• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ears pierced - girls

fifie123

Reaction score
Hey just wonders what age Will u b getting your LO ears piecered ( if at all ) I was thinking about 8 years old

I don't really have a specific age in mind. :shrug: I suppose it will be when she's old enough to ask for them AND I feel that she's old enough to take care of them herself

mine were done at 7 years old.

I couldn't have Erins pierced now, i know some do and each to their own, but i don't particularly like it.
x

When he can ask for himself and undertand the pain/risk involved he can/she can.

Don't believe in forcing him to do things he has no say over :)

I was having this conversation with my mum yesterday, I got new earrings recently and Evie keeps saying she wants some too. I'd never get her ears done at this age though. My mum said that I was 9 when I asked to get mine done, she explained about the pain and how I'd have to look after them and then she let me have them done. If Evie is 10 or over and asks, I'll explain it all like my mum did and if she still wants them doing then I'll let her have them done.

Not until he can understand for him self and his immune system is mature enough to handel a foreign object in his body
xx

When she is old enough to ask and be responsible enough to look after them herself with my supervision obviously
Lou
Xxx

When my LO's ask to have their ears pierced and if i feel they are old enough to look after them by themselves, i will let them. i wont be encouraging it at all though.

I remember asking my mum at about 9/10 years old. x

I'll prob let her get them done, if and when she asks. Wouldnt get them done without her asking though xx

same as all the above really. I actually hate seeing babies/ little children with there ears peirced. This is just my opinion but if when Austin is old enough to understand what hes doing and be willing to look after it properly i will allow it ( i couldnt really say no as i have peircings and so does his dad) x

I was 16 before my mum let me and I think that it about the right age

My Mum got mine done when I was about 3 months old and they were repeatedly (and painfully) pulled out by a boy at nursery so I will not be letting any of my children have them until they're at least in secondary school and understand the risks and can look after them themselves.

I got mine done at 13 I also got my belly button pierced at 13 and Tongue pierced at 16, first tatoo at 15, didn't ask parents permission lol I will not! Be encouraging emily lol

My Mum got mine done when I was about 3 months old and they were repeatedly (and painfully) pulled out by a boy at nursery so I will not be letting any of my children have them until they're at least in secondary school and understand the risks and can look after them themselves.

:nope: How MEAN!!!

I wasn't allowed mine done untill I was 13 haha, and then they got infected and closed up...then I had them done again at 18....and yup--they closed up again! If LO is anything like me he'll be useless at caring for them! But he can have them done if he really wants when he's 13ish like I was.

I wasn't allowed mine pierced, therefore rebelled when i was 15 and now have 5 on each side a belly bar and a tatoo, all in the same week!!............. I completely regrat all except the ring iat the top of my ear, which is the only one i wear!

When they are old enough to put them in and take them out by themselves for pe lessons. Causes no end of problems at school as staff are not allowed to help with them.

When she's old enough to ask & understand that she needs to look after them.

I was made to wait until I was old enough to understand the upkeep of them. I think I might've been 7 or 8?

It was such a big thing for me to go with my Mom, pick out which studs I wanted and then get them pierced. Because I knew it was going to be painful I could prepare for it, and I felt SO proud when they were finished. :mrgreen:

I want that same experience for Claire too. I'm looking forward to when she's old enough to get them! However as much as I want them for her, I do feel it needs to be her choice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->