Due in June...... Countdown to Birth!!

Hi ladies,

CHW: I've been off for weeks I get my annual leave from work from January to January so had all my holidays plus bank holiday days to use up (33 days in total). Then I had my mat leave on top so I was lucky enough to be able to leave work in April :-D and be paid. I've got to admit living in the UK can have its perks.

Today been having period type pains and feeling tired. Don't know if it means anything but it'd be nice if it did xxx

Oh lucky you Bumble!! If I take a week off before baby, it takes a week away from my maternity leave once baby is here. So I really have to weigh the pro's and con's of taking off before baby. I really won't have anything to do at home, but I still like the idea of having the calm before the storm.

CHW - I am dying to start maternity leave now but also don't want to cut into my 12 weeks with the baby. Luckily my boss is amazing. He is letting me come and go as needed as long as my work gets done. Other than that I am just trying to remember that I don't have much time left before the baby is here. I know it will be worth it when I am spending that 12th week with my baby - which is the only though that is keeping me going.

Oh lucky you! My work would definitley not let me do that. I'm going to talk to my OB on Friday and ask how long they let you go before they induce you, just to know. If they say 41 weeks, then I might work until June 25th (my due date is Sunday 6/22) and then take a couple days off leading up to induction.

I'm really hoping however, that I don't have to be induced, so I probably won't be able to take any time off before.

I have a feeling this baby won't stay in til due date!

Went to my aquanatal class yesterday and actually thought he was going to come there and then! So many STROOOOONG BH & sharp pains down there...
yikes.
Not long left!

Baby is measuring 1 week ahead, so that would put me at 34 & 4 rather than 33 & 4, and that matches my LMP dates too.. so my guess is they're the correct dates. Wonder how much longer he'll stay in!

I keep feeling like I won't make it to my due date, but then I think that every FTM probably thinks like this and then ends up going overdue, so I have no idea what to think.

24 days! Headed to ob...tons of horrible cramping...back ache....bleeding and clots!!!!!!! :) :) :)

good luck birdlee!! let us know how everything goes!

Thanks...headed home. I am having contractions 3-5 minutes apart but not dialated at all. Sonogram looks good...I was monitored and she sounds good. So its a waiting game. Going to go eat something and maybe head to the grocery stpre...that was the plan today. We shall see......

Ahhhhhh its happening soon!!!!! :)

Oooh Birdlee keep in touch and let us know how you get on!! Xxx

Went to the hospital for reduced fetal movements today and MY ob dr fussed at me for not calling him 1st like really i could care less about you if my baby hasnt been moving!

I keep feeling like I won't make it to my due date, but then I think that every FTM probably thinks like this and then ends up going overdue, so I have no idea what to think.

I 100% did not believe I was going to make it to my due date with my first. Ended up 9 days over! So frustrating :dohh:

But then I had no real signs of labour until I was in actual labour, where as this seems to be getting progressively stronger, etc. As long as he's stays cooking until 37-38 weeks then I don't really mind when he comes. Sooner rather than later though! :haha:

yeah.. I really want to start "labor watch" for myself, but I'm afraid it's far too early. LOL! I really hope I don't go 9 days over, but with my luck, I probably will!

Well things seemed to slow down today. I am still bleeding some...no clots. I have been having some contractions but they're spaced out alot. I have a regular appointment tomorrow with my ob. Saturday I am FULL TERM!!!! WOW! :) Seems crazy how it's here already I felt like I'd never get here! :(

Hope everyone is doing well!

Birdlee: Glad things have slowed a bit today!! Fingers crossed for your appointment tomorrow.

Kayla: Sorry you've been having troubles. Hope everything is OK now.

Mrsmummy2: I feel my labour may start like yours did with no symptoms, I guess I should count my chickens though as I don't think I want lots of Bratton hicks etc xx

CHW: I'm on labour watch atm but the only symptom I've had is a few period style cramps randomly. I don't have any Bratton hicks or anything. Not sure what I'm looking for though bar obvious contractions. I'm hoping we don't go over. I'm so ready to have this baby.

Helloo ladies :hugs:

Good luck birdlee, I'm glad things have eased off a bit, I hope you make it to 37 weeks, just a few more days! Then baby can do what she wants hehe.

Kayla - Was the monitoring okay? Hope all is well and baby was just being cheeky <3

AFM all is still well; my bp/urine etc are behaving themselves and midwife says baby girl's head is in the right place and maybe slightly starting to move down, really would love her to engage soon, it's much more comfortable when she's not in my ribs! We've got our scan on monday and will make our final plan for birth after so I'll update then. SO excited to be 37 weeks TOMORROW :shock: I also never thought I'd get here and it feels amazing and relieving and exciting all at once.
Symptoms wise I haven't had much although I've had a couple of strong BH's which I haven't felt before and my cervix feels pinchy when walking quite regularly which has happened from about 32 weeks but now it's getting paaainful when it happens.

I was getting some back cramping earlier, but it's too early for me. I think it was just because I hadn't drank a ton of water. I'm trying my best..

Hi ladies! Thought i shud say hi again!
Birdlee looks like things are starting for u soon! Hope it doesnt drag out too long!
I also thought id be early with my first baby ubt she was right on time. I also feel like I'll go early with this one but who knows. I am having some pains tho but nothing to really write home about. Full term on monday woo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->