Due in June...... Countdown to Birth!!

And I am in l&d with contractions. Having some pretty long and strong ones. Waiting to see an ob on call...she's busy delivering babies. Whoooo knows!!! :)

And I am in l&d with contractions. Having some pretty long and strong ones. Waiting to see an ob on call...she's busy delivering babies. Whoooo knows!!! :)
I am home now. Had strong contractions every 7 minutes. My cervix is still closed but softer...and baby is lower. So this is the start! Now off to sleep!!!!!!

We have so much going on at the moment with trying to organize moving house (pick up keys July 1st :dohh: ) that I really haven't thought about labour all that much! The time is just running away from me!! 6 weeks til d-day tomorrow!! Wowee!

Hoping things will just fall into place and baby will make an appearance before d-day so everything with the move can go easily! Also can't wait to meet our little bundle of blue joy! But if he does come late, I guess we just have to move days after giving birth! Oh joy :haha:

P.S. Good luck birdlee337! :flower: :happydance:

ooo good luck!! :flower:

as for me, still pregnant. Hurting quite a lot now :nope:

have my birthing ball in living room now to get bouncing on! :)

Well Birdlee sounds like things are moving in that direction anyway! At least your body is practicing and getting ready!

Hope everyone is OK today!

I am full term today woohoo! I am ready now TBH can't wait, I feel so achey and tight, FX for another on time arrival (or even a teeny bit eary ;))

Hi ladies,

Gosh a lot going off on here now eeehh!!

Birdlee: Fingers crossed you progress nicely from here. Good luck hun for your delivery xx

Mrsmummy: Good luck for your move

Jess812: Sorry to hear your aching, fingers crossed babies not to far away for you now

Pinkpolkadot: Congratulations on making full term. Commenced labour watch!! :-D

AFM: Feeling a bit more achey lately and stomachs feeling tighter. No labour signs yet though. Think this little man's going to be late xx

Ladies.. when did your doctor start doing internal exams? I had my 34 week appointment today and they told me at my next appointment (36 weeks) they can start doing internals. She followed that with "if you want them to" and said if I didn't, I didn't have too.

I'm not real sure I want to start them so soon. I don't really see a point. At 36 weeks, i'm not even considered full term, so why be messing around up there? I don't want to get false hope and then still go past my due date. LOL. So have any of you denied them?

Oooh good luck birdlee, maybe you'll be our first :)

mrsmummy good luck with the move! Must be hectic :hugs:

I'm also term today! :happydance:Feels nice to be here, I feel like I can relax a bit and just let it come (even though I'm still impatient haha). No signs or anything except a lot of pinchy pain in my cervix when I walk and some pressure. Dtd this morning, hoping to make myself do it more often from today :blush:

Oh blem I meant to answer about the internals - I agree with you cant, I think 36 weeks is a bit early and I don't think there is much medical reason before you're term unless they were worried about something. Here in the UK we don't get internals till much later, as far as I know not until around 40 weeks. If I were you I would decline at least the first one at 36 weeks, by 38 weeks you might want one to see what's going on hehe X

Thank ladies. I got a few hours of sleep lastnight. I am exhausted. Having alot of pain and a few contractions. Nothing like lastnight at all. I am full term tomorrow!!!!!!

Ladies.. when did your doctor start doing internal exams? I had my 34 week appointment today and they told me at my next appointment (36 weeks) they can start doing internals. She followed that with "if you want them to" and said if I didn't, I didn't have too.

I'm not real sure I want to start them so soon. I don't really see a point. At 36 weeks, i'm not even considered full term, so why be messing around up there? I don't want to get false hope and then still go past my due date. LOL. So have any of you denied them?

As Mummafrog said they don't really do them here in the UK unless you think you are in labour so I'm sure if you don't want one it would be OK :thumbup:

Congrats mummafrog on full term :happydance:

Glad you got some sleep birdlee, at least full term is in sight now!

Thanks ladies. Here in the US they really push for them starting at 36 weeks. I am going to tell them that I do not want any until I am 40 weeks, or overdue if they will let it go that long. Not sure when my "last" OB appointment is. I'm just not comfortable with it, and there is no medical reason to do it. They don't do anything with the information, so why do it?

Well this little boy is deff keeping me on my toes. I just can't wait till 40 weeks. But honestly i think i might go ahead and opt for a induction at 39 weeks.. Is anyone else getting induced just because you want to?

Didnt know u could get induced 'just because' doesnt there have to be a medical reason?

I'm not even sure they do elective inductions in the UK, but I think I would opt for it if I haven't gone into labour by 39 weeks too.
I've never been offered anything like that. With my first they would only induce after 13 days! So no idea what it is on your second, but it's never been mentioned :shrug:

Hey ladies :hugs:

Had some weird things going on.. I was naughty last night and sort of half jogged half ran for a train for quite a way and I'm no runner so it made me feel very shaky and exhausted, I cried on my OH when we made it :cry:It was that or wait another half an hour for a train at 11pm and I just couldn't do it.
So last night/this morning I have a sore pelvis and right hip joint (to be expected, was hard to sleep) but also woke up with what I can only describe as mild contractions. Sort of light period pains that came and went and through a couple of them my cervix felt strange, not painful but I noticed it if that makes any sense :wacko: Also tmi; I had loose bm this morning.

I'm term, so I guess it's not a bad thing but I am just worried it was the running that brought it on and it's not meant to happen now so it's my fault.

Baby is moving fine, I'm not worried about her.

I got up and had a big glass of water because I bet dehydration wasn't helping. They seemed to have eased off. Still feel all sensitive and 'funny'.

Anyway yeah, that's me. What do you think? Should I be slapping myself on the wrist for running? :/ XX

Mummafrog, don't worry about it.
As you say, you are full term now, so there won't be any problems for the baby.
By running, you have made life more uncomfortable for yourself but it probably won't affect you much. If labour starts as a result of that, it may well be because you were close to being in labour anyway.
I think there are times when we all do things which we know are not the wisest but that is part of life, and possibly especially for pregnant women!
Relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->