Early scan at 7 weeks?

Lcg2693

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm probably going to post a lot on here in my first tri so apologies in advance.

I'm a worry wart, always have been. I've been seeing people post about early scans. I want to go for one but up until today they were charging 100+ and this morning I found one for £40. I was just wondering if they are worth it and if they'll stop me questioning everything. She said she can do it from 7 weeks. I'm 7 weeks in a couple of days. I'm extremely bloated, spotty and constantly having these sicky burps. I think all is ok but I just have a worry that it's not at the back of my mind. I guess it's because my partner isn't near.

Let me know ur opinions on them please.

And dopplers, what brands are good and trust worthy.

Xxx

Hi Lcg! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can sympathise being a total worry wort myself! Are you in the UK? It seems normal to have early scans in the US.

I had one myself at 7 weeks with my DD and I found it very reassuring! I have one booked in for 8 weeks with this pregnancy too, because I'm just as anxious this time around.

I paid £130 last time, but have found one for £70 this time. I'm a little dubious as to whether it will be as reliable, but I have no reason to doubt it really.

I would say go for it, but make sure you wait for 7-8 weeks because I think the chances of unnecessary worry are too big before that xxxxxx

Hi Lcg! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can sympathise being a total worry wort myself! Are you in the UK? It seems normal to have early scans in the US.

I had one myself at 7 weeks with my DD and I found it very reassuring! I have one booked in for 8 weeks with this pregnancy too, because I'm just as anxious this time around.

I paid £130 last time, but have found one for £70 this time. I'm a little dubious as to whether it will be as reliable, but I have no reason to doubt it really.

I would say go for it, but make sure you wait for 7-8 weeks because I think the chances of unnecessary worry are too big before that xxxxxx

Hi MrsMcp!

Congratulations to you also! I'm in Wales in the UK, I've read the reviews on the place and I found out about it as it came up in a search on Google on net mums, if that's what it's called. A few mums from my area were discussing it. I will try to wait until 8 weeks then I'm going insane as I have no m/s or I'm not that tired yet. Hope all is well with u! How far along are you now? Xxxx

I'm 6 weeks so a few more weeks to wait until my scan! The longer you wait the more you see though :) I think I've had more symptoms, earlier this time than I did with my first pregnancy. Which I've heard is quite common! I didn't really get morning sickness last time, went off my food a bit but no vomiting or major nausea thank god! I've been feeling sick this week, but I think it's because I'm getting over a stomach bug from the weekend and haven't got my appetite back yet! I wouldn't worry about lack of symptoms, it's varies SO MUCH from woman to woman xxx

Congratulations!

I booked one this time due to worrying, I was 8 weeks by LMP, but measured 7 + 4 at the scan so moved my due date.

It really eased my mind and made the wait until the 12 week scan much much easier.

I seen the heartbeat too which was great

Definitely worth it for easing your mind if you have anything to worry about.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Yeah I'm currently 6 weeks. So I'm in the same boat im going to wait until 7 and book myself in for an early one! �� it's all very exciting but nerve wracking as its my first time. I'm Goong to try and just take each day as it comes now. Hopefully sickness doesn't hit me lol

Hope u get better soon! Xxx

Congratulations!

I booked one this time due to worrying, I was 8 weeks by LMP, but measured 7 + 4 at the scan so moved my due date.

It really eased my mind and made the wait until the 12 week scan much much easier.

I seen the heartbeat too which was great

Definitely worth it for easing your mind if you have anything to worry about.

Good luck!

Thank you! I definitely will go for it at 7 weeks! Xxx

For £40 I'd definitely be booking one for peace of mind! At 7 weeks you would see bAbys hb 😊

Iv had a dating scan today and I'm 6w6d (although they are saying poss 5w6d) which I know is Impossible!
Iv had 3 scans so far due to possible problems (third was today and was private for reassurance) cost £60 and was the best money iv ever spent, I had a detailed scan, got some pictures, had sizes and saw the hb!
My next scan is next Wednesday (nhs)
I'd say if you can afford it go for it
H xx

hope all is well bigbelly2/ H :)

I'll definately be booking myself in for next week. I can't wait!

Good luck x

Good luck x

Today has been a good day! I got to see detail and heard a hb! This is after my 1st scan and the doctor saying my pregnancy wouldn't continue!

H xx

Good luck x

Today has been a good day! I got to see detail and heard a hb! This is after my 1st scan and the doctor saying my pregnancy wouldn't continue!

H xx

That's amazing news! Stay positive! Let me know how everything goes as ur roughly the same as me I'm roughly 6w 5d x

X

Hey! Where abouts in wales? I went to Swansea uni! I had an early scan at 7w1d. They actually put me back slightly to 6w5d but then at the 12 week scan I was back to my dates! So pleased I did it!

I'm actually from Swansea but I live in Cardiff! That's awsome. I can't wait: c

I booked mine for £60 at 7+4, as I wanted the reassurance there was something there

I think it does help but you still worry as so early things can still go wrong

But a lot of the research seems to say that once there's at heartbeat the chance of anything going wrong is much lower, so although there wasn't much to see compared to my 9+4 scan you could see the heart beat

It was abdominal and she asked if I wanted a transvaginal aswell for a better picture but I didn't see the point once I knew heartbeat was there

I'm actually from Swansea but I live in Cardiff! That's awsome. I can't wait: c

I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms and baby wasn't planned so I really didn't believe I was pregnant. So we paid for the early viability scan. It was the first time we saw the heartbeat and realised that this was really happening! And now I'm nearly 23 weeks! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->