Due May 1st!! Anyone want to be buddies?

I was 13 weeks when I had this ultrasound!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/yam102284/U-S_zpsgxcfpcq2.png

Aw lovely scan Tweak! I think boy!

I am with you on the not feeling pregnant with random popcorn movements. DH is desperate to feel baby bless him.

Pita! Glad to hear you're following along - I can't stand checking from my phone because it's so frustrating to write posts! I wish they would make an app of some sort, at least.

Sorry to hear your Sci is acting up - that's really a pain, literally! I know quite a few people who have had success with acupunture treating it, but I'm not sure how that would work with pregnancy.

Hi Tweak! :wave: Good to see you! What a gorgeous 13 week scan! <3 I'd say boy, too, but I have super limited knowledge so it's just a guess!

I already feel not pregnant here at 13 weeks...then the symptoms flash around again! No weight gained so far (which is good as I started out overweight), but things do feel slightly tighter. My OB hasn't said a thing about my weight and the pregnancy, even when I asked him about GD, he said it really depended more on the baby than me. He's been doing this for probably 50 years, so I guess I'll trust him! First tri has been so rough with the food hate, I am excited to move on next week and be able to get back to eating in a more balanced way.

Becca I was so happy when I could finally eat some more food! Hope you get back to eating properly soon! :hugs:

Soph, I''m pretty sure it's baby I've been feeling after this past weekend. Definitely getting stronger!

becca - hope you can eat properly soon!

I had a doctor's appt this morning! 150s heartbeat, but I gained 10 lbs from last appt :( I need to start working out again. But everything else was good. And the big 20 week ultrasound is scheduled for December 5th! I've been having STRONG boy feelings lately!

Uh, oh, Tweak! They say mom's instinct is right around 71% of the time - I was, we are having a girl!

Tweak are you going to find out the sex at the 20 week? Sorry if you have said - my memory is awful lately! Don't worry about weight gain, I am sure you look lovely!

Have many people been commenting on your bump yet? I have been getting so many people telling me I am massive I have had a guts full! :growlmad: Had a meltdown to OH last night and he says I am just being stupid! I tried getting him to understand how he would feel with numerous people telling him he was getting massive but men don't understand do they?! ](*,) Sorry ladies rant over!

Becca have you found out the sex now? Sorry if I have overlooked this!

Ah becca! That's awesome!! Congrats on a girl!

Soph, we are totally finding out! I can't wait. If it was my 3rd, and I had one of each, I could probably have it be a surprise. But I sooo need to know. My daughter wants to know too.

No one's been saying much about my bump lately. Probably bc I still just look fat, lol. To me, I haven't really gained much. I did break out the maternity jeans, but that was only for comfort. I could wear my regular jeans, they were just a bit more tight than usual.

I did try the baking soda test last night. You put a tablespoon or 2 of baking soda in a glass, and pour your urine in it. If it fizzes, it's a boy .. if it's flat, it's a girl. I had a friend find out she's having a boy yesterday, and she said hers fizzed. So I tried it for fun. It fizzed a tiny bit! I'm going to try it again in the morning sometime to see if it fizzes more.

Soph, sorry to hear you're getting so many comments! I know people mean well, but geez, c'mon. I don't think men can understand! I did find out it is a girl! Maybe I forgot to post here? I get scramble-brained sometimes :)

Tweak, thank you! I'm sure you look gorgeous! Definitely go for comfort :) I've never heard of the baking soda test! I'm tempted to try it and see what I get now that I already know.

Aw that is exciting Tweak - I am worried how I am going to cope having a surprise I am too impatient! :haha: Did you try the baking soda test again?

Becca I know people don't think do they - and when its women who have had babies you'd think they would be more understanding! :dohh: Aw how exciting you know already! Have you thought of any names?

Soph, you are amazing for staying strong! I have so much respect for the restraint it takes to be team yellow. It must be a really amazing experience to find out in the delivery room!

You'd think women who have been there would be kinder! Is it just that they want to show off their knowledge/opinions? I think people just want to be noticed sometimes, and they don't always do it in the best ways. The only thing I say to pregnant ladies is that they look beautiful, because it's true!

As for names...I'm working on it, I'd like to use family names if possible but I haven't worked out too many combinations yet! I really like Violet for either first or middle, which is his grandmother's middle name, and then something from my side of the family if I can figure it out. I know Piper is a family name (last name, way back, like US revolutionary war era), but I'm not sure if I like it. Still, it would be cool to work that family history in somehow!

Becca, congratulations! Violet is a beautiful name, I really like it :thumbup:

Soph, I'm sorry that people are making comments. No one needs that, especially a pregnant woman! You're growing a baby and that takes up some room!

I've been team yellow twice now, and will be finding out with this baby. I really enjoyed being team yellow, but Hubby didn't. This time Hubby is hoping for a boy.

I finally had my first dr apt yesterday. It went well and we got to hear it's little heart beating away, about 150 beats per min :cloud9: Dr said my due date is April 23, but I think I ovulated late. I'll still wait till the ultrasound to find out how far along I am.

I think I felt baby moving last week :happydance:

so glad the appointment went well!! I ovulated late too, my due date got pushed back a week, oh well! It's just wonderful your baby is doing well! How long do you wait until the scan?

Lovely to feel the movement :cloud9: Amazing!

so glad the appointment went well!! I ovulated late too, my due date got pushed back a week, oh well! It's just wonderful your baby is doing well! How long do you wait until the scan?

Lovely to feel the movement :cloud9: Amazing!

My ultrasound will be December 9th. Only a month! :thumbup:

Wow Pitakat that is a long time to wait for a scan - is that your first one with this baby? Great news on feeling baby!

Becca Violet is a lovely name!:cloud9: I think it is a lovely idea to use family names. I would to try use my Mums name somewhere if we have a little girl but not sure yet.

I keep trying to poke my belly to try get baby moving so I can feel him/her more. OH keeps telling me off and says baby will get me back when he/she is born! :haha:

Yes, it'll be my first one this pregnancy. It'll be the anatomy scan, which they don't do till after 20 weeks, so that's why it's not till next month.

We've been compiling a (long) list of names, but I lean towards using family names too :thumbup:

Wow Pitakat that is so long to wait for a scan! I couldn't even wait until 12 weeks! :haha:

How are you all doing?

haha, soph, your OH is probably right...but they would get us back even if we didn't poke them!

I'm doing well, next appointment is monday. No scan but I'm sure we'll listen to the hb anyway. I guess there's another blood test they can do at this point for spina bifida which we will take blood for. Otherwise, it will just be a checkup to make sure everything is going well. I keep going back and forth on getting my own doppler to use at home. If i get it before the appointment and can't figure out how to use it, I may freak myself out for no reason! Haha, I'll wait and see. I still have stretchy cramps (round ligament pain, properly) and maybe feel flutters now and then.

I've also been having my moments of grouchiness. Not much, though. The cats have been acting up and it's been driving me crazy!

Becca not long until your next appointment, mine is next Tuesday. I am with you on the irritability. Everything is getting to me lately! :devil:

Yup, I'm looking forward to it! I'm so spoiled, this is the first one they won't be doing a scan!

And I swear...I want to throw tantrums like a LO...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"