Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

adopim be sure to let us know how it goes. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you've made some progress this time! why did they induce you at 38 weeks last time?

litebright I'm with you, hoping for just a couple more weeks! Have they started talking to you about options if she doesn't turn?

Sasha how have u been feeling? I vomited again last night! Had some cramping and was just exhausted today so I stayed home from work. I did read that sometimes vomiting is a sign that labor is near.

I'm feeling better. My head ache went away and I'm not nauseated anymore. I went to the dr on Wednesday and my cervix is still closed and thick. She did say she's pretty sure I'm having PSD which hurts like a bi#%h! I had the Strep B test too. 2 more dr appts until baby is here!

Glad you're feeling better! PSD does sound very painful from what I've read, sorry you're having to deal with that :hugs: I had my strep b test too, on Tues haven't herd anything so not sure if that means it came back negative or if they would just wait to tell me the results till wed (my next apt) anyways since its really not an urgent matter if you do test positive. :shrug: you ONLY have 2 more dr appointments!! AHH I know you must be super EXCITED! :happydance:

Yes I'm super excited but still so nervous! I hope your continuing to do well :) I can't wait until we can start posting pics of our babies on here! These pregnancies went so fast. :)

I'm feeling better. My head ache went away and I'm not nauseated anymore. I went to the dr on Wednesday and my cervix is still closed and thick. She did say she's pretty sure I'm having PSD which hurts like a bi#%h! I had the Strep B test too. 2 more dr appts until baby is here!

Omg I thought you said only two more days until baby is here! I was like what?! How did I miss that? Lol although two Dr appointments will go by fast I'm sure. How exciting :)

adopim be sure to let us know how it goes. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you've made some progress this time! why did they induce you at 38 weeks last time?

litebright I'm with you, hoping for just a couple more weeks! Have they started talking to you about options if she doesn't turn?

Sasha how have u been feeling? I vomited again last night! Had some cramping and was just exhausted today so I stayed home from work. I did read that sometimes vomiting is a sign that labor is near.

My blood pressure was high and my fluid was low. I was having weekly ultrasounds to monitor the fluid and they found that she wasn't growing as much as she should have been. It was all borderline. My dr decided that she would be better out than in so I was induced.
I am also having ultrasounds before every appointment this time, but that is purely because of my history. My blood pressure is slowly rising, but not even close to high like last time and my fluid looks good so far. We'll see how all that looks on Tuesday too!

That's right I remember you saying you had low fluid last time. Glad everything is looking good so far!

Anyone else's hands/fingers killing them?? The last week or so has been torture! I wake up and can barely make a fist and all throughout the day they are hurting so badly. And they are swollen too. My feet and ankles are good but my hands are taking a beating. Lol!

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok!

Sasha, my hands have been like the for about a month now. They are worse first thing but never feel 'normal'. I took my rings off on a friend's advice a while but and I'm glad I did because I have sausages for fingers now.

Not long to go now ladies!! This has gone way to fast. I'm looking forwards to meeting our little girl but I've enjoyed pregnancy so much more than I expected to. My DH had to go away to work and is due home in 11 days.....I really hope he's back before she decides its time to make an appearence.

Sasha mine have been that way since third tri started. Its like my knuckles hurt to even bend my fingers.

Dime I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that she waits to come till DH is home!

So past couple mornings I wake up with menstrual like cramps and dull back ache but it doesn't last long. Anyone else have this or know what it could be?

I also get light menstrual like cramping early I'm the a.m too. No back ache though and it goes away fairly quickly. Maybe it's just the baby shifting downwards and getting ready :)

I wake up most nights with stomach pain but honestly.....I think mine is just trapped wind :blush:

I'm getting Braxton hicks, where my bump tightens, but nothing I could imagine being associated with a 'real contraction'. Hard to imagine that I'm as close as I am to my EDD.

So for most of my pregnancy I was getting dried yellow looking stuff on the tips of my nipples. I figured it was colostrum and when I told my dr about it she said that was most likely it too. But for the last month or so it's slowed down a lot. I never actually saw a fluid leaking out, just the color yellow on my nips when I went to shower. I'm nervous now that I'm not producing colostrum and since I'm having a cesarean in a couple weeks I'm afraid I won't be able to breast feed. :-( Anyone know anything about breast feeding and lack of colostrum with a cesarean?

All I can say is that I've never leaked anything but the midwife did a check the other day to make sure i was producing, by lightly squeezing the nipples and colostrum came out. Try it and you'll probably find its fine.

A friend just had a c-section and she's breast feeding just fine.

All I can say is that I've never leaked anything but the midwife did a check the other day to make sure i was producing, by lightly squeezing the nipples and colostrum came out. Try it and you'll probably find its fine.

A friend just had a c-section and she's breast feeding just fine.

Oh good! I'll give that a try. :)

Sasha I haven't leaked at all. I think is more common to not leak vs leak. And TONS of women who have C-sections still breastfeed successfully.

Nipple stimulation is not recommended because it can induce labor, causing uterine contractions. So I'm not sure if I would advice to try and squeeze some out? Maybe just ask your OB if you are really concerned but I'm sure your fine.:thumbup:

I also get some mild cramping in the morning and an achy back. I think my back is just stiff though as it sorts itself out after I'm up for a few minutes.

I have not leaked at all this time around. With my first, leaking started early (like 28 weeks) and I had to wear nursing pads the rest of my pregnancy with her. This time nothing. I can coax out a bit of fluid, so I'm not too worried.
As far as nipple stimulation, I would never advise it. However, I believe to induce labor the nipples need to be stimulated for long periods of time (I've heard lots of women using their breast pumps for this). Sorry for the TMI, but my DH and I still have quite a bit of sex (usually 5-6 times per week) and he always plays with mine. Unless you're body is completely ready for labor the uterine contractions from nipple stimulation (for a relatively short time) as well as orgasms will usually not actually propel you into labor. This is just based on what I have been told by my doctor and my own experience. Your experience may differ, so always make sure to consult your doctor first.

So had midwife apt today and she asked how baby's been moving I said he's not as active past couple days as he was. So she sent me for a "stress test" baby is doing great and while hooked up I had a big long contraction. Nurse was shocked at how long it was. It was one I actually felt too. I guess those menstrual like cramps and back ache that I feel that last for a min or so are contractions, midwife said. But she said that's good, I'm far enough along that they aren't worried about it.

I was kind of hoping they would check me again because last week I was finger tip dilated, short, soft cervix I was curious to what it was now. But she didn't check :shrug:

How's everyone else's appointments going this week?

Okkkkk well the news here is that I am going into hospital tomorrow to be induced!!!!! OMG. I have a mild case of cholestasis (which I only self diagnosed thanks to Baby & Bump!)....spent two nights itching like crazy & finally bit the bullet and went in to the midwife. Anyway to cut a long story short, they have advised me, since I am over 37 weeks, to be induced to avoid any complications.

DH is getting on a flight and will hopefully make it here. I think he will get here as they said that inductions take time. If not, my sister is with me....
This has all happened wayyyyyyyyy too fast, I feel totally unprepared all of a sudden. I just realised we'd never tried fitting the car seat before...I've done it now but I wish I hadn't put off these silly little things.

Take care all and I will update you all soon!

Okkkkk well the news here is that I am going into hospital tomorrow to be induced!!!!! OMG. I have a mild case of cholestasis (which I only self diagnosed thanks to Baby & Bump!)....spent two nights itching like crazy & finally bit the bullet and went in to the midwife. Anyway to cut a long story short, they have advised me, since I am over 37 weeks, to be induced to avoid any complications.

DH is getting on a flight and will hopefully make it here. I think he will get here as they said that inductions take time. If not, my sister is with me....
This has all happened wayyyyyyyyy too fast, I feel totally unprepared all of a sudden. I just realised we'd never tried fitting the car seat before...I've done it now but I wish I hadn't put off these silly little things.

OMG how exciting! Good luck! Keep us all posted! :)

Hope everything goes well tomorrow!!!! GOOD LUCK! :hugs::hugs:

Thanks everyone, I'll try and update. It's 3am my time, I'm awake due to this awful itching. It's like I've been attacked by a million Mosquitos. I really need to get back to sleep!

Hi ladies! Any of you feel like your belly growth has taken kind of a hault? I feel like my belly hasn't grown much since my shower 4 weeks ago :-/ He is still crazy active though. Don't know if I should worry. I'm going to the dr tomorrow so I can ask then too but wanted to see how all of your bellies were doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->