Eastenders

What the hell are they doing with Dean? I thought he was supposed to be the new heartthrob? Not the new woman hating rapist!

Dean and tosh didnt sleep together they just inseminated lol.

I cant bare the upcoming rape storyline either :nope: and linda falls preg too :(

I have to be honest, as horrible as the scene was, i do think its important to include sexual assaults and rape, it happens and its something that needs addressing (especially since i read earlier than 50 rapes were ignored by the police when reported?) and if this story-line prompts just one woman to go to the police and for the police to step up and get the person responsible then its completely worth it.

I completely agree with you. I was watching the wright stuff earlier and they had a phone in on it, firstly one of the panel thought it being covered four times since 1988 is too much as it normalises it but I consider four times in 26 years not that much. And then there were people phoning in one complaining that his four year old saw it and another that her seven year old saw it. I wonder if there is a topic in news and debates about this x

I completely agree with you. I was watching the wright stuff earlier and they had a phone in on it, firstly one of the panel thought it being covered four times since 1988 is too much as it normalises it but I consider four times in 26 years not that much. And then there were people phoning in one complaining that his four year old saw it and another that her seven year old saw it. I wonder if there is a topic in news and debates about this x
:thumbup:
Four times in twenty six sounds much too little considering how often it actually happens. Someone on my Facebook said it'll make men rape? But i dont understand that logic at all.
As for the seven and four year old, Eastenders isnt really viewing for that age anyway is it? :nope:

That's exactly what I thought, soaps are suppose to reflect real life to a certain degree, and well I'm pretty sure any similar sized square in London would of had more than that in the same time.

Make men rape? That's pretty insulting to men IMO.

I fully agree with you, I would not let my four or seven year old watch.

I wish for once they'd empower the woman to go to the police, stand up to her attacker, tell her husband immediately what had happened. I know in the first instance (due to personal experience x2) that may not always be the case, but for once I'd love to see them empower the woman to tell people!

I wish for once they'd empower the woman to go to the police, stand up to her attacker, tell her husband immediately what had happened. I know in the first instance (due to personal experience x2) that may not always be the case, but for once I'd love to see them empower the woman to tell people!

I honestly hope this is where they will lead this storyline.

a 4 & 7 yr old shouldnt be watching any way!
it was on at 8pm, if the kids are still up then watch at 10.30..
we all knew it was going to happen so no excuse of 'well i didnt know what was going to happen'.. :( xx

I am glad they have such a powerful story line! It happens and its important to be shown! Both linda and dean played fantastic roles last night

And yes agree with kaybea, 4&7yr olds shouldnt be watchhing anyway regardless of whether there is a rape scene or not

Ohhh I hate that they made dean a rapist!!

I hope this story line doesn't drag out! Surely they should encourage women to speak out ASAP right??!!

https://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...artin-fowler-james-bye-to-take-over-role.html

I don't like this!

Ohhh I hate that they made dean a rapist!!

I hope this story line doesn't drag out! Surely they should encourage women to speak out ASAP right??!!

I think the point is that so many women feel ashamed of whats happened when they have been raped and feel scared and vulnerable. Showing it from lindas POV is probably a way of showing it from so many womens POV...that it is not just so easy to go to the police/tell your family.

https://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...artin-fowler-james-bye-to-take-over-role.html

I don't like this!

Im looking forward to seeing how he plays the role!

I hate Martin as much as I hate Sonia not looking forward to them.

I hate Martin as much as I hate Sonia not looking forward to them.

i cant really remember what martin was like, i do remember how sonia was when she was last in it! and yep shes very annoying! xx

Max Branning, seducer of women and supreme sleezeball!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->