Dummies... Yay or nay?

I once dropped Helenas sucky and she would not stop screaming, so I remembered Ema saying she licked Jacobs, so I did just that because she NEEDED it right that second. I guess I am a piss poor mom because I couldn't soothe my baby any other way.

You shoulda dipped it in slim fast instead ;) x
I choked on my enjoyable chocolate then :lol:

WO :shock: I just read the thread....

.... I certainly dont use the dummy to SHUT courtney up infact when shes happy and smiling behind her dummy I like to take it out!!
But dummys are a comfort thing and like others have said babies will only pick up everything and anything they want to and put them in their mouths!! I much prefer courtney to have a dummy than stick her fingers in a mouth, (she gave her self a little infection before)!!

Oh and germ infested?!? what sort of dummies do you see with babies?

I do have some slim fast in my fridge. My OH's little brother bought it hahah and left it here. I have never tried it, is it any good?

I dunno...Hebe seems to like it though....oh sh!t no...my mistake....that was Aptimil she was drinking...:dohh: x

I once dropped Helenas sucky and she would not stop screaming, so I remembered Ema saying she licked Jacobs, so I did just that because she NEEDED it right that second. I guess I am a piss poor mom because I couldn't soothe my baby any other way.

I ALWAYS do this!!!!

I just wish Ellie would take one! Im bf and im her dummy!!

Yep we use a dummy, no I don't think I'm a lazy parent (well most days :rofl:) it's comfort item, and all in all considering what other crap she puts in her mouth these days her dummy is one of the cleaner objects :lol:. We could have let her suck her hands but honestly she's quite a drooler and her hands stay really cracked, red, and sore already from it so I'd much rather she used a dummy

Oh my god!!What is wrong with people today?!?!?
Dummies are not evil.And this thread is hilarious.End of story.xxx

yay for dummys im a big fan my son loves his and there is no way i would get away with just 'shoving' a dummy in his mouth instead of finding out a real problem because he just spits it out and carrys on crying if its not what he wants

rhys never had a dummy because he never needed one, he was never a 'sucky' baby and when he cried he was comforted really easily.

ffion on the other hand was using me as a human dummy and with a toddler running around it just wasnt possible to let her comfort suck for hours on end. we tried not comfort feeding and trying to soothe in other ways but in the end only the sucking motion would calm her, so we gave her a dummy. she was 10months on good friday and we started weaning her off it on monday. we're on day 3 and shes only had it for her nap and bedtime.

Well im officially a crack whore...... there was me thinking it was tiredness....now i know!!!
My kids eat greggs.....and harry sometimes has a dummy.......
OP wana call social services about me?????????????? :trouble:

some people really are narrow minded, judgemental assholes arent they

my oh insisted on giving fin one.... i wish he hadn't but sometimes we have to compromise.....

rhys never had a dummy because he never needed one, he was never a 'sucky' baby and when he cried he was comforted really easily.

ffion on the other hand was using me as a human dummy and with a toddler running around it just wasnt possible to let her comfort suck for hours on end. we tried not comfort feeding and trying to soothe in other ways but in the end only the sucking motion would calm her, so we gave her a dummy. she was 10months on good friday and we started weaning her off it on monday. we're on day 3 and shes only had it for her nap and bedtime.

Well done Ffion x

my oh insisted on giving fin one.... i wish he hadn't but sometimes we have to compromise.....

Why in gods name would you compromise woman??? Sheeeesh....you've changed..... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->