Egg collection and losing hope.....

Hi Jaybo, so lovely to hear from you. I hope you're doing ok. :hugs:

Glad your appointment went well sounds like your new doctor has a lot more faith in getting you pregnant. It also sounds like your cycle is very similar to mine, where you are getting a good embryo but its not resulting in a pregnancy. Did your doctor discuss anything to help with implantation? Maybe the endometrial scratch? Or having your natural killer cells tested? I am not sure if I have mentioned this in my previous posts but I will be having the endo scratch and taking steroids and clexane after egg collection, I have been doing a lot of reading on these and it sounds like they really do help with implantation.

I am doing good, I had a few hypnotherapy sessions and I can't believe the difference it made (I think being off work is also helping). I found out my mum had terminal cancer while I was in the middle of my first IVF (I had no chance of that one working) and I've had such negativity going through my body and kind of lost hope of anything good happening for me. I dealt with a lot of my emotions and cleared out all this anger, frustration and bad feeling. I am feeling in such a better place and a lot more positive.

I have my endo scratch booked for next Tuesday and I start down regging next Thursday. I am surprisingly looking for to it and feeling so much more positive about this cycle - bring it on!

:flower:

Hi Pinkie,

Glad to hear you are feeling positive and really attacking this cycle. Go girl! I can't wait to see your BFP! :happydance:

I'm on a mission to try and find some PMA. After all the money we're spending on this, the least I can have is a drop of faith it might result in something!

My Dr didn't mention doing anything like a scratch, but we didn't really go into details of protocol yet as I think he is waiting on the results of my AMH and scan before planning details. I'll definitely ask about it though at my next appointment. Although, he seemed to think we were just unlucky with the embryo rather than having any issues with implantation, it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

Fingers crossed for a better outcome for both of us this time.

Let me know how you get on, I'll be cheering you on!! :friends: xxx

Hi Ladies,

It's lovely to hear from you both.

Pinkie, I'm sorry about the loss of your Mum, can only imagine what you've gone through! I'm so glad that your feeling a lot better & hypnotherapy is helping you. I do believe in alternative therapies, fertility treatment is such an emotional rollercoaster that I do think feeling as well mentally & physically as possible can only help. I really hope your next cycle works, feeling very positive for you :flower::flower:

Jaybo, yay for your next cycle, only another few weeks & you'll be back again!! That's great news that your doctor has been so positive, at least with not too much change you'll know what to expect as well. I'll keep everything crossed that it's successful, it would be so lovely to have two BFP's in a few months time. Sending you lots of PMA :hugs::hugs:

Afm, things are going really well thankfully, having the usual aches & pains but definitely not complaining, after everything we've all gone through to get here I'll take whatever I have to to get a healthy bambino at the end! One thing that is driving me mad though is restless leg syndrome so if either of you know any remedies please let me know :happydance::happydance: xx

Jaybo, I know how hard it is to stay positive but you keep going girl. These doctors would not advise us to keep going if they didn't think we had hope of falling pregnant. Visualize being pregnant, from conception to the baby growing and giving birth apparently it helps with sending the right signals from the brain to your body. Anything is worth a go. Have you had your next appointment yet to find out your schedule?

Tass, really pleased to hear things are going well with the pregnancy, when is your due date? Restless legs is the worst, I always try and massage my own legs or have a bath before bed to help with relaxing.

I start stimming tomorrow, I am actually looking forward to getting started again. Although I had a little hiccup yesterday. I went in for my endometrial scratch but she couldn't get the catheter in because the entrance to my womb is blocked. To break it would of been incredibly painful so I need to go in for a procedure next week to unblock it. She was surprised that this hasn't been picked up before and we have no idea how long its been like it. My last transfer was a little difficult but he got there in the end so there must have been some opening? Anyway, I was angry and upset last night but today I feel a lot better, if this helps me get pregnant then that's all that matters. I'll be under a general so will have the blockage removed, the scratch and transfer trail at the same time. So just another day where someone else gets to prod around with my lady parts!!

Hi both,

How are you?

Pinkie how's the stimming going? You must be close to EC now? Sorry to hear about the scratch. That sounds really unpleasant! :nope: Hope they managed to clear the blockage. FX for an easier transfer this time, it might make all the difference.

Hope all's well with you Tass and the restless legs is bothering you less.

AFM I had a scan and follow up appointment last week and looking at starting downregging on my June cycle. I'm actually starting to look forward to it a bit I think!

Hugs xxx

Jaybo, yey for a June cycle. Be excited. :happydance:
I know how scary it is but once you get started you will look forward to it. Things will be a bit easier this time with the little more knowledge and experience you have. Are you still going with the same cycle/protocol as last time?

My procedure went fine, everything is sorted and was ok to carry on with the cycle. I am still stimming (its dragging) AF has been and my first scan is on Thurs when I will hopefully start stimming. My cycles are pretty predictable and because I stim for a long time I reckon my EC will be 5th June, feels like forever away!

Hi Pinkie,

Glad you're doing OK hon. That is a long time stimming! But the 5th of June will come around in no time. I've got a really good feeling for you this cycle! :happydance:

What stims/dose are you on? I think you may have said already but I'm on my phone and can't scroll back!

I'm starting on 375 fostimon (not sure on spelling) last time I was on menopur. Hoping the change does the trick!

Sorry I have realised in my last message I said I was still 'stimming' when I actually meant I was still 'down regging' Must be the drugs!

I went for my baseline scan today, my lining is nice and thin and everything had shut down so I started stimming today. I will go in next Friday for another scan when hopefully there will be plenty of activity? I am using menopur again and unfortunately on the highest dose of 450.

I don't know much about the other drugs they use in the private clinics but lets hope the new stimulation works better for you. Bring on June :flower:

Hey Pinkie, I thought it seemed a long time stimming! Glad your baseline scan went well yesterday. Good luck with your stims, I was on 300 menopur last time, which didn't have much of an effect on me, I really think they should have upped it. I'm glad I'm on a higher dose this time.

Have a good BH weekend xx

Being on a higher dose is not the nicest thing to do but we'll do what we have to do to get those good eggs. I am glad they have upped your dosage if you didn't feel it was strong enough last time. I hope this helps you get a better number.

Have a good weekend too :flower:

Hey Pinkie, how are you? Hope your stims are going well and you have lots of lovely follicles starting to grow. Was your scan yesterday or next Friday?

I'm just waiting for AF to start now, then will start meds on CD21. AF is a week late, which was unheard of before my last IVF messed up my cycle. Really hoping it comes soon. So fustrating!!

Have a good weekend :flower:

Hey Jaybo, how you doing? Why does our body always do this to us. The one time you want the AF to show her ugly face and she doesn't. Being hopeful but have you done a pregnancy test?

I had my scan yesterday. I have 7 small follicles, one was at 11mm and the rest were under 10mm so not great BUT I am trying not to worry too much because both my previous cycles were the same and I had to stim for 14 days to get them to a good size. I have another scan on Monday and I know I will go again on Weds and my egg collection will be on the Friday. I know I am never going to get a high number of eggs but I just want one good fertilized egg to transfer that's all I am hoping and praying for. I have been wearing my mums necklace since the start of this cycle and I am really hoping she is looking down on me and will help me to get to this stage.

Hope your having a nice weekend :flower:

So I had my second scan today and its not looking good. I am trying to stay positive but starting to lose all hope. Not much is happening, I am on day 12 of stims and I only have one follicle at 11mm and another at 13mm the few others I have are still under 10mm and just not growing. I think I had a junior doctor because she could not answer any of my questions and said to see where we are when I go back for another scan on Weds. I am pretty sure they need to be at least 18mm to do EC so I am dreading being told this cycle will be abandoned.

Anyway, I need some good news.... Jaybo, how are you getting on?

Tass, you must be due soon?

Hi Pinkie,

So sorry your appointment didn't go as you hoped :hugs: :hugs: On my last cycle I only had three follicles that grew over 10mm so I know how you feel. Is this similar to your previous cycles or did have more follicles have then? I hope the others catch up for your appointment on Weds. Keeping everything crossed for you hon. Let us know how you get on. x

In good news, AF arrived yesterday. :witch: Yay! I did a couple of tests last week to be sure but I knew I wasn't pregnant, not least because of a serious lack of BD last month. DH even said 'if you are pregnant you've got a lot of explaining to do!!' So I'm counting down now till CD21 till I can start the crazy injections again. :wacko:

Tass hope all's going we'll with your final count down xx

Thanks Jaybo, I am feeling a bit better today. I had a lot more activity at this stage on my previous two cycles, its making this one look pretty awful. I know its not over yet and I need to keep my hopes on the two that are growing. I always knew I would never get a high number of eggs but I just want one good embryo to transfer. Both me and DH were emotional last night but had a very long and tearful talk about what we are going to do if this cycle is a no go. It was a really good talk and I am feeling a bit more hopeful and confident about our future. Fingers crossed for tomorrow I will let you know how I get on.

Yey for the witch :witch: lol. Keep yourself busy for the next 3 weeks so CD21 comes around quickly. I really hope this is a better cycle for you hun, I hate that anyone has to go through this so will be rooting for you. I know you are at Lister clinic this time around, I have read a couple of your post on other treads and seen your experience has been good so far. If this cycle doesn't happen for us we are planning on having a consultation there. Do you mind me asking how much a cycle is there?

Hi Pinkie,

Really glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today and that you and DH were able to talk it all through. Gosh nothing about this is easy is it. Sending you lots of virtual hugs :hugs: :hugs:

Yes I've just switched to the lister and I really like it there (so far!). The costs are quite variable depending on what tests/treatments you need. It's pay as you go so so far we've only paid for the consultation and a scan which has been a couple of hundred pounds.

I think in total it's probably going to be around £7k. Although I've read on other sites that people have ended up spending around 10k there. :wacko: Although, I think this may have been due to treatment for immune system problems, which can get expensive. There's a good breakdown of costs you can download here on their website https://www.ivf.org.uk/prices/

Best of luck for your scan tomorrow. I really hope you get good news and you don't have to do anymore research on different clinics. :flower:

Hey Jaybo, how you doing?

So I went for my last scan today and the two follicles had some growth one is now at 14mm and the other 20mm I still have a few more but they are all at 10mm. They still want to go ahead with the egg collection so I trigger tonight and collection is on Friday morning. I have mixed emotions, obviously I am disappointed I don't have more but then I am so relieved it wasn't abandoned and putting all my hopes on getting at least two mature eggs. As I keep saying I just want one good fertilized embryo that I can transfer. I am looking forward to an injection free day tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on Lister, I was expecting it to be around those costs. It's sickening isn't it. But if they can get the job done then its all worth it.

Hi Pinkie,

That's great that your two follicles have grown more and your going to go ahead with the cycle. I can understand why you would have mixed feelings, but it really does only take one! I hope you catch it this time. Good luck with the trigger tonight & egg collection on Friday. So exciting! :happydance:

I'm doing OK thanks. Just waiting now really (again!) luckily we're used to this waiting game eh!? I know the cost is just outrageous. I'm trying not to think about it too much!

Enjoy your drug free day tomorrow xx

Hey Pinkie, just popping in to say good luck with your egg collection this morning. Hope it all goes smoothly :flower:

Thanks Jaybo.

So I am home, EC went as smoothly as it could this morning and they managed to retrieve the two eggs. I have the long and agonising wait for the fertilization report tomorrow. If all is good I need to head back to the hospital to collect my steroids and clexane. There was no point in paying out for these if I have no egg to transfer. Send positive vibes to my two little ones.

Hope all is ok with you and you're looking forward to the weekend. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->