• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due in Sept 2013 looking for bump buddies

Sorry I havent been on in awhile ladies! I hope you are all feeling great with your little beans! I had an ultrasound yesterday and it really worried me. Baby is doing great, strong hb, good growth, but he is completely transverse with his feet by his face! I am not planning on a c-section but know that if he doesnt turn it will be inevitable! My doc told me last week that he was head down so i know i shouldn't worry too much right now. There is still plenty of time for him to turn! And they also said hia weight is measuring at 5 lbs. Some encouragement would be greatly appreciated! Do you have any similar experiences??

https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/all-positions/sideways

This link has some tips to get baby to turn. But you still have time. If I understand correctly last week he was head down and now he is transverse? Maybe he felt like he didn't have enough room so moved? Try opening that pelvic area...do some squats, sit in the tailed sitting position, lunges. And if he doesn't turn by like 36 weeks or if your very concerned about it now look into a chiropractor who practices the Webster method. Baby could very well turn back on his own again too, can you feel where is positioned? Like would you be about to tell if he flipped back to head down?

How is everyone sleeping? I seem to wake up every hour is very annoying! And been getting the worse ligament pain just in my right hip area. My fingers are very achey again too! They have been a constant ache but today they are pretty bad again and even my feet hurt too. I literally drink at lest 3 liters of water a day not sure how I could possible drink any more and that's not including the fruit and milk I also have everyday.

Another thing is anyone else's stomach rock hard all the time? Its like stretched to the max! My midwife and the ultrasound tech both commented on how hard it was. Its not just from BH which I get often but all the time its hard. :shrug:

Sasha waiting for those pics :coffee:

Hey sorry about not posting the pic yet lol! I haven't been feeling great since last night and went to bed early.

As for the whole getting up at night thing, I feel ya! I'm up sometimes 5x to pee and my hips are killing me!!! I can't get comfortable at all. :-( I haven't had the constant rock hard belly though just the occasional Braxton hicks. Maybe the baby is big?

How is everyone sleeping? I seem to wake up every hour is very annoying! And been getting the worse ligament pain just in my right hip area. My fingers are very achey again too! They have been a constant ache but today they are pretty bad again and even my feet hurt too. I literally drink at lest 3 liters of water a day not sure how I could possible drink any more and that's not including the fruit and milk I also have everyday.

Another thing is anyone else's stomach rock hard all the time? Its like stretched to the max! My midwife and the ultrasound tech both commented on how hard it was. Its not just from BH which I get often but all the time its hard. :shrug:

Sasha waiting for those pics :coffee:

I'm getting up at least 3x's a night to pee so i feel like i'm not getting much sleep either. Also, my stomach is also very hard and i always feel like it can't possibly stretch anymore!

Had something kind of scary happen today. After a bowel movement I wiped and I had some light pink spotting and it was def from my vag not bottom area. I called my midwife and she advised me to drink two big glasses of water. So I left work and did just that and took a nap. The spotting has stopped but every once in awhile I feel like a sharp pain down there and feel achey. I just think her response of just having me go drink some water was kind of odd for spotting this late in my pregnancy? Just glad baby has been staying active so lest I'm not too worried.

Had something kind of scary happen today. After a bowel movement I wiped and I had some light pink spotting and it was def from my vag not bottom area. I called my midwife and she advised me to drink two big glasses of water. So I left work and did just that and took a nap. The spotting has stopped but every once in awhile I feel like a sharp pain down there and feel achey. I just think her response of just having me go drink some water was kind of odd for spotting this late in my pregnancy? Just glad baby has been staying active so lest I'm not too worried.

That does sound scary.....glad to hear the baby is still active and sounds like you got some rest. Keep us posted. I'm sure your midwife knows what she's talking about but i would be concerned just as you if that was the answer i received.

Any more bleeding since then? I'm sure your midwife knows best and if she isn't worried then you shouldn't stress.

I saw my midwife today and she said the baby was a "floater" and definitely not engaged yet. She told me about the spinning babies websites too, so now I will start doing exercises to get him head down by next visit in 2 weeks.

Here are some 3D pics from our session at 30 weeks. :)

Attachments

• HAYS D_3.jpg
    HAYS D_3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HAYS D_15.jpg
    HAYS D_15.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
odeipamass

no more spotting so not sure what that was all about? :shrug: But I'm just glad it stopped! I think I will take a break from my daily one mile walks for a bit just to be on the safe side. I didn't walk yesterday and I won't today either.

So your lo is a floater uh lol that's cute. Does that mean the baby hasn't picked a position just kind of floating around in diff. positions?

Sasha cute pics he looks like he is smiling in one!!!

odeipamass

no more spotting so not sure what that was all about? :shrug: But I'm just glad it stopped! I think I will take a break from my daily one mile walks for a bit just to be on the safe side. I didn't walk yesterday and I won't today either.

So your lo is a floater uh lol that's cute. Does that mean the baby hasn't picked a position just kind of floating around in diff. positions?

Sasha cute pics he looks like he is smiling in one!!!

He was smiling in that one lol! We have a few of him smiling. At one point he stuck his tongue out in the amniotic fluid and smiled immediately after like he enjoyed the taste of what I ate. We have it all on video. It was adorable!

How was everyone's weekend?

I had my shower on Saturday and we got a TON of stuff we are very grateful for it all. The only bummer with the shower was I had three of my really close friends not show up. They each had some kind of excuse but it was still disappointing that they last min couldn't make it. We just have a few things we still need to get for baby but nothing major. We still need to get our hospital bag all ready but overall I'm feeling pretty prepared.

I'm sooo tired though all the time! I wish I could go home and take a nap right now, but I'm stuck at work...Speaking of work when are you ladies taking leave? Are you going to work up till the day you go? The plan is for me to work up until the day I go because I just have a desk job and literally five mins away from the hospital.

I had my shower on Saturday and we got a TON of stuff we are very grateful for it all. The only bummer with the shower was I had three of my really close friends not show up. They each had some kind of excuse but it was still disappointing that they last min couldn't make it. We just have a few things we still need to get for baby but nothing major. We still need to get our hospital bag all ready but overall I'm feeling pretty prepared.

I'm sooo tired though all the time! I wish I could go home and take a nap right now, but I'm stuck at work...Speaking of work when are you ladies taking leave? Are you going to work up till the day you go? The plan is for me to work up until the day I go because I just have a desk job and literally five mins away from the hospital.

I know how u feel about your friends not showing at your shower. I had 3 make an excuse the day of too. It was disappointing for sure. I still have to pack my hospital bag too. I'm procrastinating lol!

I'm taking leave starting September 10th and my c section is on the 12th. I can't wait to have off! Work is getting to me. My crotch bones feel like there are going to break apart! And my hips are killing me. I hope I'm not getting pubic symphysis dysfunction. :-/ I just want to sleep all day lol!

I work from home so I will work right up until the day too.....my work isn't particually taxing & I can get the odd lay in so it's all good.

I am just back from our last holiday as a couple! I really chilled out, slept during the afternoons, ate too much ice cream....the midwife is going to kill me but I don't care. She can do one. I did swim and snorkel so I got some exercise in but I am not going to lie, I wasn't going Michael Phelps style......it was just 'fat girl bobbing' really.

I have got to pack a hospital bag too. We are going to the shops tomorrow to buy the last bits we need. We are fairly organised but I have been putting off buying nappies/ wet wipes, breast pads and things that are generally not fun to buy but we can't put it off anymore!

I opted out of a baby shower in the end for several reasons, mostly time & money & lack of being bothered to organise anything. My sister did offer to do it but I know I would have still had to play an important role in the organisation and I just wasn't up for it.
I hope you all had great baby showers though and got everything you needed.

I can't believe your 3 close friends didn't show up! I would be upset - that is very rude especially if they already rsvp'd. Did they at least send you a gift? If i get invited to a shower and can't make it I still send one. People did that for me too.
On a another note, I am so glad you go a lot of stuff at your shower! How exciting!
I am also tired all the time and hate being here at work. I work infront of a computer (very boring) all day so i'm miserable. Not sure when my last day will be. I may just work right up until i go into labor - we'll see!

Sasha I really hope you're not getting PSD too, that sounds terrible :(

Dime I was not good this past week myself... I go to the midwife this evening I really hope I didn't gain too much weight! I also have been putting off buying those type of things. Like stuff for breast feeding, have my pump but like nipple cream and pads.

Elephant yeah I was pretty upset about it. And one that didn't show is who I scheduled the shower around! Picked a date that I knew she could make it too. We had almost 50 ppl RSP and there was prob round 30 that actually showed up. And two ppl who made a big deal about not being invited so I invited them didn't even show?! Which is the reason I didn't invite them in the first place, figured they wouldn't come. UGH but oh well grateful for the people that did come. I'm not sure if they will send gifts or not I guess I'll see if I get some in the next few days.

I also work at a computer screen all day soooo very boring!!! It is miserable and I hate being here too!!](*,)

I keep wishing I could take some time off before hand but I don't think it is covered since it isn't medically necessary... But its necessary for my mental health! :) I am getting to that point where I am just tired of being pregnant. I mean literally, the entire year of 2013, we have been pregnant. That is a long time! I just want to stop sleeping horribly because of how uncomfortable I am, constant aches / pains, irritability, just total exhaustion! I just want to meet this little guy already! :D But I know he needs to cook a little longer...

Stay strong! We are on the home stretch ladies!

I keep wishing I could take some time off before hand but I don't think it is covered since it isn't medically necessary... But its necessary for my mental health! :) I am getting to that point where I am just tired of being pregnant. I mean literally, the entire year of 2013, we have been pregnant. That is a long time! I just want to stop sleeping horribly because of how uncomfortable I am, constant aches / pains, irritability, just total exhaustion! I just want to meet this little guy already! :D But I know he needs to cook a little longer...

Is your maternity leave covered? I have to use up all my PTO and sick days then I can apply for short term disability. But I've already used a lot of my PTO this year don't have much left and I hear short term dis. isn't much and won't cover the entire time you're off. So basically a lot of my maternity leave will be unpaid time off. :growlmad:

I had my midwife apt yesterday. Baby is still head down and hb sounds great. Last apt I went three weeks with no weight gain and this time two weeks and gained 5 pounds!! :dohh: She didn't say anything to me about my weight gain though... She wants to start seeing me every week now. Isn't that a little soon to start going every week? I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. I go again next week and she is testing for the group strep B thing.

I hear ya! I can't wait to meet my little gal and I'm ready to just not be pregnant anymore ;-)

Some Dr.'s do write a script to allow you a few days/week off before your due date....maybe yours will!

Hey ladies, sorry with the move and being sick I couldn't really get any BnB time in.

I am feeling very very very very very pregnant right now :O
I have pretty much everything except for swelling, but I'm sure that will hit me soon too.

Had my first weekly appointment today and Baby boy is no longer transverse but he's also still very high and free. He is measuring average too :D
Next week is a big appointment, bloods, tests, talking about VBAC labour/birth and my options. Got to go through our plan and discuss what sorts of induction we are allowed if we need it. Also going to be talking about the chances of a repeat c-section and possibly booking one as a back up for around 40/41 weeks.

They are going to start giving me a stretch and sweep at every appointment after this next one so that we can have a better chance at achieving our VBAC.

I am soooo ready not to be pregnant but at the same time I am not prepared to be a mum of 2 just yet, so I am glad to have the time.

How is everyone else going?

Who's due date is next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back