Due May 3rd

Can I join in...I'm due May 10th. I am also getting really impatient. I'm wondering how many of you ladies already have your hospital bags packed yet?

I do lol, have done for some time but only really because I was told to expect her to come earlier :D And now shes nearly fully properly cooked lol!! xxxx

Mine is not packed at all yet. Going to try to start it today and slowly add to it as time goes by.

Due May 1st!

As this is my second, luckily there's not too much to organise, we saved everything from our daughter so only a few things to sort like a car seat (next week!), lanisoh (a godsend for early weeks of breastfeeding!), ooh and got to wash all our baby clothes and sort them out a bit more.

I am very much looking forward to not being pregnant anymore! I know it's not going to be easy having a two year old and a newborn, but am getting so uncomfy and it's getting so difficult running around after my DD all day!

Due May 1st with my first and it's a boy! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I don't have the nursery set up because I'll be moving in the next few months so little boy will be staying in our bedroom. I also don't have my hospital bag packed yet so I'm thinking I should start getting that done. Baby shower is April 6th so I plan on washing all clothes after that. I have no newborn size outfits yet because I keep thinking I'm going to have a big baby so I've been buying all 0 to 3 months an up. Good luck everyone and I'll b waiting with you!!

Due May 1st!

As this is my second, luckily there's not too much to organise, we saved everything from our daughter so only a few things to sort like a car seat (next week!), lanisoh (a godsend for early weeks of breastfeeding!), ooh and got to wash all our baby clothes and sort them out a bit more.

I am very much looking forward to not being pregnant anymore! I know it's not going to be easy having a two year old and a newborn, but am getting so uncomfy and it's getting so difficult running around after my DD all day!

I can totally relate! I know it's going to be difficult having 2 under 2 but my toddler likes to run away from me when he needs a nappy change or when I am trying to dress him. I am a SAHM so I do everything around here, my son is also very attached to me and he wants to sit on my lap buty belly comes out so far that my poor baby barely has any room hehehe. I got myself an Ergobaby carrier with and infant insert that way when we are out and about and my toddler decides to take off I can chase him and the new baby will be nice and snug in there lol

Due May 1st!

I can totally relate! I know it's going to be difficult having 2 under 2 but my toddler likes to run away from me when he needs a nappy change or when I am trying to dress him. I am a SAHM so I do everything around here, my son is also very attached to me and he wants to sit on my lap buty belly comes out so far that my poor baby barely has any room hehehe. I got myself an Ergobaby carrier with and infant insert that way when we are out and about and my toddler decides to take off I can chase him and the new baby will be nice and snug in there lol

I hear you! My toddler likes to do the same and I just don't have the energy to chase her at the moment! Also can relate about the lack of lap rom - I still BF my DD to sleep for her nap and bedtime and she is basically sliding off me the whole time! I think carriers/wraps are gonna be the way to go with having a baby and a toddler - it will be good to be able to be hands-free as much as possible. It's hard at the moment though - I don't feel like I am being a great mother at times, it's becoming a struggle to even sit on the floor to play....

Hi everyone.
I'm due in May 15 this is my second child and it's a boy ^_^ . My son he getting excited about his little brother. I'm still not pack but try to get it all together and hopefully ready before the end of April ^_^

I'm due May 4th :) My first OH's second lol we had a rocky start but all is well now, i've had very little symptoms, one day of nausea a little back ache here and there wouldn't have even known i was pregnant if i didn't have the huge bump and no periods :haha:
I have pretty much everything set up the only thing i need is my pram which fingers crossed will be coming in the next couple of weeks.
Washed all of his clothes twice lol i packed my hospital bag last week so thats all nice and ready to go.

At my last 2 midwife appointments he was head down, trying to engage he was also just on the top line of the growth chart lol so i'm hoping he's not gone over it at my next appointment lol.
I have my hospital tour tomorrow which i'm not really sure of what to expect, Have any of you ladies had one yet? :flower:

I'm due May 4th :) My first OH's second lol we had a rocky start but all is well now, i've had very little symptoms, one day of nausea a little back ache here and there wouldn't have even known i was pregnant if i didn't have the huge bump and no periods :haha:
I have pretty much everything set up the only thing i need is my pram which fingers crossed will be coming in the next couple of weeks.
Washed all of his clothes twice lol i packed my hospital bag last week so thats all nice and ready to go.

At my last 2 midwife appointments he was head down, trying to engage he was also just on the top line of the growth chart lol so i'm hoping he's not gone over it at my next appointment lol.
I have my hospital tour tomorrow which i'm not really sure of what to expect, Have any of you ladies had one yet? :flower:

We toured two hospitals. They took us through each step of what would happen when we arrived, where to check in, triage rooms and labor and delivery rooms then lastly recovery suites. It was nice but I must admit I forgot where I was supposed to go within a few weeks lol. Comforting to see everything though so it's not so scary the first time, for me at least!

Yeah thats a reason why i wanted to go on one just to see where i was going and it be less scary! lol. Especially as when i've gone to hospital i've always been a visitor, never a patient :) :flower:

Same here! I'd never been a patient. But during this pregnancy I've had to go in twice. Once when I got hit with a whiffle ball in my bump and the other last night to check and make sure I wasn't leaking fluid. I went to different hospitals each time. They were both nice but one was much busier and I noticed that the less busy hospital the nurse told me everything she was doing the entire time and explained it all and the other just hooked me up and asked the questions necessary. I think we are going to go with the less busy one when we deliver even though its a bit further down the freeway because OH said he felt more comfortable there and he liked that they explained everything. Funny because the more busy hospital has a couch for birth partner to sleep on not just a chair and bigger TVs!! I assumed he'd like that one best!

Haha funny the way there brains work :D. my OH may or may not be at the birth as we had a rocky start to the pregnancy and i moved back into my mums which is 200 miles away from where he currently lives :S but i will be moving back in with him once bubs is born and we're recovered enough to travel. My sisters one of my permanent birthing partners though so she's coming with me, if she doesn't like it tough as its the only one we can go to lol They won't send me anywhere else :/. I've only been to have my scans so i wouldn't have a clue where to go to get to the labour ward not only that but the hospital i'll be giving birth in is a different hospital to where i had all my scans done lol.

I am 35 weeks now and had an appt this morning. I am 2cm dilated and 30% thinned/effaced. She said baby's head is right there at the bottom and he is ready to come out. Should I be worried with it being early? I am excited, but i just want him to get everything he needs from being in my belly before he comes out...

I think it's possible you will still have weeks before he shows. I've got a friend that's been 3 cm for the past 2 weeks.

Welcome Ladies! We are all definitely in the countdown now! It won't be long before we are holding our precious babies!! I wish every one the best of luck and a smooth labor and delivery.

I am starting to get nervous. I don't know what to expect :shrug: this is my first : )

Due with my second May 3-5 ultrasounds have kept going back and forth between those days. At growth scan 3 weeks ago baby was measuring even bigger, a whole week bigger. I feel really big too already. Chasing my toddler and being this pregnant is making me feel unbelievably drained, nothing like my first pregnancy.

What have you ladies got ready? We just built the crib and put all the bedding in, I'm setting up the movement monitor tomorrow. I'm waiting on one more piece of art work for the nursery and the curtains. Have you ladies washed your babies clothes yet? I'm thinking I should start doing that soon especially with the very painful contractions I have already been having. My son came two weeks early, so if this little girl decided to come at the same time I have 3 weeks to prep.

I pretty much have everything ready to go now. The car seat base is installed, but her car seat is in her room. All the bags are packed and everything is in front of her crib so DH can just grab it and go :happydance:
We have a pack n play in our room, it has a built in changing table and bassinet, so we plan to let her sleep there at night, on my side of the bed since I plan to breast feed until I return back to work 6-8 weeks after I have her. I am soooo excited! The nursery is all good to go as well!
Now it's just the waiting game.

Can I join in...I'm due May 10th. I am also getting really impatient. I'm wondering how many of you ladies already have your hospital bags packed yet?

Our hospital bags are packed and ready to go! I have them all sitting in front of her crib so my DH can just grab them and go. :happydance:

This sounds exactly like me!!! I have had such a smooth pregnancy, except my first trimester. I had some type of spotting/bleeding all throughout my first trimester (until 14 weeks) I was so scared I was going to lose her, but I have a low-lying placenta. it corrected itself by my 16th week. :thumbup:
We have the nursery done, the pack n play set up in our room (it has built in bassinet and changer, so we plan to let her sleep beside our bed at night), the swing ready, the bouncer ready and a small bassinet ready for the living room. The car seat is ready to go, the hospital bags are packed and we are just waiting on her to make her grand appearance.
I am getting checked for the first time on Wednesday (in 2 days) and I am so curious to know if I have made any progress, he told me at my last app that she has dropped some :happydance:
I never did a hospital tour, I probably should have but I have been there a ton of times, I was actually born there. It's a small local hospital and they have a easy layout.

Thats good to hear :) I've been so hungry the past few days lol feels like first tri hunger all over again. My hips definitely hurt alot more now & i crack when i get up from a sitting position or when i roll over in bed :haha: I've got the terrible sneezes back too it seems. I'm hoping he comes soon, I know he'll come when he's good and ready so i'm not trying anything to force him out but i really want my body back lol.

Got my pram last week :D So everything is now done & ready for him to make his appearance, The tour wasn't too bad, i had it as my local hospitals maternity unit was closed and i'd never been to the hospital i'm giving birth at before :flower:

39 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty ready for this baby to arrive! I am planning a home birth so have got everything sorted for that, packed a hospital bag just in case, made about a million lists and now just waiting! Well, waiting and also chasing my 2 year old around.

I am feeling ready but also emotional - I feel sad about this being the last few weeks with it just me and my daughter - don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this baby and I know I am going to love it just as much - it's just an emotional time I guess, I can't help feel that my DD's world is about to change so much and she just has no idea.

Hoping SO much not to go overdue as my OH's parents are coming over from Australia on the 17th and I would really love a couple of weeks getting used to having a newborn again before they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->