Due In May :)

Mines turned brown but smells like farts! I swear, I think LO has a poopy diaper, but no, it's me and my stinky pad. And I even bought the deodorized kind. Is this what it should be like?! I haven't worn a pad since 5th grade. I remember them being stinky though. Maybe a dumb question, but how often should I change it?
Dylan's been cluster feeding the last few hours too, and I'm just rolling with it even though our doctor wants her on a schedule. I'm hoping maybe t will help her sleep better tonight. Fx! She screamed last night from 3-5. It was a nightmare.
Oh and she farts and makes poop sounds like a big man. It's made me jump twice. Very startling.

I always read that the ones with fragrance are bad for you. I could be wrong tho. They gather sweat tho so that's probably why it's smelly

Fragrance is always a bad idea down there!! my bleeding totally stopped than like a day or so later came back with a vengeance dark and gross ugh. Asked the dr since I dont remember from having my son she said as long as it doesn't smell its totally normal.

Yeah I've hot the fragranced ones. I need new ones today so ill buy normal ones. Yeah the lochia isn't smelly just normal period smell. I'm gonna make a dr appointment because I've been getting son really bad rectal (sorry tmi) pain. It's like bad trapped wind but it hurts to pass wind or open my bowels. Just this morning I've got the pain all over my pelvic region and everything hurt to pass urine (not UTI pain). So I'll get it checked out because it sucks!

Alice wanted to cluster feed at about half 3 this morning. Not bad since she had last done it around half 11. So tiring for me tho. So because she wasn't settling she ended up co sleeping with us again :/

Hi everyone sorry for the no contact, it's hard work with two little ones!!

Yes still got red bleeding, sometimes it's more browny but others red. It's def lighter now though thankfully. I don't have fragranced ones just normal maternity pads, just smells of period blood. I change mine once something is on it which can be within an hour of wearing sometimes or within 3/4 hours as its slowing down a lot.

Had a sleep breakthrough last night, Henry slept 10.30-7.40 with only one wake up of an hour at 2.30-3.30. I'm sure that won't be repeated but it was lovely to get sleep!

Jary - I had the pain you are describing first time round and a bit this time. It really hurts. I think it related to wind and just the muscles being strained from labour. It didn't last too long last time but it was weeks rather than days. Hopefully it will go soon :)

Thanks Hann! It's a really awful pain and yes it does feel muscular. If its normal then I'll see how it goes. It only really started yesterday.

Wow that's a good sleep! Wish Alice would do that but in her basket!

This was in his basket amazingly!

My pain is getting worse this morning Jary - it's worse when I pass gas too. As if we didn't need anything else to worry about ;)

Craziness here trying to juggle my three. My toddler has had a diarrhea bug for one week now so i am constantly changing nappies. Ava is doing great, she is past her birth weight now at 6.15. And ive been discharged from the hospital care as my abcess has almost gone.

Avas on bottle but is doing well, feeds more frequently in the day time. Then has longer spells of 4.5-5 hours on a night. Last night it was 6.30-10-2.30-4.30...but when she has that last feed she doesnt seem to settle its like shes crippled with wind, but she gets loads up so im not really sure what the issue is.

Im also having the 'trapped wind' type pain, i get bad pain when i go to the toilet as well, i have been putting it down to an IBS flare up

Also - re:smelly lochia, defo get it checked. With my second my bleeding went on for 9 weeks and turned smelly...only way i can describe it is like a rotting smell SORRY!!! but it turned out to be endometritis which only came out after i passed a large amount of uterine lining

Yeah it's like the soreness is wearing off only to be replaced by the bum pain! It even hurts when I sit down sometimes!

I think my lochia is slowing down. Went to the loo earlier and not as much there.

Hi yummy mummies!

Wow! I'd forgotten how much work a newborn is! Throw in a busy 12-year-old, a 6-year-old and end of the school year festivities and I'm just exhausted. DH and I have our mornings down to a science now though. Annabel usually wakes me for a feed around 5:30-6 then falls back asleep so I sleep with her while DH wakes DS and DD, they get dressed, he fixes them breakfast and makes lunches then takes them to school. All of this gives me an extra two hours of sleep then Annabel wakes up for another feeding around 8:30. I swear... I have never loved my husband more. He's been such a great help!

As for sleep, Annabel usually wakes every 3 to 3 1/2 hours to eat even at night. A couple of times she's gone 4 hours, but not very often. My doctor wants her on a schedule as well, but I'm still feeding on demand. She's been gaining weight nicely and she started off so tiny that I want her weight gain to continue. She was 5.12 at birth, 5.3 on day 3, 5.6 on day 5, 6.2 at 2 weeks then 6.11 at 2 weeks 5 days. So she's up a pound from birth weight! Yay booby milk! I did supplement her with formula from day 3 until 2 weeks because her jaundice was so bad. She wanted to cluster feed 2 nights ago from midnight to 3 which was by far our worst night. She's usually very considerate and falls asleep on the boob.

Regarding lochia, Annabel turned 3 weeks on Wednesday and mine stopped then as well. I may get a couple of brown spots here and there but I don't even wear a panty liner anymore. It went from bright red which was thick and had dark red clots to a lighter red which was more fluid-y to a brown for a few days before stopping altogether. I know it can start and stop though so I'm wondering if it'll start up again. Oh, it smelled like a normal period and I changed my pad every time I went to the bathroom. I have my postpartum check up on Tuesday so hopefully everything is returning back to normal and I get cleared to start working out again! My best friend is getting married at the end of August and I have a matron of honor (Ugh... I'm a matron) dress to get into!

Sounds like annabel is doing fab cgav! It is so hard when they cluster feed...I never know what to do in the middle of the night when Alice acts like she's a drug addict (her drug being milk)

Went to the loo earlier and I honestly think I'd rather have a contraction again than what I felt :( stupid achey body.

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Rachel is a great baby and I can't stand to be away from her even for a half an hour. She sleeps well at night most of the time (we feed every 3-4 hours at night and every 2-3 hours during the day), although last night she wanted to cluster feed until midnight, so I didn't sleep so well.

She'll be 3 weeks old on Sunday and my bleeding has almost stopped. I hope to start swimming again soon, but it's hard since I'm feeding on demand. I'll have to time it really well.

She was born at 5 lbs 15 oz and is now over 7 pounds, so I must be on the right track with breastfeeding. Does anyone else have the problem where the baby pees and poos and the diaper won't hold it in very well?

Noah isn't BF but we have had problem's with nappys. On a night we now put him in the next size up nappys and aim to change him at least every 2 hours in the day (or once he's pooped!)

Sounds like everyone is doing so well! :)

Math I'm hoping to start swimming again soon, it's the only exercise I can do that should be ok for my pelvis x

We don't have any issues with nappies apart from once when it escaped and poop got all over her blanket. It's a good thing we don't have problems with the because when she poops she really poops!

I'm hoping to do some exercising...don't know what sort as I'm rubbish at any sort of sport lol. I do need to find something tho because I'd like by body toned up and I want to get the implant fitted ASAP and last time I gained weight with it (tho i started gaining once I got my car and I got lazy) Alice is 3 weeks next Friday so from then I can have it in so I'll try get an appointment made on Tuesday :)

My lochia went from bright red to brown to yellow (which I read is normal) and now it's actually back to reddish brown. Does have a slightly icky smell to it, not quite like period blood, but I have been back to the dr to check for infection due to an excessive amount of pain down there (i had hematoma after birth - didn't know if it was related to that or an infection) and was told no infection. Personally I just think lochia smells terrible! As for changing the pad, I change it everytime I use the bathroom.

I prob just need to change my pad more often. Ive goe from red to brown and back to red, but its so light anymore. hoping it goes away soon. still dealing with hemmeroids though so I'm almost bleeding as much from the back as the front. :(
Know what occurred to me yesterday?
It's so wild how much less I pee now! I feel like its so rare. And I'm still drinking tons of water, but rarely peeing. Love it! Is everyone else like this too?
Bummed I'm no where near being able to excersize since I had a c section. Just stopped ain meds a day or two ago, but I can't walk or do stairs very much. I cant wait to get back to Normal!

This might sound daft but has anyone had any clitoral pain? Every now and then mine damn well hurts! It's like someone has given it a swift kick!

Anywho, Alice was feeding from midnight to 2am last night and slept for only 3 hours so I'm so so so tired and she's wide awake this morning! Even when she was settling last night in her basket she's so noisy...constantly making squeaky and grunty noises. She did fill her nappy very audibly when I picked her up and kept farting away! Wondered if she was making the noises to get rid of wind. She normally squeaks loads anyway. Picking her up sounds like an old creaky door xD

Jary - YES!!! Did you have a catheter?? I was wondering if that's why... Despite an unmediated birth, I ended up needing a trip to the OR for hematoma after birth, hence the catheter... Been wondering myself about the clitoral pain!!

No I didn't! Which is why I wondered why I'm getting the damn pain since that's at the top and away from most of the 'drama'. Maybe the nerves got a bit stretched??

It sucks doesn't it? Kinda has a heavy feel to it too. Gah! Yet another ailment to add to our post pregnancy bodies!

Hey ladies! Hope everything is going well with LO's and everyone is healing nicely :)

We are doing ok but breastfeeding is still hard as I can't see myself doing it in public. Just got an implant fitted today to make sure no more babies for a while!

Thinking of you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->