• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Due June 2011, bump buddies reconnect

Oooh that'll be interesting to see if it happens as she was told. I often visit psychic mediums but not one has ever got the gender right. I seen one when I was very newly pregnant with Evie that knew I was pregnant (before I'd tested!) and one before getting pregnant this time that told me I'd be pregnant within 3 months. Got my BFP 6 weeks later :D but I've been told on 6 separate occasions throughout both pregnancies that I'm having boys :haha:

Hello ladies, been a while :)

Had my Anti-D injection today, felt a bit woozy afterwards, but nothing drastic. Hoping baby doesn't have rhesus positive blood or I'll have another one when he's born!

Hope you are all doing ok? xx

So I'm back from my holiday (Tenerife) and have just been catching up. Summer have you got your results yet? Hopefully they'll come back fine and as for the your baby coming in May - how exciting, I wonder if it will come true?

Oooh Miss BB I've got my anti-d booked for next week but I have already had one at the hospital due to a little bleed a few weeks back. I was expecting the worse then 'cos a friend of mine had had one and hadn't had a pleasant experience with it. Luckily I was fine but like near enough everything one persons experience is totally different to another.

Well, I'm feeling very much satisfied from my holiday. All very relaxed and healthy because I actually got a little colour what with the lovely sun. AND my lovely DH booked us for a couples massage while we were there. He had a sweedish massage and I had a prenatal one, which was amazing!

Glad everyone's keeping well - not long to go now x

Long time no see guys - I've been getting over the worst cold/flu combo for the past couple of weeks now - it's just been miserable! Hoping this week I will show some real improvement and can lose this horrible cough.

Everything else is going along just fine - getting prepared for my baby shower on the 30th - very exciting!

We also do our hospital tour this Wednesday night, and have childbirth classes on Friday and Saturday this week. It's going to be a busy week, I can already tell I'm going to be tired!

OMG Jenna I can't believe you get to have your tour and classes this week. I've got my next mw appt on Thursday and am gonna see if I can jump in on a tour of the birthing pools sooner rather than later. I've been told that they can be arranged by our antenatal class but as that's not until 14 May (4 weeks before edd) I'm hoping to getting a glimpse a little earlier.

Is everyone doing a birthing plan? I'm hoping to do a birthing pool (hence why I'd like a tour) and our local hospital has had an upgrade of about 3 birthing pools. I completely understand though that these things don't always go "to plan" so when LO wants to put in an appearance the so called plan may go out the window.

We aren't doing a birth plan - but each room in the hospital has a whirlpool tub in it (private) so I will be using that during labor until I am ready (or not ready) for pain management stuff.

My birth plan is to really just go with the flow and just take each issue as it comes to me. I have a lot of trust in my doctor and nurses, and plan to really rely on their years of experience to guide me.

I'm sure I will also learn a lot more at the tour and classes this week - just hoping it's not *too much*, you know?

Good morning. How is everyone?

I am still in New York on vacation. I fly home tomorrow. This vacation went fast but it was so great to see everyone and my shower was amazing! I got allot of stuff...but not many people stuck to my registry, which was okay but kind of a waste of time doing it.

Well Friday I go for my 4D scan! Can't wait to see the little man, I haven't seen him since 20 weeks. And 2 weeks from tomorrow I Start my 6 weeks lamazze classes.

My birth plan is to just go with the flow.I plan to be in the jacuzze tub throughout my contractions and get out and onto to the bed when it is time to push. I really do not want an epideral, I will deal with the pain.But, if there are any complications I will deal with them as they come about.

Can you believe we are all under or approaching 10 weeks or less to go until we meet our angels!!!

Summer hope you have a safe trip home. I bet your've got loads of baby things now... Just wait until it's all unpacked and put in there places. I love looking in our nursery and just opening drawers to look at the baby stuff. In fact, I probably do this on nearly an every day occurance :blush:.

I'm off in a bit for my 30wk mw appt. I've got to have my anti-d today and I have my list of questions to run over with her (ie birthing pools and can I get a tour).

It's a lovely day so after the appt I'm hoping to enjoy the sunshine. Hope everyone else has a nice day. BTW, is anybody on maternity leave yet or soon about to?

Me and my husband did the hospital tour last night with 2 other couples - both of the others looked like they were going to pop any second! We must be extra prepared or something haha.

I'm telling you girls, the hospital tour makes things REALLY TERRIBLY REAL! I'm pleased with the experience, but man oh man, you can actually imagine yourself in those rooms, in those tubs, and wow - it gets your nerves going.

I have my 30 + 3 appointment tomorrow with my OB - just the regular mundane appointment - so no worries. Then birthing class starts tomorrow night!

Have a good weekend guys - and good luck Brit and your next appointment!

Went to Doctor appointment today, everything went great. Little man is weighing in at 3.7 pounds and doing great. Im doing great as well, I have lost 3 pounds though :thumbup: I was surprised that I did in 2 weeks, so I have now gained 21 pounds! :happydance::happydance:

Below is a picture of our 4D scan of our litlle guy! Enjoy! I love him so much!

IMAG0143.jpg

Have a great weekend ladies!

Hello ladies :) sorry havent been on in a while!!

how is everyone?? oooh im getting well excited now!! it seems like yday we were in 1st tri introducing ourselves && now our month is 2 months away :D:D:D:D:D:D

sooo is everyone nearly ready for the LO to arrive?? I still need a moses basket (should be ere by tues) a cot (my aunts gna give me) some 0-3 clothes (me & mum are going shopping today soo no doubt ill get some ;)) steriliser (i want to breast feeed but jus incase LO doesnt take) and plenty of nappies!! my mum brought my pushchair travel system thing :)

had my anti d injection - wow does that lil f*cker sting :haha: had it in ma butt thank god :)

summmer - aww your lil man is well cute!! gosh look how clear u can see his face & features :D

xxxxx

Summer that's a cracking 4d scan :thumbup:, really clear. I can't wait to see our LO again but not gonna do the 4d scan for fear he/she will show us what they're hiding :haha:.

Char I had to have my anti-d on Thursday - not in my butt though but in my upper arm. Did sting a bit more than the last time I had it done at the hospital and I had to have a couple of bloods taken, which I look battered from now.

Our mw is a bit of a nightmare really, it's a bit like pulling teeth trying to get info out of her at times. When she monitors baby's hb, she doesn't say what the rate is and when she measures my belly she doesn't tell me whether it's fine or what I'm measuring. I've sussed out where to find all that info in my notes though but still it would be nice for her to just mention it. She's the head mw so I think she's really old school and typical of those that have the done the job for too long maybe. We've seen 2 other mws and they've been great - more than helpful and really friendly. She's not too bad it's just that I prefer the others.

I'm telling you girls, the hospital tour makes things REALLY TERRIBLY REAL! I'm pleased with the experience, but man oh man, you can actually imagine yourself in those rooms, in those tubs, and wow - it gets your nerves going.

We asked about a tour but they won't arrange one until we're at least 36 weeks - I wonder if it's because if it does make it "very real" whether they've had freaked out parents-to-be on their case?

Ooh btw Summer, how can they tell how much baby weighs? That's amazing.

Thanks ladies! The pics were amazing of Maximilion, she took so many, but she just posted the one! He loves putting his fingers and toes in his mouth, haha!!

The ultrasound tech was measuring him, making sure he was not too big or too small. Not sure how she figured out the weight though. I should have asked, haha! But she said he should gain about a 1/2 a pound a week from here until delivery,. So he will probably weigh around 7.5 pounds!

Im going to be calling the hospital in a few weeks to see about getting a tour of the Labor & Delivery, as the husband and I have never been to this hospital, we are new to the area!

We put our stroller together last night! I love it! It is a jogging stroller Expedition ELX ( comes with stroller and car seat), we need to buy all our big items, which we will be doing this weekend or atleast by next weekend and setting it all up!

Have a lovely weekend ladies!

Congrats summer on the beautiful picture! wow! That is just so amazing!

At my apt. Friday I was measuring 31 weeks, just a little ahead of my due date - but totally normal. We did the hospital tour on Wednesday night, and it was great - but makes everything SO REAL.

We also had our childbirth classes on Friday & Saturday. All very good info, but too long of a class. I think from what I took away from it, the class should have been 2 hours, not 2 DAYS! Too much "fluff" in there, I'm much more of a practical information person!

OMG well today I had a little scare. I didn't feel baby move so much so earlier this afternoon I got my doppler out - found hb straight away - but still phoned the delivery suite just in case. They told me to have a cold drink and lay on my left side and count the kicks for 2 hours. After an uncomfortable 2 hours baby had kicked 15 times so called them back and everything was fine :happydance:. At least I know what to do if it happens again.

Don't know whether I've asked this before but I got my belly cast in the post last week. Is anyone else going to do one? I'm thinking of waiting a few more weeks (maybe 4 before edd) before me and DH tackle doing it.

:cloud9:Hello ladies! I hope everyone is getting along well...well, our days/weeks are getting down and closer to June and our due dates :happydance::happydance::happydance:

How is everyone doing with getting there baby rooms together! We went and finished buying everything we needed this past weekend. Had to order a few things, so can't wait for things to get here. Our bassinet should be arriving today! Can't wait to get it set up! I just need a few things more and I will hopefully be done. Haha. Seems like these babies need so much!!

Friday I go for my next check-up, and then I start to go every week! :thumbup: Also, Friday I start my lamazze classes :thumbup: I'm am quit excited to start those!

Well have a lovely day ladies!

Wow.... I haven't been on here for an age - Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well?

So busy getting things sorted at work, ready for handovers and maternity leave fast approaching!

Summer - loving the 4D scan he's a handsome little chap :) - did you get a video too?

I had my Glucose Load Test, all fine, measuring a little bit bigger than the 95th percentile on the last two midwife appointments but nothing major!

Finally decided on a name - it's gonna be 'Albert' in full - but called Bertie day-to-day, my hubby had the final decision and I went with it. I like the fact that is a very old name that isn't popular at all :) - yet its robust enough to withstand bullying at school and not too outrageous that people will screw their nose at it.

I'd fed up of not being able to find a comfy position to sleep in - our friend had a feel of the baby the other night (shes a midwife) and his bum is right up in between my ribs, feet stuck under right rib and his head downwards, a 1/4 deep into my pelvis, little man is preparing to engage lol :)

Currently he's got his back toward my left side - which apparently is good as a back-to-back position can be really tough going during labour.

Right I better get back to the grind, catch you all soon Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"