 days for me!! Woohoo :-D I keep getting more aches and pains but to be honest, I think he might be late. I don't feel like he's coming any time soon xx

Anyone feel like sharing their bump pics as well?? I feel huge now but keep being told I look small lol

This is me last week at 35+ weeks:
DSC_1947.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"