Due June 2011, bump buddies reconnect

Well, mw has booked a home visit for when I'm exactly 38 weeks to assess for a home birth. I've just got to watch out for high bp and keep an eye on the swelling to my feet. She also told me that I've got swelling to my face :argh:. How on earth do I reduce that?

On another good note though, she's referred me to the phsyiotherapist for the carpal tunnel syndrome I've got.

How does she know you have facial swelling? Mine doesn't see me enough to know the difference I don't think!

I'm not really impressed with my MW, she's very superficial and when I've text over the past 9 months (I can count on one hand the times I've text!!) - They have been either one word answers or very maximum 5 word replies!
Next time I am asking for someone with a little more interest...

I went to the hospital Friday for assessment as I thought I was leaking fluid - was in there a good hour, they monitored baby, and had me lay on my side to see if fluid started to pool.
Nothing pooled but noted I did trickle when I coughed (had an internal exam!!) - told me to go home rest put feet up and relax... touchwood since sunday not had any trickles. So it seems it could have been a small tear in my hind waters which sit behind baby's head and are seperate from main waters, which with rest has healed over.

Just a heads up don't push yourself like me and have this happen, let the dust settle in the house lol :)

x

BB - we share a due date. I haven't had many pre-labor symptoms at all - in fact I've never felt a braxton hicks contraction this entire pregnancy. I go in on Friday for my next appointment, then see the dr. every week here on out. I'm definitely not worried about not having any pre-labor symptoms, I just wonder if they are ever going to start. haha!

The baby is really getting crowded in there, I can sure tell that.

Ahh Jenna - we are due date buds :)

Braxton's aren't comfy at all now baby is crowded lol - I see my midwife on Friday at home to draw up my Birth Plan - I'm sure we'll do it and nothing will go to plan lol.

Right I gotta work - catch you ladies laters xx

Miss BB you take it easy :hugs:. Sorry to hear that you're not a fan of your mw. Mine's a bit old school and a bit stiff but on a whole, she's alright. As for knowing that I have swelling to my face, well I see her about every couple/few weeks and it's always her so maybe she's seen my face develop. Other than that, I'm putting weight on in my face and she was trying to be polite, lol.

Jenna, I don't think it matters about not having any labour signs. I'm sure they'll start when they're needed. I've been getting BH since about 27wks but as like Miss BB, they're a bit uncomfortable now due to there not being much room - no pain though :thumbup:.

Summer have you got yourself some RLT yet? I'm now awaiting my RLT tablets 'cos I'm a little fed up with the tea already - I'm only on one cup a day, which is supposed to be increased to about 3 :saywhat:, hence quickly purchasing the tablets.

Yesterday we reached the 37wk milestone :yipee: so we decided to do the belly cast. It was fun but I'm so incredibly pleased with the result. Just got to wait a couple of days for it to completely dry out but here's a piccie of the cast so far.... (I've got a couple of ideas how to decorate it but obviously won't be doing anything until our LO is here).

Attachments

• DSC06260.JPG
    DSC06260.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
Saw my dr. on Friday - I'm already 1cm dilated and the baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead!!

How are you holding up BB? I've gotten a yogaball office chair at work today and have been bouncing like mad!

How are you holding up BB? I've gotten a yogaball office chair at work today and have been bouncing like mad!

I'm doing ok thanks Jenna - today is my last working day, it was supposed to be friday but I still had things to finish off. Taking my laptop back in tomorrow :)

I've been bouncing on my ball at the weekend, and plan on having a bounce before bed!

I wish they had gotten me a yogaball chair at work :) - sounds much better than a ring cushion. When are you finishing work?

My original plan was to work until the 10th - but I just am realizing how difficult that would actually be! I will finish out this week for sure, then play it by ear. Might be off as soon as the 1st. I'm just getting more and more uncomfortable, even with the ball-chair at work. Also getting the news on Friday that I am measuring so much farther ahead - almost 2 weeks ahead, makes me realize my limitations at this point.

I will only get 12 weeks off, so I'm just trying to use my time the best that I can. I wish I were at home right now though on the sofa!

I have to admit I'm extremely jealous that you are on your last day at work!

Hey ladies. Its our last few weeks being pregnant! YAY!

Went to Dr today and i am 1 centimeter dilated and my cervix is thinned to 80%, dr could feel his head!! So exciting. He is measuring about 3 weeks behind just weighing in around 5 pounds 11 ounces. he is still over the 10 percentile so he is Okay. But because he is small and because of my chronic hypertension, I will be induced my next Thursday 39 weeks, if he doesnt come beforehand. I AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS!!!

Im going to be a mom soon :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Brit- I bought my RLT yesterday, had a glass last ngiht. It is okay. havent had any today yet. Maybe soon i will.

OMG all you girls measuring 1cm already (only 9cm more to go :winkwink:), is it that you just had an examination and found out? I wonder if I'll get one?

I can't believe Summer that come next week you'll be a mummy! How exciting :happydance:. I've said to my DH that as of this Saturday (38wks) I've got some demands from him to possibly help things get moving. Since about 30wks he hasn't dared to come near me :nope: but I'd really prefer not to go the 2wks over so as he helped to put this baby in here he can help to get it out. I've now increased my RLT to 2 cups a day so I'm keeping my fx that it works when the time comes.

Yeah I went to Dr yesterday, I go again on Friday, just because they want to to keep an eye on Max!

My OH decided no more sex, since at the Dr yesterday when she felt my cervix she could feel babies head, so OH is a bit freaked out now that his penis might hit babies head, hahaha, I told him that it wouldnt! Hahah! So no sex for me I will just continue with walking/yoga/bouncing on ball, and eating pineappple drinking RLT!!!

hey girls, new bump pictures :) I seem to have misplaced my baby...woke up from a nap and she was gone....Maybe she is hiding in the sheets? lol:happydance:

Attachments

• 34weeks2.jpg
    34weeks2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 36+2.jpg
    36+2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
Mommyof2peas - great piccies :thumbup:. It's lush looking back (even now) at previous bump pictures to see the changes.

Well I'm rather pleased 'cos my "pool in a box" was delivered today :happydance:. Just roll on Saturday when we hit the 38wk safety mark.

On another note, I'm house bound ATM. Not due to pregnancy but due to the fact that my poor dog had an operation on Monday for a cruciate ligament tear so she's gonna be recovering for a little while. Poor little thing. It's been terrible not being able to soothe her pain/discomfort.

Well, went to Dr. today! I am gong to be induced next Thursday June 2nd at 6 am...I cant believe in less than a week, i am going to finally meet my son Maximilian!!!!!! I just cant believe it! Im hoping to go into labor before that, and i will do everything I can to start labor on my own! My cervix is just about 100% thinned out, and I was on the non stress test and I was having contractions here and there, but I wasnt feeling any of them!!!!

It's almost time to have these babies!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->