Due on DD's birthday... Ideas?

BabyForMe83

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
My due date this time around is the same as DD's. She's going to be 4 years old and this is the first year that she actually really knows what a birthday is about and she does mention it from time to time. It's also the last birthday she will have at nursery as she will be joining school next year.
I had hoped to throw her a birthday party with all her nursery friends but with the due date being same I'm not sure it's a good idea.
I don't want her birthday to be eclipsed by baby, I want her to feel special too...
Any ideas guys?

Do you have anyone who could help? Grandparents ideally or a really good friend who could "host" the party if you're in hospital?

Also, she's excited about her birthday but she doesn't know when it is exactly. I think you could absolutely get away with planning a big party for her 3 weeks before her actual birthday. You can always have a family day out on her actual birthday. That way she'd get her special party with you there and fully able to join in.

Hiya my little one is due on my daughters 4th birthday. I wasn't going to do a party as really suffering with spd and asthma but there was a group on deal on whereby I got a bowling party for £29. So everything is done for me so even if I go into labour etc on day her auntie can still host party as we just have to turn up. Xx

This baby has an estimated induction date of 2 days before DS's birthday, he wants a swimming party/laser quest party/minecraft party (it changes on a weekly basis) as he is older he understands that there is no way he can have it on his actual birthday so has agreed to have whatever he settles on 2 weeks early :flower:

Could you plan something for a week or two earlier?

Hey,
I'm due on my DSs 4th birthday, we have decided not to throw a party. If Im in hospital on the day then we are going to lie to him as he has no idea what the date is, and have a little family celebration the following week. I think that ideally you just need to hold it early. Parties often don't fall on the actual day anyway. Just do something simple so that you can enjoy it and aren't stressing

I would either throw an early or later birthday... I went into labour and gave birth to my youngest daughter on my Sons birthday and so hardly saw him! Luckily he was only 2 and had no idea

Assuming Grannies / Aunties will be able to step in if needed. I'd go with a soft play party, for weekend before her birthday. Statistically more babies are late than early. Soft play will generally organise everything for you. So all you (Granny or Auntie) need to actually do is turn up with a birthday cake - some will even do that for you!
I'd even be tempted to make it a morning party so that if you are in hospital then Granny / Auntie can still bring DD to the afternoon visiting.

I'm due three days after my sons birthday and the day before our anniversary so we are celebrating both but earlier. My son is getting his birthday day out two weeks early and will be doing something for our anniversary the same week. We are saving my sons presents for his actual birthday but they are all packed up so should I be in hospital then DH will bring him to the hospital to open his gifts. We asked the ward if it would be OK and they said it was absolutely fine. I'm lucky though that he's desperate for baby to come on his birthday. He's waited so long for his brother that he's so excited that their birthdays will be so close.

I am due the day before my daughters fourth birthday. We have decided not to plan a party this year. Her birthday is Jan the 5th so we can't really do a party before her birthday because of Christmas, and I am reluctant to commit to anything in the weeks after her party until I know baby is here safely.

We are planning on organising a day out that doesn't need booked weeks in advance, like pottery painting or bowling with a couple of her close friends, but we will just organise that after baby arrives.

She did ask for a football party but I explained that we wouldn't be able to do that this year but she could absolutely have that for her 5th birthday if she still wanted it, she seemed happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->