Due June 2011, bump buddies reconnect

Thanks guys. Dotti is so gorgeous (I know I'm bound to say that right, lol). Anyway, I've got to tell you guys our birthing story - it was amazing!

So, Sunday morning I woke up around 7am to discover a little bit of the "show". Over the next couple of hours I kept discovering a little bit more of the show but just before I got in the shower (about 10.30ish) I noticed on the bathroom floor I'd had a little dribble on the floor. So after my shower I put a pad on and thought I'd give central delivery suite a call to check about whether it could be my waters coming. They asked me to call them back in an hour to check, meanwhile they would call the community mws to let them know that something may happen with me later. I also asked them about the period type cramps that I'd been having on/off and they basically told me that they were contractions. As I was all incredibly excited about this I sent a text out to everyone to say that contractions had started but they were really erratic atm (which was about 11.40am). When I called them back it was clear that yes it was my waters trickling out.

After midday, my DH started to get a bit concerned 'cos he noticed the contractions were coming really frequent (every 2-3 mins). He called the community mw because at that time I was in the process of being :sick:. She got a shuffle on and came round just after 1pm. On examination upstairs I was already 7cm dilated :yipee:, which as you can imagine I was thrilled about. In fact I actually happily shrieked "yippee"!!! Dotti was unfortunately a bit back to back though so I made like a crab on my way downstairs.

I got in our birthing pool, which was an absolutely delightful feeling and the 2nd mw was called to make her way over. Contractions were still coming fast but Julian was fab 'cos he kept reminding me to relax my breathing. I remember saying that I wanted to push and that I could feel her in my bum. The mws told me to resist the urge and for the next contraction to feel down to see if I could feel the head. Next contraction came and yep I could feel little Dotti's head to which I uttered "blinking heck". They told me then to go with whatever my body was telling me... 3 pushes and she was completely out at 3.15pm :cloud9: with dad handing our little girl to me still in the pool!

I did have to go to hospital afterwards 'cos I had torn a little but apart from that I couldn't have wished for anything better. It was still the best experience of my life and Dotti's just so perfect! Has kept me up all night so far and has had a little difficulty latching on to the breast but she's so incredibly wonderful.

I really hope you have an easy time during the births of your babies like I did.

Attachments

• Dotti 1.JPG
    Dotti 1.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Dotti 2.JPG
    Dotti 2.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 5
Congrats Brit. What a wonderful story. Sounds like your laborand delivery went great as well. She is a gorgeous little thing. Keep working on getting her attached, she will eventually. Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!!

Congratulations Brit! I love the name Dotti - unusual but the same time not. She is gorgeous. Hopefully she'll let you sleep a bit tonight though!!

hey girls.

How is everyone doing? So who is having there next?!?!

Well, Max is doing great and is already a week old today. He had his first Dr appt Tuesday and he is healthy and nothing of concern. The only thing is he was weighing 5 pounds 7.5 ounces so he lost a bit since birth which is normal. But he needs to gain atleast an ounce a day to be sure he getting enough breast milk. Went back to Dr Wednesday for a weigh in an he gained what was needed so I was so happy that I am producing enough milk for him. I go back Friday for another weigh in, so hopefully he is gaining. I must say he is a eating machine, he liked to eat about 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours. haha. Anyway, he is such a wonderful baby and I couldnt be more in love with him!

Brit & summer - congratulations on the safe arrival of your babies :D well done ladies :hugs:

I'm soo impatient now.. want my lil girl now but noo she's too comfy :( lol Xx

Brit & summer - congratulations on the safe arrival of your babies :D well done ladies :hugs:

I'm soo impatient now.. want my lil girl now but noo she's too comfy :( lol Xx

You are not alone Char :) xx Can't stay in forever! lol x

Congrats Britt!

I'm still pregnant... and waiting... and waiting... I see the Dr. tomorow, hoping to do a sweep and get things moving a bit. Having a lot of braxton hicks but that's about it. Trying to enjoy a bit of my maternity leave before the baby arrives, but it's getting difficult!

Keep us posted ladies!

Groovychick - excited for you :) x - Hope things kick off soon.

I'm getting past myself now - I thought the last couple weeks with no work would be relaxed and cheerful just waiting for the pain to start and out comes baby.
I'm crippled, sure the baby is pushing down further, the pain in my back inner thighs and cervix is horrendous, enough that I can hardly walk and the waddle is seriously affecting my life...its getting lots of empathic looks and compassionate drivers letting me cross pedestrian crossings slower than usual!

Not to mention he seems to have wedged himself snuggly between my hips and it feels sooo heavy, tight and pressurised in there......

Please come sooooooooooooon!!

Got my fingers crossed for you Jenna - hope the sweep works xx

Compassionate drivers? You are very lucky! I went to cross the road yesterday and two drivers completely ignored me and went on their merry way! Why, thank you for your consideration! :growlmad:

Hi ladies... I'm 3 days over due now & fed up :(

Anyone else had their LO??

Xx

Hi ladies... I'm 3 days over due now & fed up :(

Anyone else had their LO??

Xx

Nope! lol - still waiting. Its my OH birthday 2moro, was hoping he'd appear then :) *crosses fingers*
Are u trying anything to set labour off?

xx

Due date tomorrow- still no sign of baby. :( Have a dr. apt tomorrow and will ask about what her policy is on how far going overdue.

Jenna/Char - hows it going? Any movement..

I have to be honest I'm getting peeved at the amount of people texting and emailing me "Any signs yet?" - I'm like "Purleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease leave me alone" just as I forget about it all i'm vividly reminded! I wouldn't mind if when I said No, they left it at that - but I get a whole host of stories about being 3 weeks overdue (40 years ago!!), inductions, and how to get labour started....as if I haven't researched it and tried everything bar Castor Oil so far lol :)

I had my MW appointment this morning, he's still over half way engaged, heart rate fine, my BP has gone up a little but its still normal. Have my sweep booked in at home on the 24th June if he hasn't arrived by then, MW doesn't seem to think i'll get that far - but she said that about due date **whistles**!!

I had stern words with baby this morning and told him Mummy doesn't want a sweep... :) - bet he doesn't listen.

Summer/Brit - how's motherhood :)? xx

GROOVYCHICK - Congratulations hun xx :) - https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/428926-sarahs-pregnancy-journey-108.html
Take Care xx

Hey ladies- I think this is the thread that I was on months ago that I lost track of when it moved to the groups and discussion board. I recognise a lot of the names and see that some of you have already had yours.

I had a sweep yesterday and it wasn't fun tbh (don;t know quite what I was expecting). Have another booked for next tuesday so hoping I don't go that far.

Good luck to all the overdue ladies. Hope something starts happening for you.

Hey ladies- I think this is the thread that I was on months ago that I lost track of when it moved to the groups and discussion board. I recognise a lot of the names and see that some of you have already had yours.

I had a sweep yesterday and it wasn't fun tbh (don;t know quite what I was expecting). Have another booked for next tuesday so hoping I don't go that far.

Good luck to all the overdue ladies. Hope something starts happening for you.

Hello stranger :) - you can join us in being overdue in June lol - mind you I'm only just that today (if he doesn't come :)).

Will keep fingers crossed that you get some movement from the sweep!!x

NO one else has had there babies?!?! I cant wait to hear your stories ladies.

Max is doing great, he will be 2 weeks old tomorrow, I cant believe how quick the time has gone. He lost his Umbilical cord on Monday!! I am so overly joyed with him and just can't seem to get enough of him. He is a wonderful baby, just cries when hungry or has a dirty diaper, and he sleeps well at night, just wakes up for feedings and then goes right back to sleep.

Well take care ladies and hurry up and have your beautiful babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->