Due late Oct/early Nov. Wanna be buddies?

Suzie hugs for you! Sooner than you think, this stage will be over and you'll be holding your LO. Hang in there!
Prego I Agree with everything on your list and on top of it all I've been feeling sick in the stomach since the weekend started. I feel nauseous and full and hungry at the same time, and I've been in bed three quarters of every day, and last night, as if my nights weren't crappy enough already, my tooth started aching. I only thank god that two of my best friends are dentists and I can drop by any moment if necessary.
On a brighter note, hubby took me to the mall last saturday, and then at a certain point he insisted that we went back home and when I got home (a bit annoyed cos saturday is my only get-out-of-the-house day and it was still early), all my friends, mom, aunt and mother in law were expecting me for a surprise baby shower! They went into so much trouble!! They gave me great presents and decorated the house in blue and even made plastic cups with my boy's name on them and coasters... and my MIL knitted some beautiful souvenirs... it was all my SIL's idea, and I had a wonderful time. All my friends from childhood and work were there! I didn't really want a shower cos I didn't want to bother anyone, but to have them go through all that trouble for me really cheered me up. Only two of my friends were a pain in the ass (the had the same attitude for my bridal shower) and one of them even asked if the plastic stool I was aboout to sit on to chat with them could handle me. I smiled and ignored the comment, but I am so losing the baby weight and rubbing it in her face!!! She will be my motivation lol
Finally, and I shut up cos this ended up being way too long and I dont want to bore you guys, my LO is moving like those alien babies from movies, you can see it from outside and the belly looks like jello. Are your LOs moving that much as well?
Anyways, prego :hugs: to you, your beautiful baby will be fine :)

Rainstorm,
What a lovely baby shower surprise!! It's overwhelming emotionally when people go to so much trouble to do something nice for you.
My LO is moving like crazy too. My stomach shifts quite a bit now and he likes to keep me up at night.
Thanks for listening to my rant. Today I am thinking how grateful I am to be pregnant and made it this far when I have had so many challenges in the past.
I have to go to my OB twice a week now for fetal stress monitoring - my blood pressure has been running high, even with all the meds. I am trying not to stress...but a lot going on!
Hope you all are well!

Rainstorm, what a wonderful surprise your family and friends gave you! It's too bad that two of your friends were sourpusses, but some people just have a hard time being happy I guess. How sweet of your SIL to plan that for you.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. I've been lucky so far - my main complaints are just fatigue and exhaustion, and occasionally some pelvic pain. I'm definitely getting some alien baby movements from the outside. (I love the movements, even though sometimes they hurt!)

I like your attitude PregoSauce. Pregnancy has been much more difficult and stressful than I expected, but I feel very lucky to be where I am. I can't believe we'll all be meeting our babies so soon!

You are so right txbiscuit!! Any time now! Well let's hope not THAT soon anyways, but we'll all be sharing pics of our newborns before we know it. It's like a dream.
Prego I agree with Tx, you have a wonderful attitude, and you have so far made it through all the challenges successfully. Just hang in there a little bit longer :hugs:
There are times when I feel I still have ages to go, and other times, it feels so imminent I freak out. Sometimes hubby and I look at each other like... do you realize we will actually have another human being in this same room in no time? Lol

Hi ladies!
I'm glad to read about you all. We're getting closer and closer!
I stopped working and I feel heavier, no contractions but just baby seems low. I'm very sleepy, almost every day I have about 3 hour "nap". :sleep:
I have to check what I'll need for the baby, haven't bought anything yet.
Did you finish with all the preparing? Is your bag ready for the hospital?

There are times when I feel I still have ages to go, and other times, it feels so imminent I freak out. Sometimes hubby and I look at each other like... do you realize we will actually have another human being in this same room in no time? Lol

That's so sweet!

Prego.. Your list made me laugh so much because its so accurate! Especially the dropping of things... My mum comes over a few times a week to help finish painting the house and collects all the floor shrapnel :)

Rainstorm.. What a great shower surprise! And any comment relating to weight is unacceptable at any stage as far as I'm concerned. Crazy how women should know better but still come out with such rubbish sometimes.

NR3.. I've just started the daily afternoon nap too and wow, do I need it! I can't stop feeling guilty that I don't do much anymore, but its not really a choice anymore I'm just so tired.

Tax biscuit..ditto on pelvic pain and exhaustion... And alien belly :)

I've been let out of hospital on the proviso I go back every second day for blood tests and pressure, which is a pain but its so awesome to be home. They've set my c-section date for October 11th so it's scarily close now! If anything changes healthwise it will be sooner, but so far so good! I'm currently swinging between being exhausted and angry or sad, which is getting boring so I'm really looking forward to getting past all of these uncomfortable days and back to myself a bit. Like you guys have said, I feel so lucky to have gotten pregnant against the odds, so I try not to complain about much, but its nice to get it off my chest :) the other night my DH thanked me for giving up my body, sleep and comfort to make our baby, and that was pretty cool. I do feel pretty lucky.

Suzie thanks for the update! I'm glad you were allowed to go home, even if it implies going back every other day, at least you can be comfy at home the rest of the time. Besides, you have less than a month to go!! OMG it is indeed so close! You must be excited. I have a little while longer if everything goes smoothly. By the way, your husband is the sweetest! It was so kind of him to consider that and say it to you :)

I feel so lucky as well. I had an awful dream last night I won't even talk about, and when I woke up I hugged my belly and thanked God and the universe for this wonderful gift inside me. :)

Suzie, I am glad you are home. I am going to the dr 2-3 times a week now too and I know what a pain it is to have to go back and forth so much. However, it is much better than being in the hospital! October 11 is SO SOON!!! :D

NR3- I don't have my bag packed - have you? I have been "thinking" about it a lot and have a list of things but am waiting for my hubby to get the back out from the attic.

Prego.. I've had my bag packed since they let me go home, but now I have to repack with baby things as well :) I really need the few clothes that still fit, so I'm constantly raiding my bag lol. The multi hospital visits aren't too bad because my mum drops me off and picks me up so at least I don't have to pay $15 a day for parking. And I do feel better being monitored to be honest.

Rainstorm.. Those dreams are so scary! Apparently it's normal when pregnant to have awful dreams but that doesn't help much when u wake up from one! And my DH is just awesome. We've always been best friends and I've always felt so lucky to be so happy, but the last 9 months he has proven himself. He is truly amazing!

Had virtually no sleep last night with terrible cramps and feeling sick... But I think it trapped wind... LOL I won't say anymore about that. Hope u guys are all feeling well :)

LOL about the trapped wind. I have been having a lot of those pains myself. Now that my LO has dropped down and his head is against my cervix it feels like the gas pains are worse. I know this is TMI, but Gas-X is now my daily friend! :D

Turns out it was gastro! I've managed to pass it to the whole family including my mum. Had a surprise scan yesterday because the doctor couldn't find the baby or the heartbeat...turns out she was in a huge letter c around my belly and left the whole middle of my tummy completely empty of baby! And she's breech again..lol. So glad this is gonna be a c-section! Way too much room in my fluidy belly - no way should a baby be able to move that much at this point :)

Hi Ladies,
Well, my blood pressure went through the roof and they started to induce me on Monday night. At 34 weeks 3 days, its a little early, but the must deliver now to reduce risk to me and the baby.

I started cervidil to soften the cervix with the plan of then moving on to pitocin for contractions and delivery. however my cervix would not dialate! After 12 hours of that they move me to another drug which starts making me have wicked contractions! you could see them building on teh screen and I am just warning you frist time moms now-- it freaking HURT! It was too early for an epidural so the offered some narcotic pain meds, which I graciously accepted. Until they told me 4 hours later that I am still not dialated and they need to do an emergency c section in 25 minutes.

Soooo....introducing the first of our late Oct/Early Nov babies (born September 24)

He is pretty healthy but in the NICU for at least another week and further if needed to nail down his suck/swallow/breath reflex. We are just over the moon on love - take a look at my sweet angel here...

He weight was 4lbs 11oz and was 17.5 inches long!

Attachments

• 1255478_10151911671911257_1604175955_n.jpg
    1255478_10151911671911257_1604175955_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
Oh wow! Congratulations! that's a great weight for that age, i would have thought. Beautiful little boy! Do you have everything ready at home?

Congratulations! He is gorgeous. :cloud9: I'm glad you both are doing well.

OMG Prego congratulations!! He is so beautiful!! Welcome little one!!!

Congrats!!! hope you get to bring him home soon :-D

As for me - Im due to be induced on the 10th of october, so two weeks today!

Thanks everyone! I have the basics ready at home but he will be in the NICU for a while, so that gives me some time to get other things ready.

I am just so overwhelmed with love for him. He looks JUST like me when I was born (based on my baby pictures) even though my hubby refuses to admit it. He has only opened up his eyes a couple of times but it looks like they are going to be blue! I am actually half Korean, with those strong genes for dark hair and dark eyes, but my fathers side is all blond/blue and my husband has dark hair and blue eyes, so it is very possible we have a blue eyed baby! :)

Congratulations, PregoSauce!

He looks perfect! Sooo sweet!

How are you after the c section? Are you still in the hospital?

Huge congratulations prego!! What a gorgeous baby :) it sounds like he is an amazingly good size for coming so early so you must have been a great pregnant mum! Are you at home now?
Wow I'm a bit teary - your little one is just precious!

Still got 9 days til my csection.. Feels like 9 weeks. Today I measured a ginormous 47 weeks, thanks to my sudden increase in fluid, so I'm feeling pretty awkward. Am contemplating all the old wives tales to bring on labor now - even awkward sex! LOL

At least you know Suzie that baby will come in 9 days.

What about the rest of us? We'd just wait. :)

I have no signs of coming labor, so I'm pretty sure I have plenty of time. Plus, I'm not ready... Turns out we don't have at home a lot of baby clothes, so I bought some last week. Now I have to wash them, wash the car seat cover, put a mattress protector just in case if my waters break during the night and arrange the crib.

Plus, we don't have a name yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->