Empty sac please help

I'm going through something similar...
Lmp June 18th... Very bad abdominal pains only in the left. Had a scan but NOTHING was seen, not even a sac. My bloods were only 396 that day (last Tuesday)... Doc basically said preg was not developing as it should be, if nature didn't take it's course they would give me medication to help me and sent me on my way. I went for repeat bloods thur and thy had gone up to 827. Sonigraphet said she felt it was too early and although she couldn't say either way to not give up hope. I'm going back in at 945 in the morning for a scan, to say I'm worried is an understatement, I'm going alone aswell as my hubby can't leave work... It's so scary but hold onto the fact tht the sonographer said 6-7 weeks is where thy expect to see something, anything b4 is pot luck, some private scan companies won't even scan prior to 8 weeks because of this exact problem. I'd ask for ur bloods to be done though!
Good luck
H xx

Good advice to wait and see. You never want to regret or wonder and I think It makes it a touch easier to know you did all you could to hold onto hope for your baby. My beta numbers were crazy!! Doc said it wasn't a healthy pregnancy and to consider a d and c. Two weeks later, I am 6 weeks 6 days, saw heartbeat yesterday and baby is .59 cm!! I did NOT want to give in and now I am so glad I didn't! May not be over yet, but for now, I am going to celebrate!

I would wait until 7/8 weeks. Out of 10 babies, I've only seen two yolk sac/babies before 6 weeks. The rest I was 6 to 6+5 with.

This is so early! Wait it out. I saw just the gestational sac at 5.4 this pregnancy and the tech/doc were not worried. We got a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks.

There is no reason to feel rushed into a d&c anyway. Especially this early. For my first pregnancy, the doctor gave me until 12 weeks to mc naturally, at my request. You could ask them to test your hcg every 48 hrs to give you additional insight into what is happening.

I know how scary it is - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and I'm not worried about you yet! Big hugs.

Thank you all xxx

I'm so sad this morning, I just want everything to be OK. I want another scan today, tempted to go private but I know I'll just end up £100 down and no change from Monday. Waiting is so hard

It really is the most agonising wait, I feel for you. Try to think positive thoughts and keep yourself busy, hopefully the next few weeks will pass quickly xx

I had a scan due to bleeding and thought i was 7 weeks. All we saw was a small empty sac measuring 4 weeks with areas of bleeding but 8 days later saw a baby with hb measuring 7+5! Dont give up yet, good luck x

If you know you're only 5 weeks don't let them pressure you into anything. My ob wont even do a scan on me till 8 weeks. I went in today and they straight up told me it's too early to see anything.

I had a scan at 5w6d and all they saw was an empty sac. They also found my hcg wasn't doubling every 48 hours and they actually called me on a Friday afternoon and told me to prepare to miscarry, potentially over the weekend. My heart was completely shattered, worst weekend of my life. But they did book me for a scan the following week, and at 6w2d they found the baby and the heartbeat on the ultrasound!

So....don't worry yet. I know how excruciating the wait is, but there's still reason to be hopeful. I hope you get some good news soon. :hugs:

Update- I'm going for another scan tomorrow at 6pm at the epu. I called them and explained that I was so upset when they were talking to me that I now have a million questions and am pretty sure my dates are wrong. I also very politely insinuated that the sonographer was not very talkative and I didn't feel as informed as I'd like to be upon leaving.

They said they would squeeze me I tomorrow evening and go through everything, as well as doing an internal scan.

I'm so nervous x

Good luck!!! I hope you see a yolk or more, or at least get some questions answered.

It may still be too early to see much so dont worry if thats the case. Good luck

Update.

Had a scan yesterday- she measured sac at 12mm which puts me at the 5 week mark- this is exactly where I thought I should be. On Monday the sonographer said I was measuring 19mm (8 weeks) but the sonographer yesterday said that was obviously a mistake because it's 12mm.

So basically I still have an empty sac- no yolk or fetal pole BUT I'm 5 weeks (exactly as of today) and not 8. Also I have had no cramping or bleeding, they told me I wold likely bleed within a day or two- that was 6 days ago.

I'm going in on Monday for another scan, I'm going to insist my hcg bloods are taken.. still very confused.
Xxxx

Wow. You must be so frustrated! You need to definitely wait....even the fact that you had different measurements goes to show that you the medics don't really know what they're talking about!

Thanks. Unfortunately I find it hard to believe what anyone is telling me. I guess I'll just have to wait it out x

Update.

Had a scan yesterday- she measured sac at 12mm which puts me at the 5 week mark- this is exactly where I thought I should be. On Monday the sonographer said I was measuring 19mm (8 weeks) but the sonographer yesterday said that was obviously a mistake because it's 12mm.

So basically I still have an empty sac- no yolk or fetal pole BUT I'm 5 weeks (exactly as of today) and not 8. Also I have had no cramping or bleeding, they told me I wold likely bleed within a day or two- that was 6 days ago.

I'm going in on Monday for another scan, I'm going to insist my hcg bloods are taken.. still very confused.
Xxxx

Sounds like everything is going how it should hun! If the new scan match your dates, I reckon the first scan was so wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->