Early Weaning

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
For those of you weaning from 4 months approx, how long will you be giving one meal for before introducing a second meal?

Also, when you introduce breakfast, will you be doing it first thing or at the mid morning feed?

Pascoe has reflux so we were advised to wean early and that once we start to move very quickly to 3 meals a day...! i managed to hold out til 22 weeks ans we started offering purees on friday. unfortunately he seems to dislike my homemade purees but will eat jars though he does moan all the way through anything savory...! we now do 3 meals a day and he will eat roughly a jar for each or if powdered mixed with 3 oz milk. as a result he has wont drink so much during the day, he has the same feeds but drinks less, which he was doing anyway before weaning, least now he has food as well...! i know we did it very quickly but this is what was advised and has worked very well for us... i do worry now bout him not drinking enough milk but i am giving him baby vits so i know he will be getting everything he needs...
we started giving breakfast once we had done the school run around 9am but today he had it before...

I did from 19 weeks but his Tongue thrust was still there. I tried him every few days with the organix porridge , left it another week then tried a few more things. Hid Tongue thrust went about 21 weeks but he's stillnot really that interested so I've been only giving him porridge once and a meal wether it's finger food just on his tray or a purée.

I think I will hold off a bit with the breakfast, try a few more purees at tea time. So far only tried baby rice, apple puree, banana puree, sweet potatoe puree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->