Due In May :)

Aww yay Hann, so so please for you!! What have you called him? Sorry the labour didn't go as planned but at least your both safe and sound :) x

Oops sorry in my rush I can't believe I forgot his name lol - it's Henry Edward. So happy he's here!

Wow Hann! 8 lbs 2 ounces!!! So much bigger than your little Annabelle! Massive congrats, hon! Henry Edward is a beautiful name!

Is that it then? Are we waiting on anyone else to deliver? We did it ladies! Yay us! xx

Are we still waiting for sass?

Haven't heard anything so hoping that's a good sign!

How is everyone today? Alice is going through a phase where she only wants to feed for a little while and then get hungry a couple of mins later. Cheeky girl!

Ava was doin that when i was bf. How old is Alice now, cos they told me that was normal for day 6.

Afm, Im doing my nut in this hospital. Stuck here with this bloody drip in. Theres talk of draining the abcess tomorrow but possibly under general anaesthetic which i really do not want! Ava doin great though, 2/3 oz every 3-4 hours and sleeping on a night more insyead of day. Shes such a good baby x

Alice is day 6 today...she started doing it yesterday so maybe its normal. She got weighed yesterday and is very nearly back to her birthweight. The midwife said it can take up to ten days so she's doing really well! Going to be a chubby baby in no time lol.

And do you know how big the abcess is? I'd have thought they'd just local it and drain it! Seems a bit excessive putting you under! Hope it gets sorted soon, IV antibiotics should make a lot of difference!

I think the idea was that if they did general they could open ul a bit of the section wound and make sure it was properly drained and clean, its spread along the top of the scar as well. However, Ive asked them to try the local first so they are going to do it first thing tomorrow morning, but doing it this way it could refill so may still need general.

Ah I see, I guess they want to be thorough which is good.

But with the local and your IVABs it should be all ok :)

Hey girls! Sorry I fell off for a bit. Taking care of Dylan has been overwhelming after the c section. Bfing is so hard and really time consuming. She's eating almost 4 oz every 4 hours of expressed milk from a bottle or just going on the boob for 3 hours at a time. I'm drained! And still trying to do a bit of work here and there. I'm crushed for sure. How's everyone else holding up?
So happy you had your little guy Hann. And you were right - he was a big boy!

Hey sass! I know the feeling of a hungry baby! Alice sometimes takes so long and then she'll come off and want to feed again soon after!

Did everything go ok??

How's everyone else? Busy I presume :D we've all got our hands full of little bundles. I think we've been spending more time changing nappies than anything else. Alice loves to make very un-lady like noises and explosions, usually when you've just fed her to settle her lol.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...induction-labor-birth-story.html#post27489727

Been busy with my two here but not nearly as hard as i expected it to be now i can do more still in pain from my neck and back but its bearable funny how my incision is the least of my concerns pain wise.

Sounds like everyone is busy! I mean, we've got our gorgeous babies to stare at and that takes up a lot of time!

Alice is past her birth weight now and we've registered her too :) hearing test very good and she has her appointment for paed physio for her positional talipes.

Breastfeeding was going ok but had a lot of pain last night in left boob :(

Just curious are any of you girls still having red lochia? The info you get says that by now it should be brown but its the same for me.

Hope all mummies and babies are doing well xxx

How old is Alice Jary? I think mine was red for about 2 weeks. I only stopped about 1.5 weeks ago x

Sounds like everyone is busy! I mean, we've got our gorgeous babies to stare at and that takes up a lot of time!

Alice is past her birth weight now and we've registered her too :) hearing test very good and she has her appointment for paed physio for her positional talipes.

Breastfeeding was going ok but had a lot of pain last night in left boob :(

Just curious are any of you girls still having red lochia? The info you get says that by now it should be brown but its the same for me.

Hope all mummies and babies are doing well xxx

I spend most of my time just staring at PJ in amazement. I still haven't wrapped my mind around the fact that just a few weeks ago, he was still in my belly.
We got the paperwork yesterday to request his birth certificate - just one more step closer to him becoming a 'real baby' :) he passed his hearing retest with flying colors, he didn't pass his left ear in the hospital.
Try using coconut oil on your nipples, it's worked better for me than any of the creams/wipes we spent so much money on lol
My lochia is still red. The flow got really light last week and I thought I was done bleeding - not that lucky of course - but it looks like regular period blood, dark red. Not brown yet.
I'm worried PJ isn't gaining his weight back like he's supposed to. He comfort nurses ALOT which has seemed to make my supply do weird things :/ I've been pumping about 1-2oz every 2-3 hours to add to what he's getting from the boob in hopes that'll help the gain. We go back to the doc Tuesday for his 2 week checkup when he's supposed to be back at his birth weight. And tomorrow for a follow up from his diaper rash - which he's had since a day or two after we came home from the hospital, poor little guy :( it's still not gone, but it's making progress with one of my Nanny's remedies...a Massengil vinegar douch diliuted. So I suppose they'll weigh him them. He was 7.1 when we left the hospital Mother's Day - 7.2 the following Tuesday and back down to 7.1 last Friday when we went for the diaper rash :/

Alice is 2 weeks tomorrow miss mummy moo. Hope it fades soon!

Powell in sure PJ is ok; Alice went from 7lbs at birth to 6lb 8oz on day 3 but had quickly made up for it. As for the nipples I've found the purified lanolin cream brilliant!

It's a bit annoying when baby wants to feed all the time; Alice cluster feeds and I think sometimes its comfort feeding too. She's currently just come off the boob after a few mins of feeding (and making out like she was starving) and fallen asleep. Getting lovely smiles tho :)

Anyone else have a baby that makes a loud noise in their nappy? We sure know and Alice doesn't half look smug when she does it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->