Egg collection and losing hope.....

Hi His Sweetheart,

Welcome, its lovely to have another lady on board! How are you doing? Any news on your transfer date yet?

It is hard when the cycle doesn't go as you had hoped but like you said it does only take one! Will keep everything crossed for you!

Hope you're both OK Pinkie & Jaybo xx

Hi Ladies, Happy New Year (is it a bit late for that?)

Sorry I haven't been able to get on here in a number of weeks. Xmas ended up being manic and I started my new job 1st Jan hardly been at home. Having a well needed rest tonight.

How is everyone getting on? Did you all have a good Xmas? Jaybo, where are you on your cycle? Tass, how are you feeling have you been for a scan yet? And welcome Sweetheart, any new on a transfer date?

I finally had my follow up appointment yesterday, again he said we were unlucky. I asked if he thought we had any chance conceiving our own child and he said absolutely. He gave me some things to think about and recommended trying Clexane on our next cycle to help with implantation and to have an endometrial scratch. So I am booking a consent appointment to go again in March/April. I will make this happen!

Hope you are all well :flower:

Hi,

Pinkie that's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you, it sounds really positive :happydance:

How are you settling into your new job? Sounds like there's lots of things going on right now to keep you busy anyway!

I'm feeling fine thanks, have had two scans with the fertility clinic so far & all seems good thank goodness. I have my official 12 week on the 28th Jan, not long to go & then I can tell work etc.

Hope your both OK Jaybo & His Sweetheart?xx

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been a bit absent from B&B recently - been snowed under at work and feeling completely overwhelmed by all of this. Not sure I'm cut out for this IVF business! :wacko:

Pinkie - wonderful news that you had such a positive and helpful follow up appointment. :thumbup: Your plan sounds great, I hope the changes to your protocol are just what's needed. Not long till you can jump back on the rollercoaster again!

Tass so glad to hear your scans are going well. Can't believe it's nearly 12 weeks already, time flies! Do you think you will find out if you're having a boy or a girl when you can?

HisSweetheart - Hi! Welcome! :wave: Do you have a date for your FET yet?

AFM after downregging for what seemed like forever I finally started stimming last Friday with ER planned for next week hopefully. I'm excited but also soooo anxious that I'm not going to respond well to the stims. Every appointment my Dr seems to remind me not to expect many eggs because of my AMH. Blah! :dohh: I know she's trying to keep me grounded but as a glass half empty kinda girl I could really do with her being a bit more upbeat! Haha! Oh well...next scan on Friday so will find out then how things are going.

On the plus side I've got two weeks off work from Monday. :happydance:

Hugs to you all :flower: xxx

Hi Ladies,

Good to hear from you.

Tass, where has the time gone I cannot believe your 12 week scan is due next week that is crazy. I am glad to hear things are going well, it will be exciting when you can start telling everyone. Let us know how you get on.

Jaybo, this ivf journey is such a headache and I am disappointment that your nurse is not a little more supportive. You don't need to get a high number of eggs for this to be successful, the saying is 'it only takes one'. Your follicles may take a few more days to grow but that's ok. Make sure you get plenty of blood flow to the uterus to help them grow - lay on your back with your legs against the wall (I read that somewhere). And two weeks off work sounds wonderful. Good luck and keep us posted.

AFM, the job is going well certainly keeping me busy but in a good way, its giving me another focus. We have our consent appointment on 20th March (which seems ages away) and I am hoping we can start on that cycle which will be the beginning of April. It's a little tough because I have my future sister in law hen do in May and the wedding in June and we don't want to tell anyone, suppose I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Have a good week :flower:

Thanks Pinkie :hugs:

I'll definitely give the legs in the air a go, it can't hurt eh?!

The clinic have been great in many ways but they just seem a bit freaked out by my low amh. You're right though I'm keeping 'it only takes one' as my mantra for the next few weeks! They have good success rates, so I just have to have faith that they're doing everything they can.

The waiting is the worst thing I find, but March will come round before you know it. Just make sure you plan lots of nice things with your OH between now and then. I know what you mean about having events to go to in the run up to treatment. Christmas was tough with all the parties and not drinking, I swear I used every excuse in the book and DH family all wondering if I was pregnant! :haha:

Have a good week too xx

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're both well?

Jaybo, have you had your er yet? It's so hard trying to stay positive all the time but it really does only take one, I have everything crossed for you.

Pinkie, not long to go now, few more weeks & you'll be back on that rollercoaster again xx

Hi Tass, Good to hear from you. ER and ET done! I'm currently 6dp3dt and going a little crazy. :wacko: ER didn't go great, only retrieved 3 eggs and only one fertilised properly, so it was a bit touch and go whether I would make it to tranfer on not. But luckily my one embie was still going strong on day 3.

How are you? How did your 12 week scan go?

Pinkie, hope you're doing ok too. Not too long to go to your next cycle. How are you feeling about it?

Oh Jaybo, I'm so pleased for you, congrats on being PUPO!

I know what you mean about going crazy, the 2WW is a tough time, I was constantly symptom spotting! What's your OTD?

Hey, you only need one & have everything crossed this is the one!! We had a 3 to one ratio as well & it worked for us, sending lots of PMA your way!!

12 week scan was great thanks, everything as it should be thank goodness. I'm feeling pretty good as well, just want to sleep & eat everything in sight lol.

Look after yourself now & take it easy.

Pinkie, hope you're OK xxxx

Glad the scan went well Tass. That's great news, so happy for you.

OTD is Sat. I'm 11dp3dt now so I'm sure I could test and get an accurate result today, but I'm going to wait until the weekend so I don't have to face the office if it's a BFN.

The only 'symptom' I've had is cramping which I've had on and off since ET. But don't know if that's a good or bad sign, or just the drugs! :shrug:

Hi Ladies,

I am sorry I haven't been able to get on here for a while. Life has been so crazy. My friends are going to give up with me soon!

Jaybo, I can see from your signature that your cycle was unsuccessful. I am so so sorry. I can sit here and say I know how you feel but no words will make you feel better. I hope you're ok? Do you have a follow up appointment to discuss the cycle? Stay strong my lovely :hugs:

Tass, pleased to hear the 12 week scan went well and everything is good for you and the baby. Hopefully you can start to relax a little and start telling people your good news. Are you going to find out the sex? Also what protocols did you do on both your cycles?

AFM, we have our consent appointment on 20th March and because we're self funding pretty sure we can go again straight away. I am absolutely terrified. More so than I was with the previous two, I don't know why? Maybe its because I feel like this is our last chance (I don't know how many times we can keep affording to do this) and its going to be a slightly different protocol, I feel sick thinking about it. :wacko:

:flower:

Thanks Pinkie, I'm heartbroken but doing ok. It would have been amazing to have a first time success, but I know it's not that easy. Need to ring the clinic tomorrow to arrange a follow-up appointment. I hope we don't have to wait too long as I really feel we need a plan to work towards. I'm so worried that they're just going to say it's not worth us trying again with my low reserve. :-( So until then I'm going to do some research on private clinics and packages and see if I can find some hope!

Sorry you're feeling so anxious about your next treatment. It's all so tough. I really hope you're third time lucky and the different meds do the trick. What protocol are you on this time? I feel with the one I was on I was over suppressed but I really don't know much about different protocols. Need to get reading! :coffee:

Tass hope you're doing ok xx

Don't let them tell you it's not worth trying again. I hear from people clinics do this to keep their success rates up. I have very few eggs and high fsh but my doctor told me we still have every chance. I heard yesterday an ex colleague tried for 7 years, failed Ivfs and told she'd never have children, sadly broke up with her husband. Two years later she has just found out she is pregnant naturally, amazing!! Stay positive and keep hopefully. How did the phone call go? Did you get a following up appointment?

We are doing the standard protocol again next time. I was on the flare which apparently helps produce more eggs as you don't down reg but go straight to stims but I had a better response the first time so going back to that. We think the issue is implantation, although I don't get many eggs they fertilise well but I just can't get pregnant. We are trying steroids and clexane which are more injections but suppose to thin the blood and help with implantation. This might be worth discussing with your doctor and also ask about embryo glue too

Hope you're feeling ok x

Thanks Pinkie :hugs:

I phoned for a follow-up and the nurse I spoke to was lovely and very sympathetic. We're booked in for a follow-up next Wed so luckily not a long wait to get some answers (hopefully).

I think whatever they say we will give it another go, it's just deciding where to do it and what kind of package to do. Self-funding through the NHS is so much cheaper, but I feel if they don't have confidence in it working for me then a change in clinic might be better. :shrug: There are also some clinics that do a three cycle package, which I wonder if is the way to go for us to look at it as more of a long-term project. (as if 2 and a half years isn't already long enough!).

Just trying to put a list of questions together for the follow-up appointment. I know my response is the main problem, but I feel like with 8 follicles I should have got more than 3 eggs so I really want to ask them if a different protocol or longer stimming would have been better.

Hope your appointment went ok today. Let me know how you got on. Do you have a start date?

Hi Ladies,

Jaybo, I'm so sorry that the first cycle didn't work, I hope you're feeling a bit stronger now& ready for another possible cycle? I know how it feels when it doesn't work & is very heartbreaking. This journey is such a rollercoaster!!

Pinkie, do you have your next appointment in the next few days? I'll keep everything crossed for you!

As for me, I'm feeling OK but seem to keep coming down with things, have had three bouts of sinisitus since Christmas!! Never mind, we all have to keep soldiering on!

Speak soon xx

Hi Tass! How are you? Hope all is going well with your pregnancy, sorry to hear you've had so many bugs.

I'm starting to pick myself up from the failed cycle now, although it has hit me hard. I don't know why as I thought I had quite realistic expectations about it working, but it's just brought me right down. Anyway, I have an appointment booked now with a new clinic at the beginning of April so I'm really hoping they have some suggestions of what we can try next.

Pinkie how are you doing? I realise I was a month early in asking how your appointment went. Is it this week you are starting again? Keeping everything crossed that this cycle works out for you.

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Lovely to hear from you.

Tass, good to hear things are progressing well, you should be coming up to your 20 weeks scan shouldn't you? Hope the bugs stay away, I was the same, I had 3 colds in two months. Hopefully over the worst now.

Jaybo, glad to hear you are picking yourself up, its so hard. Hopefully this new clinic will give you some positive news and make you feel more hopeful. Good luck with the appointment let us know how you get on.

AFM, we had our consent appointment on Fri so we're ready to go again. My period came this weekend but we are going to start on my next one. We are both away on stag and hen dos in May and working out my dates all the important parts will fall on these weekends so it made sense to wait another month. Plus it also gives me a few more weeks to get fit, eat well and mentally prepare myself. So Jaybo we could be cycle buddies again.

Have a lovely Sunday :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Jaybo, so glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I think the only thing that really helps is time. I remember feeling like I'd been hit by a freight train when my first round failed, came from nowhere & took a while to feel like me again. I hope the new clinic can help & you'll be on your next cycle before you know it.

Pinkie, that's great news that you're trying again. Sounds like you & your hubby have lots of fun things coming up, enjoy and then like you said it'll give you time to prep & get you're strength ready for the next round.

I really hope it's successful for you both, you've both worked really hard for this, will keep everything crossed for you.

AFM, I'm currently germ free, yay!! Hopefully it'll last a bit longer than two weeks this time & I'll have a nice stretch of feeling well. Yes Pinkie 20 week scan tomorrow, little bit nervous that everything is going to be OK but will be glad to have.

I'll keep you updated xx

Hi Ladies, hope you're both doing ok. Any plans for Easter?

Tass - how did the 20 week scan go? Did you find out what you are having?

Jaybo - Have you had your appointment yet?

So I have been trying something new. Hypnotherapy. Without going into too much detail, I lost my mum to cancer last year and been struggling to come to terms with it. I resigned from my job a couple of weeks ago because it was so stressful and decided to take the summer off to concentrate on myself (my OH is too wonderful and he is loving living like a king). Anyway, I wanted to speak to someone and after doing some research hypnotherapy seemed like a good choice as I can deal with my grief and help me get ready for another IVF. Something to do with visualising pregnancy from conception to birth so your mind is sending the right signals to your body. I have had a couple of sessions and finding them really helpful so far. JAYBO - have a read and listen to some fertility hypnotherapy on youtube, I don't know how much evidence there is that this works but its very relaxing which can only be a good thing.

Hope you both have a lovely Easter. :flower:

Hi girls, how are you? Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Pinkie, where are you at with your treatment? Have you started cycling again yet?

Sorry to read about your loss. Coping with infertility and all this treatment, while trying to come to terms with your loss must have been very difficult. :hugs: Taking a break from work sounds like a great idea. I'll look in to the hypnotherapy online. I tried the ivf relaxation CDs with my last cycle but didn't get on with them too well. But I'm willing to give anything a go!!

So I had my follow up appointment a couple of weeks ago and It went well. Better then the horrible nhs appointments anyway! :haha: The Dr we saw thinks we were just unlucky and need to keep going with treatment. He doesn't want to do much different from what we did at the last hospital, but were going back in a couple of weeks for our plan. Really hoping we get lucky this time!

Tass hope you're well. You must be starting to count down to your due date now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->