Duo Fertility Monitor

Hello all just wanted to put my two penneth in! I am 5ft 4 and weigh 10 stone which according to NHS chart is close to obese. I do between 5-9 hours a week at the gym of hard exercise. I am not just walking gently on the treadmill! I have been told that the Bmi charts are rubbish and that it should be taken case by case as it all depends on how much body fat you carry. In my case not much but muscle is heavy. Also been told by df to do less exercise as it releases adrenalin in the same way as if u have had a shock or stress thereby putting your body off concieving as nature will prevent you getting pregnant durin times of stress.
So if all this is true how do athletes and skinny celebs (v.beckham?!) get preggo?? If being skinny or lean is a problem it does not seem to apply to everyone lol! Why does the Nhs demand that some of you lose weight because of thier stupid Bmi chart?? Not fair and just going to make you feel bad when frankly you feel bad enough about your ability to conceive. Grrrrrrrrr! We have all read stories about kids being told they are morbidly obese when they just don't fit that stupid chart.
Had to get that off my chest lol feel better now.
And I will continue to gym as it is keeping me sane and happy whilst every month crawls past on a negative!! Close to obese my a##e!!
And for those of you on a mission to lose weight good on you but also maybe ask your gyms to do a test on you for your body fat. I bet your not as bad as the bloody Nhs would make you think!
Best wishes to you all xx

I agree Peanut - I am in the category "Obese" and at a size 16, I think that is a bit much really. Some peoples bodys are just different shapes and sizes to others!!

I'm never going to be a size 10, but I guess that it'd be nice to be a 14 again. and if I get pregnant, who knows what size i'll be???!!! I have to say the actual process of pregnancy and the changes it makes to your body is not something that I look forward to. The end product yes, but the getting there, the birth and the aftermath - SCARY!!!

Angiedev, I am size 10 and yet I can't get pregnant. I don't think size matters. Sometimes doctors can't find the reason so they pick something from your life and tell you to work on it. I for example am always told to live less stressful life. Some women get pregnant no matter what : size, life style alcohol, cigarets etc.

they said to me that the giving me clomid wasnt the problem but, if i was to get pregnant more likely to have problems as overweight and they would never help put me in that position.

I agree kitsia they just choose a reason based on circumstances that suits them to say no. I know women that have been given clomid at bmi of 35, so depends on the doctor too.

I have managed to get to 14dpo again today!!! B6 must be helping this month :)

Good morning girls,

One of my fattest friends who drinks alot and genrally lives on mcdonalds has had 2 kids through one night stand trickery with a guy she liked, so if she can do it then ANYONE can. (she'd not a real friend, just an old colleague really lol).

So this morning my temps are still up, just doing that one step up one step down thing. Kind of bobbing up and down. Usually temps woud have noseedived ready for AF by this time. Last night I woke up at around midnight feeling really sick, so bad that I took myself off to sit wih my head in the toilet. I was fine after a few minutes.

Here is my chart. According to FF my AF was due 26th and to test 2nd march. According to my period tracker on iphone it's due 1st March.

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/lola201111/2802.png

Hi Ladies, You can be what weight you want to be if you feel happy with yourself then that is a wonderful thing. Sod the NHS.
For me having the extra weight makes me feel unhappy and unattractive and I think in order for me to get my confidence back loosing weight is something I need to deal with whether I fall pregnant or not. First and foremost I need to feel good about myself once I accomplish this I can deal with everything else.

Pinki - looking gooooood! - and nausea too - do a test :) :) :)

I'm fairly happy with my size - I just know that losing weight is the one last thing that I can do for myself to try and conceive naturally - oh yeah, that and "just try not to think about it - forget that you're trying" - never going to happen lol!

baby dust to you all xxxxxxx

At the end of the day everyone's body is different and we all deal with things differently. We have all decided to use Df to help understand our bodies better, pinpoint our most fertile days and hopefully come away with little bundles of joy. x

Pinki - looking gooooood! - and nausea too - do a test :) :) :)

I'm fairly happy with my size - I just know that losing weight is the one last thing that I can do for myself to try and conceive naturally - oh yeah, that and "just try not to think about it - forget that you're trying" - never going to happen lol!

baby dust to you all xxxxxxx

I don't want to test until my period date has passed, as I don't want the disappointment of a negative. I'd rather have one dissappointment of AF arriving, than the negative and then AF.

I am happy with my body too; I'm curvy, I have some good 'assets' and my hubby likes curves, it's why he wanted to be with me. He hates skinny and would feel less attracted to me if I suddenly did a Victoria Beckham on him. I'd like to loose a little weight to get slimmer so I can afford to gain during pregnancy if that makes sense.

We all put too much pressure on ourselves most of the time and that's probably our only downfall xx

Hi Ladies

Well the witch just got me again :-(
I cant beleive we are still here after getting married in June 2009, we really thought it would happen straight away and month after month, the witch always arrives.
Even though i am happy that i went 14dpo again, i am still devastated she got me!.

My hubby has said he is taking over the monitor, i am not going to look at the graph for a while, i just need to try and totally forget about the whole thing for a while.

Good Luck Pinki, hope i see news of a BFP of you in next few days x

Sorry to hear that Kaye xxx

It's good that you got to 14DPO and perhaps the vitamins will increase your chances for future months if you keep it up!

I think it will be a good idea for your hubby to take over and perhaps you should suggest that he seduces you when your green days appear, so you won't know what's going on! A dirty weekend perhaps ;)

Hope everyone else is doing well :) its been my day off today and I've literally just sat on the sofa all day lol xxx

Hi Kaye, sorry af has shown again. Look on the plus side you have a great holiday to look forward to so try concentrating on that and put ttc at the back of your mind (very hard I know) it will be here before you know it. I'm off to Malta (again) its ages away but i'm too hoping it will take my mind of things.

Hope everyone else is doing well :) its been my day off today and I've literally just sat on the sofa all day lol xxx

All is good here Pinki, I'm just coming to the end of my af so can start planning some romantic evenings with hubby again. Another cycle, another month. Fingers crossed for you though charts looking good.

Oh how I wish I could have a day off work and do nothing lol... I've had the work day from hell but just glad its over now till tomorrow.

All is good here Pinki, I'm just coming to the end of my af so can start planning some romantic evenings with hubby again. Another cycle, another month. Fingers crossed for you though charts looking good.

Oh how I wish I could have a day off work and do nothing lol... I've had the work day from hell but just glad its over now till tomorrow.

New cycle for you and a fresh start! I hope your BFP is around the corner and Im really hoping for mine too :)

I noticed yesterday that the vains on my chest looked really blue last night, which surprised me. I read on another website that someone had this while pregnant. I've honestly never noticed it before, although it could always be like that. I'm trying really hard not to speculate this cycle.

My temps dropped 0.11 today. I'm convinced I'm out!

Here is my FF chart, as I think it shows my temps better...

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/lola201111/Snapbucket/66C2B50B.jpg

Oh no!! How do you feel yourself? Do you have any AF symptoms ? Maybe it is just a little drop. It does not mean anything on its own does it ?

I know DF will adjust the temp by tomorrow, as they always do! But I can't really say I have AF symptoms, as I've had cramps since OV really. Not painfull cramps, just dull always there cramps. AF is due tomorrow!

It's not the end of the world, it's cycle 3 and the first cycle on vitamins. This morning when I woke myself up early to look at my chart I felt like 'what's the point' after seeing the temps. I may aswell leave the sensor on and update every few days next cycle. I'm going to stick to it too!

Hi Pinki, Hang in there you are not out yet there is still time.

I think what makes it worse when you get messages from DF and FF saying there is a possibility as your chart matches others that have ended up falling pregnant. When this happens you end up convincing yourself that it might happen. In some cases this happens but I bet on most occasions it doesnt and it then makes you feel even worse when af does show. I know it is easier said then done but you are better off just ignoring them and try to just go with the flow. You know your body better than anyone else and I think you will know when something is different. Your time will come hun, chin up xx

Hi Ladies

Well the witch just got me again :-(
I cant beleive we are still here after getting married in June 2009, we really thought it would happen straight away and month after month, the witch always arrives.
Even though i am happy that i went 14dpo again, i am still devastated she got me!.

My hubby has said he is taking over the monitor, i am not going to look at the graph for a while, i just need to try and totally forget about the whole thing for a while.

Good Luck Pinki, hope i see news of a BFP of you in next few days x

Oh Kaye - that is rubbish :-(

You're just a month behind me then - we got married May 2009, and like you thought everything would just happen! It's difficult, but try and stay positive xxxx

now, since you're husband is taking over the monitor, does that mean he'll be taking over on the baby and bump thread too?! - we'll have to all look after him on here lol!

Treat yourself to something nice - whether that be a nice lunch out, or a nice chocolate bar, or a long hot bath - do something to treat yourself xxxx

Hi Pinki, Hang in there you are not out yet there is still time.

I think what makes it worse when you get messages from DF and FF saying there is a possibility as your chart matches others that have ended up falling pregnant. When this happens you end up convincing yourself that it might happen. In some cases this happens but I bet on most occasions it doesnt and it then makes you feel even worse when af does show. I know it is easier said then done but you are better off just ignoring them and try to just go with the flow. You know your body better than anyone else and I think you will know when something is different. Your time will come hun, chin up xx

You know me, I take things as they come. I'm still positive!

AF is due tomorrow, so will see how it goes and also see what tonight's temps do before making any official judgements lol.

I'm back at work today and feeling sooo tired!! Thankfully none of my appointments have showed up this morning, so I hibernated in my office with a hot chocolate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->