Elective Sections ??

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
I had an emergency with my daughter 2years ago and i shall b having an elective section this time around. Was just wondering when you have an elective how close to your due date is your operation?

Hi! Good luck with this pregnancy :flower: if they don't want to risk you going into natural labour they will probably go the week before your due date but there is research suggesting that doing it at 38weeks or earlier can lead to respiratory complications for the baby so they probably wouldn't do it that much earlier unless it was medically very necessary x

My daught was 5 days before duedate, and son was 3 days before

Had my last at 39 weeks & having this one at 39+1 :baby:

Good luck :flower:

The policy in my area is that they don't do elective sections before 39 weeks, unless there is a specific reason why it would be more beneficial to have it performed earlier :)

I've requested that not b4 39 wks so they let me choose date so I opted for 11 May 12 as its a Friday and I can arrange childcare for my children xx

I've had 3 (planned) c sections, the first 2 were booked in at 39+5 and 39+6, but both times I went into labour at 38 weeks, so they then became emergencies. With my third, my midwife wanted me booked in at 37 weeks so to avoid another emergency, my consultant said they wont usually book you in until at least 39 weeks, but agreed with me midwife and compromised and booked me for exactly 38 weeks, which is when he was born. x

My doctors do them only on mondays for electives so i will be getting mine May 14, 10 days before my due date as theres a holiday on the monday i would have got it so i will be 38+4 for mine and its the absolute earliest he will do it as he wanted to wait until 39 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->