Ears pierced - girls

Its against their will as they dont have a say in the matter and they dont understand what is happening. I think it should be the childs choice when they are older....

Isn't that true of most things in a baby's life? :shrug:

permanently piercing a hole in their body is unnecessary tho and serves no purpose other than pretty to look at....that should be an individuals choice.Their ears are still growing....if they end up with a manky looking ear cause the hole ends up in the wrong place as they grow, or gets infected or ripped out, then its not fair on them imo.

permanently piercing a hole in their body is unnecessary tho and serves no purpose other than pretty to look at....that should be an individuals choice.Their ears are still growing....if they end up with a manky looking ear cause the hole ends up in the wrong place as they grow, or gets infected or ripped out, then its not fair on them imo.

Oh, I do agree, I'm not a fan of it myself, I was just wondering if the "against their will" bit was relevant.

Its against their will as they dont have a say in the matter and they dont understand what is happening. I think it should be the childs choice when they are older....

Then how can it be against their will if they dont know whats happeneing lol?
I had my girls ears pierced and like I said they werent saying to me mum dont do it dont do it and they werent say mum please can I have them done so like Foogirl said against their will isnt actually correct is it.

Because when they older they may not have wanted their ears pierced, so technically its against their will....its something they should choose for themselves when they want to.

Because when they older they may not have wanted their ears pierced, so technically its against their will....its something they should choose for themselves when they want to.

My girls can always take them out. Yes they might have some scaring but they arent glued in.
I had mine done at 3 months and I am fine. My ears are too

^this is not always the case tho....thats why it should be an individual choice!

Its pain inflicted on a child for the sake of vanity and i just dont agree with it. This is my opinion only of course! Each to their own, i just think little girls look just perfect the way they are!

Arianna can have hers done when she can ask for them herself, understand that it will hurt a little, and can take care of them herself.

My eldest had hers done at about 7, shes 15 now and they have closed up.

My 4 year old is terrified of needles so dont think its ever going to happen

And my youngest is 17 months and she can have them done when and if she wants them any time after around 7 i think.

I dont really like jewellery on kids so im not really fussed.

Im pretty happy with the decision I made. I decided I wanted them to have their ears pierced so I took them to have them done. They know no different. All my family have had theirs done, no its not our religion but you could call it a tradition. My children are fed, clothed, kept warm when needed, given everything they possibly could want so until my decision to have their ears pierced affects any of that then its my business

I will have my daughter's ears pierced at 3-4 months. It's something that is "just done" where I am from - I dont know any baby girls who don't have it done. I dont know if that's being a "follower" or instilling our culture on my daughter, but either way it's going to be done.
Oh, and yeah, it will hurt her a bit - but her brothers both were circumsized and all 3 of my kids have/will have immunizations - which for those who are unsure: they stick the kid with a needle without the kid's say, w/ an immunization given... I'm just putting a decorative piece that can be removed any time she wants it removed..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->