Due In May :)

Glad your doing well Jary ... I love your new avatar :cloud9:

Have you been to BFing group? I know a friend of mine was nervous about BFing in public and she built u built up the confidence going to the group.

We're doing well. Noah gave us his first ever none windy smiles this morning at 6 weeks and 3 days :cloud9: he is still such a happy content little baby :D We have our 6 week check up on Thursday and will be getting an appointment for his injections soon ... which I am NOT looking forward too :( x

Aww I can't wait till Alice gives us proper smiles! Glad you guys are doing well.

I've started going to nurture group on a Wednesday...it's to get LO weighed and other mums can chat etc. they reassure you it's fine to feed there should you need to. I didn't but if Alice gets hungry next time then ill give it a go.

How much does your little man weigh now? Alice was 8lbs at 2 weeks 5 days so I know for sure she's getting good milk! Lol

That sounds like the perfect way to start :)

Last time he was weighed was at 4+6 and he was 8lb 11oz. I'll be getting hun weighed on Thursday and I'm expecting almost 9 1/2lb if not more :) I try and Gerry him weighed weekly but I didn't go last week with it being the school holidays.

When will you be getting Alice weighed again? X

He's doing really well then!

Getting Alice weighed on Wednesday :) she's getting a double chin now lol, little chubster!

:lol: Noah has one too :haha: It's very cute!

Oh you'll have to post her weight! :D x

Hey ladies! Glad ur all well. Were good. On a bit of trial and error to sort Avas wind issues out. Started with dentinox and did nothing, then comfort milk and gaviscon, improved in some ways not in others, so then changed to avent variflow bottles and *touch wood* shes happier. She can go a long 6 hour stretch of sleep but shes doing it early in the evening so would loooove her to move it a bit later, 11-5 would be FAB lol

She got weighed last wednesday at 3 weeks 1 day and was 7.15....a pound gain in a week!!! Heres my little chubster :)

Attachments

• 20130603_201056.jpg
    20130603_201056.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3
Aww look at all her hair nearly!! She's like Noah he had lots :)

Sorry to hear she's been suffering with wind. We find the Dr Brown's bottles are a godsend for Noah. We usr infacol with it too :thumbup:

Sounds like she's putting on weight well. Noah is putting 10-12ozs a week on :) x

Aww she is gorgeous! Her hairs' lovely...Alice's gets so greasy really quickly lol. She's still got her hairy ears and hairy back! Tho I'm hoping that hair falls out soon lol

I think she may have an intolerance to something I'm eating as she has mucus in her poo. Will ask the breastfeeding lady at nurture group tomorrow. She did say last week that lots of poopy nappies for a breastfed baby is unusual :/ but Alice never seems distressed about it.

How's everyone's healing going? I'm still trying to get used to my post preg body. But at least I'm not sore or achey now. Finding that I don't feel as strong as before...like my muscles have lost some strength. Anyone else?

Missmummymoo i had problems with my second and tried evrrything so its like deja vu. But i didnt get on with the dr browns bottles. I think its a bit of silent reflux with Ava but hopefully were managing it!

Jary - Ava gets really greasy hair too lol. It goes alot darker. Well i had a section but im feeling pretty good. Im still a bit sore in my tummy and still some pain before going to the loo. But it feels good to be getting out walking. Started dieting yesterday as well!

I'd like to get out walking but there's no parks of nice walking paths near us. Just a very long main road lol.

I need to start a diet! This flabby belly ain't gonna shift itself! Once that goes ill feel a bit better about my stretch marks. They are so ugly :(

I've started the 30 day shred! It's brutal but hopefully I'll have good results. I still need to lose at least another stone though.

Noahs hair gets greasy too but I think it's also tree weather! X

Still 2 weeks til my 6 week appointment. Really hoping the dr gives me the ok to start working out. I've lost 25 of my 50 lb gain, but I know the first 25 was the easier part.
Dylan has loads of wind too. She can move it easily during the day, but screams terribly at night. From 9-11 solid and any other time she fully wakes to eat or be changed. Lack of sleep for me is so rough. :(
Jary- did you see this weeks game of thrones?! I'm shocked!

I lost 1 stone after Noah ... I've lost another 3lb through eating healthy and light exercise. I still need to lost another stone to be at pre pregnancy weight and another stone on top of that to be where I will be happy! Weight loss after pregnancy is so hard. Hope you get the all clear for the exercise Sass!

:hugs: for Dylan, colic is awful :( x

Jary - I read that some bf babies poop after every feed and its perfectly normal! It said what is normal for your baby is normal. It's when you have a baby that starts pooping much more or much less than he or she usually does is when you need to worry/ call the doctor.

I feel like my body will never go back to normal :( somehow I ended up with nerve damage a week after I gave birth. I randomly started with a lot of constant pain in my left leg, and weakness. I've taken a few minor falls - one of which was when I was holding Madelyn - which really scared me (we are both ok - I landed on my bum and she had no idea anything went wrong). I had to see a neurologist and I go back tomorrow for an MRI and EMG. Neurologist thinks I damaged two separate nerves but he can't figure out why it took a week after labor to show up, and why it would be present in the first place since I had a very quick (3 hour or so) unmedicated birth. So between that, sore breasts/nopples, sore crotch still, & severe constipation due to the painkillers im now on (sorry if TMI) - I just can't wait for my body to stop hurting!!!

*hugs* bella. Last thing you need is more pain! We've already done that part :p

It's scary when you fall with LO. I sat on a friends' garden chair and out of all of them it had to be the broken one! Fell right through and struggled to get out because I was holding Alice and the guys were busy fixing cars. Got two sore bruises on my back >.<

Sass I did watch GoT! Very brutal and very true to the book. Thought the acting in that scene was fantastic...they deserve awards!

Well, I'm off to nurture group...gonna see how much my little chubster weighs now :)

8lbs 10 oz :) it was a nice group...not many mums this week so had a nice chat with the health visitors and the couple of mums who showed up. Ended up being there over an hour!

So pleased this morning I pumped 3oz of milk in the morning! Got another oz later on so have a full bottle!

Update: had my MRI and EMG today and turns out I have a badly bulging disc in my lower back - dr said worst he's seen in a long time and he doesn't even know how I'm functioning and on my feet. I need surgery :( so now I'm worried about Madelyn - after all the struggles, I would be devastated if I something happened where I couldn't continue to breastfeed her :(

So sorry to hear bella. It would be disappointing if you couldn't continue breastfeeding but its important to get the disc fixed. Do you know when the surgery is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->