Due March 09 Pregnancy Buddies

Hello ladies,

I was just wondering if any of you are planning to be eco-friendly when your LO arrives? I just found the eco-friendly product sub forum and was really pleased it existed, but it's utterly deserted! I feel all lonely at the prospect of being the only B&Ber in there... talking to myself about real nappies and Ecover products!

I am going to use real nappies and I already use ecover :D

I'm really keen on using 'real' nappies as much as possible. I think there will be the odd time when disposables are easier (when out and about for e.g.), but I am determined to be as eco-friendly as possible. Or at least that's the plan right now who knows what will happen when all hell breaks loose come March time!

I didn't realise there was an eco sub-forum on here so am off to find it right now.

My friend just made a suggestion that you can use real nappies at home but keeop disposables in for when you go out. I don't go out alot in the day time so I suppose that is a real option. I have always used disposables you see and this will be my 4th and last baby so I don't want to spend £300 in one go for a load of stuff that isn't going to get used after 2 yrs! It's given me something to think about for now anyway so thanks for that xxx

:rofl:lolly101 when my daughter left for school in her gorwn up uniform I bawled my eyes out lol

I'm really keen on using 'real' nappies as much as possible. I think there will be the odd time when disposables are easier (when out and about for e.g.), but I am determined to be as eco-friendly as possible. Or at least that's the plan right now who knows what will happen when all hell breaks loose come March time!

I didn't realise there was an eco sub-forum on here so am off to find it right now.

Sure, I intend to have a few disposables on hand for when out and about too. But I'll be getting them here: https://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acatalog/biodegradablenappies.html

My friend just made a suggestion that you can use real nappies at home but keeop disposables in for when you go out. I don't go out alot in the day time so I suppose that is a real option. I have always used disposables you see and this will be my 4th and last baby so I don't want to spend £300 in one go for a load of stuff that isn't going to get used after 2 yrs! It's given me something to think about for now anyway so thanks for that xxx

Fairy snuff :)

I was thinking about using real nappies this time. I Used disposable nappies with my DS but I'm more aware of the fact they take up to 25 years to biodegrade, I also thought they will work out cheaper in the long run too. I haven't looked into it yet though...might start doing that soon!!!

Estimates range from 40 to 500 years for a disposable nappy to decompose.

Shifter - thanks for the link to Spirit of Nature; it would be great to be as eco-friendly as poss with the disposable nappies.

:rofl:lolly101 when my daughter left for school in her gorwn up uniform I bawled my eyes out lol

I only want one baby so that was of concern to me, but I think it will still be cheaper and shifter did point out I could sell them afterwards. I am very lucky because the toys R us in town sell eco disposables if I get stuck, and also there is a nappy washing service nearby that delivers the clean nappies to your door so you don't have to buy or wash the nappies. I'm definitely giving it a go.

I was thinking about using real nappies this time. I Used disposable nappies with my DS but I'm more aware of the fact they take up to 25 years to biodegrade, I also thought they will work out cheaper in the long run too. I haven't looked into it yet though...might start doing that soon!!!

Estimates range from 40 to 500 years for a disposable nappy to decompose.

omg I didn't realise it took that long...food for thought indeed...
Beancounter I gotta go Toys r us today I'm gonna see how much the eco disposibles are..
i've still joined huggies and pampers clubs tho to get the coupons just in case!!!!

Hope you are all ok today...:hug: to everyone

Hope everyones well :) .
I still havent heard anything from the police , But i am happy laylas enjoying school :) .
I baught some baby things to cheer me up yesterday now i have got passed the dangerous stage , I have a feeling i may go spending crazy lol ! .
Allso i noticed my ticker has stayed at 13 weeks for last two days lol , from my first scan i had iam due 13th of March from my second scan i am due march 17th ! , So i should be around 13 weeks 1 day or 13 weeks 2 days something like that arghhh silly ticker lol .
Hows every one else today ?. xx .

I have a wicked bad toothache today and it's very distracting. Just got back from taking my youngest 2 to play group and I am so knackered it's awful:sleep:

Only 9 days until my next scan and I'm all excited xxx

Ohhhhh good luck Logie hun , I bet you are real excited . Look forward to seeing piccies :) . xx .

Sorry you are not feeling too good Logie toothache isnt nice at the best of times even worse when pg and you cant take painkillers, your scan date will soon be here :happydance:

Allso i noticed my ticker has stayed at 13 weeks for last two days lol , from my first scan i had iam due 13th of March from my second scan i am due march 17th ! , So i should be around 13 weeks 1 day or 13 weeks 2 days something like that arghhh silly ticker lol .

Aww hun, the changing dates are annoying aren't they? I just decided after talking to loads of people that the scans are really unreliable. One friend advanced over two weeks between scans that were 6 days apart when she had complications earlier this year.

Pick a date you like and stick to that if you want hun. We won't tell ;-)

Lol ...
Good thinking Shifter hun , Hummmm now i have to think wich date i like the best . Hoping they can see bits on my sexing scan on 28th so if they can dates dont bother me .
Allthow i havent a clue when to move over to second tri with such confusing dates lol .
xxxx.

Lol ...
Good thinking Shifter hun , Hummmm now i have to think wich date i like the best . Hoping they can see bits on my sexing scan on 28th so if they can dates dont bother me .
Allthow i havent a clue when to move over to second tri with such confusing dates lol .
xxxx.

I've drifted over to 2nd now. Got pretty bored of the topics in 1st. There's only so many times you can contribute to MS threads! I'll probably feel the same at the end of 2nd tri too!

Aww hun, the changing dates are annoying aren't they? I just decided after talking to loads of people that the scans are really unreliable. One friend advanced over two weeks between scans that were 6 days apart when she had complications earlier this year.

Pick a date you like and stick to that if you want hun. We won't tell ;-)

I hope scans are unreliable because mine put me back to march 9th - which is my OH's dead granddads birthday. His family are dead chuffed and excited. I must be really horrible because I totally don't want my baby sharing a birthday with a dead relative especially if they are going to go on about it in front of the kiddo,I find it a bit weird. I'm crossing my legs if I go into labour on the 9th.

sorry to hear you were burgled mummymadness, that's horrible!

Lol ...
xxxx.

I've drifted over to 2nd now. Got pretty bored of the topics in 1st. There's only so many times you can contribute to MS threads! I'll probably feel the same at the end of 2nd tri too!

Lol ... Iam thinking a few more days and i will drift over and see all the fimilar faces i started with :) .
I think i will fit in well over at 2nd tri lol . xx .

They gave me 2nd April at first then at the early scan I was a bit further along so..... I think that makes me due March !! TBC Friday @ 12 week scan yeah :dance:
Hope you are all well?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->