Egg collection and losing hope.....

Sorry Pinkie just realised you said you were phoning the hospital tomorrow!xx

Started spotting earlier so think AF is on her way :(

Tass sorry to hear about the spotting. How heavy is it, could it be implantation spotting? I've heard this is very common esp. with IVF. Try and get some sleep and don't worry too much. :hugs: I know easier said then done! Keeping everything crossed for you.

Pinkie hope you are doing okay hon. Thinking of you both x x

Thanks Jaybo. I'm trying to stay positive but this is very similar to our first round that failed. I'm a while off my testing date yet, seems like an age away, will try & keep sane xx

I know, It's so difficult to stay positive Tass, when we're used to things not working out for us! It's early days so stay hopeful - i'll be praying that things work out for all of us soon :flower: x x

Oh Tass, no way, surely this is way too early to be the AF? It's just impossible to tell isn't it. I think I must have goggled every single symptom and until you test you just have no idea. Have you called your clinic? They may want you to increase your progesterone. I am really praying this is a good sign for you. Try get some rest, stay positive and I am sending you some good vibes. :hugs:

AFM, I called the hospital today and the nurse was so lovely she nearly made me cry. We have our follow up appointment on 15th Dec where hopefully we'll get a bit more of an idea of what is going on and where to go from here. I don't want to wait too long to start another cycle, I am turning 35 next week, time is not on my side anymore so I am really hoping things can move quickly. But I suppose that depends on our options.

In the meantime I am getting myself a nice bottle of red for tomorrow night. The AF has shown itself in full today so I am definitely 100% out, which is an excuse to indulge.

I hope you are both doing ok and looking forward to your weekend.

:flower:

Tass, been thinking of you today and hope the spotting has stopped and you are feeling ok.

:hugs:

Hi, thanks for thinking of me. Well the spotting has stopped today so am a bit in limbo now, have another week before otd but I actually think that day is a bit excessive as will be 16 days.

I did test yesterday & was a BFN but it was with a pound shop cheapie & probably a little early so trying not to read too much into it! Hopefully I'll hold out then do properly, that is if AF doesn't show her ugly head by then!

I know what you mean about getting on with another cycle. After our first one failed in the November we were lucky enough to start again the following February which ended in a BFP! I'm the same with time, will turn 38 in March & my AMH level was 7.3, which apparently is low for someone my age!

I hope you're enjoying your wine Pinkie, you deserve it, have a glass for me xxx

Hi ladies!

Tass - that's great that you've stopped spotting! Sounds really positive. :happydance: It sounds way to early to test so I wouldn't worry about the BFN. Are you planning to test again before your OTD? I'm so impatient I'm sure I won't be able to hold on untill my OTD, if I make it that far!

Pinkie - hope you enjoyed indulging a bit last night and managed to have a nice glass (or two) of red! :wine: You deserve it. Your nurse sounds lovely, glad you have a follow up appointment booked in, it always reassuring to have a plan in place.

AFM - my millions of meds arrived this week, so I'm just waiting around for AF to start (or not if we're lucky enough to get the 1% chance the Dr gave us of a natural BFP) and then i can start sniffing. Trying to keep as healthy as possible in preperation, but with all the festivities already starting I have a feeling it's not going to be easy! :nope:

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend x x

Tass, I am pleased to hear the spotting has stopped and I wouldn't think too much in the BFN you still have quite a while to go. This TWW is torture! I've never had my AMH levels tested but think its something I am going to request.

Jaybo, good news that the meds have arrived, it all looks a little daunting but really not half as bad as it seems. Although I injected for my down reg and not use the nasal spray before but I am sure it will be fine. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the AF to show her ugly face.

I enjoyed a few glasses of wine this weekend, I haven't drank for a while so after two glasses I quite tipsy!

Have a good day :flower:

Tass, how you getting on?

Jaybo, has the AF shown up yet?

Hi, sorry I've been away for a few days so haven't been able to log on.

Well we've had some lovely surprising news and got a BFP!!! Feel a little stunned as really didn't think it was going to work!! Have a scan booked for the 22nd!

How are you both? Hope you're both doing good xx

Congratulations Tass that's wonderful news, I'm so happy it worked out for you! :happydance: You must be over the moon!

I'm still waiting for AF to turn up, she's due on Tues so not long left then I feel like I can really get started. I had a complete meltdown on Friday :dohh: - my SIL just had her second baby in the time since we've been trying and for some reason it sent me into tumoil that this is never going to happen for us. So, I'm working hard to get my PMA back in time for tratment.

Your success story has really cheered me up Tass. Hopefully this is the start of a lucky thread and me and Pinkie will be soon to follow with our BFPs! :dust:

Pinkie hope you're doing okay, not too long now until your follow up appointment.

Jaybo, I know exactly how you feel hun, you're happy for others but it's so unfair why it takes so long for us & is such a process (more emotional than anything) for us to get there.

There's not long to go now before AF shows up then you can get going, very exciting! I'll be keeping everything crossed! On the plus too there's probably lots going on over the festive period so that may be a bit of a distraction, you'll be there before you know it!

Pinkie, not long til your follow up appointment now. Are you in a private clinic? If so I think they generally let you start on your next cycle so hopefully not long to go for you. We had to go privately this time & was told that they like to try cycles quickly together, obviously if you want to, as you're body is already used to the drugs etc. I'm praying you'll have some good news soon.

Hope you're both having a lovely weekend. We're putting our tree & decs up, our dog will literally sit under the tree for the next few weeks hoping a chocolate may fall off!!xx

Hi Ladies,

Sorry its taken me so long to reply, I have only just managed to get on here. I was mega busy then got a cold and been poorly, so going to work, home and bed. I am finally feeling a little better.

Tass - massive congratulations, what a perfect Christmas gift. I hope you are feeling ok and looking forward to your scan. Good on you honey.

Jaybo, the AF should have arrived by now I hope you are getting on ok do you have a date for your first scan? Sorry to hear you had a little melt down, I use to get those quite a lot, the same thing kept happening to me. I remember my first IVF just after our egg transfer my brother announced his girlfriend was pregnant they had only been together 5 mins and I cant stand her lol meow!! I think its a good emotional release to have a cry, all the worry and stress of starting the cycle probably only builds it up. But your time will come, it might take a bit more drama and heartache but stay positive.

We have our follow up appointment tomorrow, I have no idea what they are going to say. We are with an NHS hospital but paying privately, we are going to see what they have to say and then will decide if we want to get a second option. Wish me luck

Morning ladies,

Thanks so much for your kind words! It makes such a difference to hear from others that are going through similar things. :hugs:

AF arrived right on time, so started BCP now. Next scan is not until the new year so more waiting for me! :coffee: I'm going to try and forget about it (fat chance!) and enjoy Christmas.

Very best of luck with your appointment today Pinkie. :flower: I really hope you get some answers and a plan for the new year. Let us know how you get on.

Tass hope you are doing okay and enjoying the run up to Christmas.

xxx

Well there has been a balls up somewhere. I specifically asked the nurse to book my appointment for today because I am off work, it was confirmed over the phone and I received a letter a few days later, It said 15th at 3.10 anyway I get there and there is no appointment for me only to realise that the letter actually says 15/01 honestly I could have screamed, I am angry at the nurse but I am also angry at myself for not checking properly. I have been anxious and nervous all day about this appointment but also looking forward to getting some answers about what to do next. Anyway, it was my turn to have alittle meltdown in the car on the way home, I was so frustrated and so fed up with going to that hospital. I am a bit calmer now but still annoyed that I have to wait another month to get some answers. Anyway, I am home now about to wrap some Christmas presents, will have a hot bath and early night.

Jaybo, glad to hear everything is on track. Try and enjoy Christmas you never know next year you may have another little person joining you.

Tass, what protocols have you done on your cycles?

Hope you're both well. :flower:

Oh no Pinkie, what a nightmare! How fustrating for you after you'd geared yourself up for the appointment. :hugs: I'm not suprised you had a mini meltdown after, I'm sure I would have screamed at the receptionist! :brat: This whole process is enough to drive you round the bend sometimes!

Sounds like a hot bath and early night is just what you need. December is starting to wizz by now, the new year will be here before we know it and we'll be all systems go again!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you both had a great christmas and happy new year!! I'm sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've had a rough few weeks with an awful virus & kidney infection. On the mend now thank goodness but has had me wiped out!!!

Jaybo, how are you feeling? On the countdown for you now, do you have a date for your scan?

Pinkie, I'm so sorry about your appointment that must have been so frustrating!! I suppose it's not long to go now for it, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Let's hope 2015 is kind to us all xx

Hello Tass, Jaybo, Pinkie...

Can I join ur group?... I'm scheduled for FET this month or next. This is my 1st IVF. ER happened on 13th Dec, I had 8 mature eggs, but unfortunately, looking at my DH's perfect SA, and the maturity of my eggs, my RE insisted on standard IVF rather than ICSI... that back-fired as a miscalculation, and I ended up with only 3 fertilized, out of which only 2 8-celled day3 embies made it to the freezer :wacko: .. I didnt have a fresh ET as my lining was pathetic...

I so much regret not insisting my RE for an ICSI... :cry:

But as you all say, it takes only one to get you a BFP.. Tass, ur's being a motivational example..

I have stage4 endo, so my RE wants me to go for a natural FET. Just hoping things work out this time.

Tass, many congrats and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months..:flower:

Jaybo, how are you doing? hope ur stims have started..

Pinkie, hope you are doing alright...

will keep u all in my prayers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back