• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dummies... Yay or nay?

AJ has had a dummy from very early on. He's was and still is a very 'sucky' baby.
I don't just shove it in to shut him up - the reason why I've been looking at this thread for about 30 mins!!
He only takes it when he wants it!

Just wanted to add I do know of the Greggs Dummies - and I must say I find them tasty :)

i sucked my thumb til i was about 17 and it never did me any harm, i didnt do it in public just at home on my own,

ummm we use a dummy sometimes. There is nothing wrong with it. She is a baby, she sucks on whatever she wishes... Although she barely uses it anyways.

Im definately not a council house squatter. I am a professional, I own my own house, I barely drink...

And I guarentee you, Icculcaz, that my baby is extremely happy and ALL her needs are met!

ok i'll elaborate....

child asleep quite happy with dummy in... child wakes up screaming. parent says oh shove dummy in it'll go back to sleep / shut up and parent continues to ignore baby... WTF! i live on a scummy council estate where most parents are either drunk or drugged up to bother with their kids and use dummies to make their child silent so they can continue to go about their dealing/ injecting whatever they do all day. they have babies to get money for their habits . when us parents who arent into that kinda crap report parents like that, soc services just say oh we're too busy. (i live in doncaster, google doncaster soc serv im sure you'll have some fun reading). oh and this estates rife with ppl who when babies drop dummies on street they lick it and put back in babies mouth. OMG how revolting!

oh and round here playgroups and sure start centres wont let a child (toddling age +) in if its got a dummy in. they have to hang their dummies on a dummy hook if they wont give to parent. wassat about? surely thats gonna get germ covered just hangin there on a hook on a wall? cant be sanitary.....

As a Doncaster Girl born and bred may i say we are not all crack whores who give dummys to shut them up !!! My son is two and has his for bed it provides him comfort so what harm is it doing ....on respect not all mums in doncaster are crack whore and by the way i have moved nr goole and thats far worse then doncatser ever could be !

:rofl: must say, i'm not at all offended at this thread. Just highly amused at the narrowmindedness of some people... off to post my own dummy thread now. How about that?

'yay' although she doesnt have it much but its there as a soother and helps her to kip during the day lol x

logan has a dummy, i really never wanted him too but i when i was breastfeeding i found he was using my nipples as a comforter and when i got really sore and my nipples were craked n just really sore i just had to give him one cuz if he wasnt sucking he was screaming. hes 7 months now and for the last month ive been slowly trying to get him off it as its now causing problems at night, with whenever he slightly wakes n realises its not in his mouth anymore he crys. so for the last month hes only been having it for naps and to go bed, and now hes use to that im going to stop it at sleep times too.few nights of hell i think lol but is for the best in the long run.

i dont agree or disagree with dummys its a parents own choice, and some babies i find need it. (like mine for comfort reasons) x

Both my children have/had a dummy. Nicole had hers until she was 3!! She doesnt have crooked teeth or a speech impediment, i was adament she wasnt having one but she had other ideas. Callum has one, only uses it when he's tired.

Oh and both my kids lurve greggs sausage rolls!!

I once dropped Helenas sucky and she would not stop screaming, so I remembered Ema saying she licked Jacobs, so I did just that because she NEEDED it right that second. I guess I am a piss poor mom because I couldn't soothe my baby any other way.

My LO has a dummy to pacify him when he needs it! Best thing I ever did as he was constantly on the boob and just needed to suck! He doesn't have it all the time, just when I think he needs it and nothing else is working!

And I will admit, I sometimes use it to shut my kid up.
:rofl: Either that or I will go insane and be dragged off to the looney bin and my daughter will be an orphan.

i didnt really want to give abbie a dummy at all but bought a couple "just in case".

one night the "just in case" came in the form of a super-screechy baby and i gave in and tried er with it.... just to have her spit it back at me! she stopped crying though (think she was disgusted i'd insulted her intelligence by giving her something to suck that didnt contain milk! :rofl:)

she just won't take the dummy at all so i've stopped bothering to even try her with it :D

yey :) courtney had a dummy from as soon as we got out of hospital!!

I didnt get out till courtney was 3 2 days old... wish I had done it sooner :dohh:

Both my children had/ have a dummy, Dylan is 3 years old and still takes one to bed at night (may I just add it's not to shut him up) he has no problems with his speech and his teeth are fine. xx

I think some people are just so rude.

I once dropped Helenas sucky and she would not stop screaming, so I remembered Ema saying she licked Jacobs, so I did just that because she NEEDED it right that second. I guess I am a piss poor mom because I couldn't soothe my baby any other way.

You shoulda dipped it in slim fast instead ;) x

leyla has had a dummy since she was about 3weeks old, i was the same as other people have said where she just needed to comfort suck all the time, she doesnt have it as much anymore but if she needed it i would still give her it..

x

I do have some slim fast in my fridge. My OH's little brother bought it hahah and left it here. I have never tried it, is it any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->