Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Second tri does start at week 13, which means when you are over 12 weeks---you go into your 13th week get it, girls??? Sasha explained it best above.

Make sure whatever prenatal vitamin you are taking (or will be taking) has DHA in it. I take my vitamins in the evening and that helps me not have a upset stomach as i used to take them in the am on a empty belly. I receive mine free from my local super market and not sure what they are called but my Dr. prescribed them for me.

Thank you all for your replies! I take the prenatals after I eat a bowl of cereal before bed. The ones I take now are prescription but when i called the nurse said it's no different than the OTC ones which doesn't make any sense to me. I'll talk to the Dr more about it Thursday and see if he can explain. If they are the same what's the point in paying for an Rx instead?

Anyone else feel hungry all the time! I can only tolerate small meals or snacks then 30 mins later I'm absolutely starving again. Like tummy grumbling hungry, not just in my head. I don't have cravings and nothing really sounds good. I just make myself eat something and try to keep it healthy. I'm not used to eating so much its quit annoying!!:dohh:

Thank you all for your replies! I take the prenatals after I eat a bowl of cereal before bed. The ones I take now are prescription but when i called the nurse said it's no different than the OTC ones which doesn't make any sense to me. I'll talk to the Dr more about it Thursday and see if he can explain. If they are the same what's the point in paying for an Rx instead?

Oh and another thing I should add about the prenatals that I take is that they do have DHA and its all in one capsule so you don't have to take 2 different vitamins. I love this Bc I absolutely despise swallowing pills so the fact that everything is in one makes my life easier lol!

Anyone else feel hungry all the time! I can only tolerate small meals or snacks then 30 mins later I'm absolutely starving again. Like tummy grumbling hungry, not just in my head. I don't have cravings and nothing really sounds good. I just make myself eat something and try to keep it healthy. I'm not used to eating so much its quit annoying!!:dohh:

Omg yes! I'm always STARVING! And its funny that you said it was "annoying" Bc I just said that to my husband the other day. To be that hungry all of the time IS really annoying. Especially when you don't want anything in the house at that time. Lol

Doesn't the 2nd trimester start in week 13? I'm so confused. So ready to be out of the 1st trimester!

It's different everywhere. It still confuses me alot. I'm not even 100% sure what they class it here because everyone thinks something different. I go off as 12 + 1 is the start of 2nd trimester.

Glad to hear you ladies are doing good! I gave an appointment tomorrow. They are doing the NT scan. Nervous and hoping everything is good with baby!

Hope everything goes really well for you!

yes in the last 2 days. Before then I had no appetite. But the last 2 days I have been soooooooooooo hungry, only my mind is too big for my stomach and I can only eat small meals at a time.

It's different everywhere. It still confuses me alot. I'm not even 100% sure what they class it here because everyone thinks something different.

Exactly. thebump.com says the beginning of week 14. what to expect also says the beginning of week 14, as does Parenting magazine so I am going to assume I'm still in the 1st trimester until at least then. That would explain why I still feel crappy!

As for hunger, I'm either nauseous, have heartburn, or feeling ravenous. My stomach is in overdrive all the time.

Yeah every app I have gives different times for second trimester. Really is confusing.

My scan went well and couldn't be more happy. Baby was moving and heart rate was great. So relieved! Thanks everyone!

Yeah every app I have gives different times for second trimester. Really is confusing.

My scan went well and couldn't be more happy. Baby was moving and heart rate was great. So relieved! Thanks everyone!

Great News! :happydance:

Glad to hear this!

That's fantastic Nikkie. :)

I vaguely remember a lot of women talking about having a lot of dreams whilst pregnant my first time. Has anyone been getting this?

I have non-stop been waking up during the night from some of the most realistic and strange dreams I have ever had.

My son just started STTN, so I was really hoping I would be getting some great sleep, but then all these dreams started happening.

That's fantastic Nikkie. :)

I vaguely remember a lot of women talking about having a lot of dreams whilst pregnant my first time. Has anyone been getting this?

I have non-stop been waking up during the night from some of the most realistic and strange dreams I have ever had.

My son just started STTN, so I was really hoping I would be getting some great sleep, but then all these dreams started happening.

Cammy - i have weired dreams as well and wake up from them in the middle of the night but oddly enough, i never quite remember what they are about.

I've been having very vivid dreams also. Sometimes when I wake up it takes me a minute to remember if it actually happened or not they are so real. Except for the naughty one about george cloony, not real but nice just the same lol.

Hi ladies, sorry I have not been arou d for a while. Got very anxious and there were a lot of negative posts around not in this thread but on the first trimester forum and needed to take some time out for my own piece of mind.

Had scan yesterday - dated at 13 weeks and one day yesterday so EDD now 18th September.
Baby healthy -heartbeat 161bpm
Somersaulting like a gymnast so was in scan for 30mins!
Low risk for downs.
Have announced now and feeling much more at ease...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->