EMA

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
appaerenly ...
if you already get ema you will continue to get it next year!
wooohooo
but if your just leaving school this year then you wont get anything

yes! Its brilliant news!

If you currently receive EMA, you’ll continue to receive payments while you’re studying.

If you applied for EMA in 2009/10, your payments will continue for each week of your course until the end of the 2011/12 academic year.

If you applied for EMA in 2010/11 and you receive the maximum payment of £30 your payments will be reduced to £20 from September 2011.

If you’re in care, a care leaver or on income support your weekly EMA payments will be replaced with a guaranteed bursary of £1,200 a year from September 2011.

yes! Its brilliant news!

If you currently receive EMA, you’ll continue to receive payments while you’re studying.

If you applied for EMA in 2009/10, your payments will continue for each week of your course until the end of the 2011/12 academic year.

If you applied for EMA in 2010/11 and you receive the maximum payment of £30 your payments will be reduced to £20 from September 2011.

If you’re in care, a care leaver or on income support your weekly EMA payments will be replaced with a guaranteed bursary of £1,200 a year from September 2011.

Ohh glad you could come along with the full details thanks!
I wasnt sure the exact figures ect just that i was still going to get it !:happydance:
Im glad there replacing it and keeping it on for some people because alot of kids rely on it for their transport and supplies

yes! Its brilliant news!

:happydance::happydance:

yes! Its brilliant news!

Ohh glad you could come along with the full details thanks!
I wasnt sure the exact figures ect just that i was still going to get it !:happydance:
Im glad there replacing it and keeping it on for some people because alot of kids rely on it for their transport and supplies

I know, My OHs brother relys on it alone for transport. It costs him £38 a week to get there, What were they gna do, Force him outta college because he cant afford to get there and put him on JSA?!? Its a stupid idea, so glad they are bringing it back for some.

I remember being in college and really relying on my EMA for my weekly bus fair and munch :haha: Oh and maybe a cheap top or something lol

Riiiiiiiiiiight question :haha:
Can you claim income support whilst in full time education? #ifyou can't, then how can you get ema if you're on income supprt? Probably a stupid question, bur I've had a drink tonight andcan't work it out :dohh:

Riiiiiiiiiiight question :haha:
Can you claim income support whilst in full time education? #ifyou can't, then how can you get ema if you're on income supprt? Probably a stupid question, bur I've had a drink tonight andcan't work it out :dohh:

Yea you can lol. You keep all of your benefits. Uni is different x

I think EMA needs more individual attention tbh. I used to waste mine on complete crap. I walked to college (3.5 miles) to save money, never really ate lunch because I forgot so didn't spend money there... I stole the Psychology textbook, and then spent maybe a total of £25 at the most on my other textbooks and stationary. So £30 a week for me definitely wasn't needed. Although I saved about £300 of my EMA when I found out I was PG.

Obviously, when I return the bursary will definitely come into use. I expect I'll be busing more often, I know I have a lot more books to get, and then there will be lots of baby things to get with anything I don't spend.

Anyone know if we have to apply for the bursary or if it's automatic?

^I agree. Not one person I know who gets EMA spends it on college related things. Everyone spends it in town on the weekend. I certainly don't spend it on anything to do with college since I get everything paid for anyway :haha:
We will most probably have to apply since not everyone who gets EMA will get it

^I agree. Not one person I know who gets EMA spends it on college related things. Everyone spends it in town on the weekend. I certainly don't spend it on anything to do with college since I get everything paid for anyway :haha:

I spend mine mainly on college it cost me £15 a week on buses and college is soo expensive for food :(

I spend mine mainly on college it cost me £15 a week on buses and college is soo expensive for food :(

Do you not have discretionary learner support there? I get meals, books, my CRB check and workwear paid for, and the council gave me a free bus pass because i'm on Income Support (you also get one if you live more than 3 miles away)
xx

Do you not have discretionary learner support there? I get meals, books, my CRB check and workwear paid for, and the council gave me a free bus pass because i'm on Income Support (you also get one if you live more than 3 miles away)
xx

not where i live they don't :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"