• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

end of april due dates updated with list

Yep I was like that yesterday Jenny, started panicking loads and thinking I couldn't do it but it passed then, I have it a lot but then the next day I'm back to being excited :haha:

I hate dreams about labour :wacko: they're always painful scary ones lol!

It's quite a horrible feeling isn't it? :-(

I have an anxiety disorder, and have not been on meds since finding out im pregnant, so it's been a bit rough trying to hold it together. Im so worried that il freak out before/during the section.

Im going to listen to lots of my Buddhism stuff and hope it can pull me through without a scene.

Whats everyone up to today?

Feff i never bothered writing mine either but thats cos they have taken over things now cos of my BP and i cant have anything i want so there is no point LOL although i had practice contractions last night which has made me reassess my annoyance at the epi they are making me have....i am now quite grateful!

I was like that too hun, i seem to be having an energy burst this week, dunno how long it will last :shrug: LOL dtd is so not appealing whilst feeling this massive and gross :nope:

It sounds like she is really tall hun, she is probably low and high :thumbup: god your good pulling yourself up, hubby has to drag me off sofa most evenings LOL and i defo cant get out the bath on my own! Although not for much longer wahooo :happydance: ohhh god that placenta bit was disgusting! but it was kinda cool to see what it looks like :wacko: i wont be arguing with them pulling it out thats for sure!

Jenny, it was vanilla mmmmmmmmm yummy :D and yep i get that wave of fear daily LOL but then i see something we bought for the baby and i think...awww but i want my little boy :flower: so in summary i want my cake and eat it LOL!!

I got my last midwife appointment today, how about you ladies? xxxxx

Iv talked about these cupcakes so much now, I want them so bad. Perfect opportunity when they are all at kickboxing this afternoon :-D

Have fun at your midwife app, I have mine tomo afternoon.

Im not up to much today, mostly the normal house work. Waiting for a couple of deliveries.

Hiya I've had productive mornin, cleaned house, popped boots to get some last min bits wanted which didn't get at baby shower etc. Got all nursery sorted and repacked changin bag with all babys stuff in. Not sure if got way to many clothes in, but my hosiptal bag full. So though if take changin bag with comin home outfit and normal changin stuff save another bag! Got a nice all in one baby grow to come home in - next sheep grey set!! And a next monkey super soft cardie jacket! Got 4vest, 2sleved vests and 4 all in ones and 2 bottoms and cardie in bag inc comin home stuff + 2 sets hats and mitts, socks and botties. Also changin mat, pouch with wipes cotton wool, bags, creams etc. + my breast pads etc and in pouches on side got muslims, burp clothes, 3 bibs and nipple cream and a teddy!! Got 10 nappys too. Does that sound bout right?? I've got a grey bow pink lining bag so all fits and not heavy or bulky!! :) few period cramps, loose poos and sharp twinges and thigh pain so who knows maybe start something... X

Oh dear, I have a very upset stomach -tmi lol, and now feeling super tired, so im going to nap.

Hi girls. Not sure if I have told this thread but I had my little baby on the 14th of April at 16.48 weighing 8lb 11! My yellow baby turned into a blue baby! We named him Bjorn. He is super cute. I love him so much that I could cry! Heis bf well, it's hard work and sore but I love the bonding time with him! Labour was fast and furious! No time for pain relief! Will write my labour and delivery story ASAP and post a few pics!
Hope everyone else is ready for their little arrivals! No warning signs before labour started really. Just had regular period cramps which turned into contractions xx

Yeah Jenny it is horrible :( but you know you can do it, you've done it all before! I bet you'll be changing nappies with your eyes closed :haha: ahh I bet that's contributing to it too :( I'm just a worrier lol.

I don't think I'm going to bother with mine Smanderson! My mam and friend will be with me and they know what I want anyway :) I'm just open to everything :haha: I didn't know they made you get an epi for induction? Or is it to help with blood pressure?

Oooh they say you get an energy burst about a week before! :happydance: I'm yet to have one haha! Just aching bad again today, my side is really hurting I don't know what I've done :shrug: it's really tender too! :(

Fingers crossed, I don't want them wobbling me around trying to get her to engage :wacko: wasn't it?! Yuck, I really don't want to see mine at all, it looks like a liver or something :haha:

Charmed you've been busy lol, I'm just loafing about on the sofa all day :haha: I've got mostly that for the baby, but only 3 vests and baby grows and 2 coming home outfits :thumbup: I've been feeling like that for a while too but nothing yet :(

Congratulations rooster! Aw what a cute name :flower: can't wait to see pictures :)

LOL Jenny, we are looking forward to pics of them so we can drool :haha::winkwink: hope your tummy feels better soon :hugs: good idea to rest hun :thumbup: are you all packed and ready for your section?

Midwife appointment went well, she said bubs has defo dropped and is now engaged and said im getting ready to deliver?? i had a couple more contractions on the monitor but nothing long or close together and nothing since so could be still need the induction :dohh:

Feff i dont blame you not doing your birth plan either, i heard they often dont even look at them :haha: i guess its just for if you want specific things thats mega important to you :thumbup: im like you, i'll go with the flow and honestly they are calling the shots for me now anyways :wacko: yeah the epi is to keep my BP down :thumbup: my BP went up straight after a contraction today so i guess its true that labor puts it up....well, if the contractions were constant it would maybe make it stay up LOL

Aww hun could you get in to see your midwife? Maybe bubs is sitting funny? I had pain in my side a few weeks ago but was DJ kicking me there LOL cheeky little wotsit :haha:

Wow charmed sounds like a very productive morning! Lots of shopping too :happydance: i hae the pink lining bag with bows too :thumbup: i havent put anything in it yet :haha:

Rooster Congrats again hun :hugs: so looking forward to pics :flower: xxx

Feel a bit better after some toast, still pretty icky tho :-(
Yeah iv been ready and packed for weeks lol, you got all your stuff ready too?

Glad the midwife aplointment went well. :-D

I'm glad your appointment went well Smanderson :thumbup: oooh that's sounding good! You never know he might be here before your induction :)

Yeah I thought so, I'm not too bothered about anything anyway :haha: wow that's weird! At least nobody can make you feel bad about getting the epidural then (which they shouldn't but there's bound to be some people judging you :dohh: )

I don't really think there's much she could do! :( it feels tight like my muscle have been strained but I can't remember doing anything to strain it :wacko: oh bless him! LO just had what felt like her bum sticking out of my side so god knows what gymnastics she's getting up to in there :haha:

Yay Jenny glad your feeling better hun :hugs: maybe you need a rest and more snacks? Yeah im all packed too, i did it so long ago i dunno whats in there LOL i keep saying i will check but i cant be bothered :haha: think i'll just take my chances and hope i was sensible :haha::winkwink:

Ohh Feff i wish LOL i think he is just teasing me and is intending to stay in there till he is 18 :haha::dohh:

I know what you mean, people are weird about epis arent they :dohh: still, as long as bubs is here safe and sound thats all that matters :thumbup: ohhh DJ does that too!! he sticks his bum right up like he is wiggling his bum at me and then it disappears again haha :haha: silly beans :winkwink:

That's how I feel too :haha:

Yep some people can be :wacko: I saw someone on hear call it a 'monster' I was like woaaah :haha: if I feel I need one (which I probably will because I'm a wimp with pain :dohh: ) then I'll have one! Hehe they are aren't they :haha:

Another person I know is in slow labour :dohh: I don't know why everyone else is but me :haha: also my cousins girlfriend found out she was pregnant and she's 30 weeks!!! :wacko: everyone's pregnant or in labour! :haha:

Oh wow she just found out at 30 weeks?!?!?!? SO unfair! We suffered every stinkin week and someone gets to find out at 30 weeks :growlmad: lucky moo LOL must have been quite a shock :haha:

It does seem like everyone is prego at the minute LOL thats shocking someone calling an epi a monster, whats wrong with people! :growlmad:
i must admit im a little freaked by the idea of the massive needle going in my spike AND contracting at the same time :wacko: but then again the pain of contractions will probably be so much we wont care :haha::winkwink:

Yup! I know :haha: I thought I found out late at 12 weeks but 30 weeks!! I know imagine :wacko: thinking you're just a bit ill and going to the doctors and finding out you're not only pregnant but that far gone!

I know it's so silly :dohh: I'm not even afraid of that, when I'm in that amount of pain they can do what they want, chop a leg or 2 off whatever!! :haha:

Have you done much today? I've literally led down all day :haha: so productive!!

12 weeks! Your so lucky! I found out at 2 weeks cos we had been ttc for months and i was very eager but it was a right pain knowing from so early so its felt soooo loooonnngggg the wait till the 12 week scan might as well have been 2 years LOL :dohh:

Not much today, had the midwife appointment, saw my sis and walked the dog, havent even done much cleaning...having a cant be arsed day today :haha:

My sis and mum as so excited that i had my first contraction they are literally expecting me to be in full blown labor tonight :rofl: i have told them thats not likely i think it will still come down to the induction but thy have got themselves so excited bless em :flower:

Ohh our lamps came today, exciting for me boring for everyone else but i really like them hehe they are to replace our bedside table lamps which were the big round ones and took up most of the side table, these ones are bigger than they looked online but still take up less space :happydance: i know im a terrible prego, i should have spend the money on the baby :haha::winkwink:

I know I'm really glad, and because I had no clue how far gone I was I had my scan about 2 weeks later so didn't have to wait that long! But the second trimester was horrible for me :wacko: all I did was sleep! Literally would sleep 7pm until 7am when I would get up for college then come home, have food, do some studying then sleep again :haha: oh I bet it dragged for you finding out that early!!

I really want your energy and lack of aching :haha: I wish I could go to sleep and think 'tomorrow I'll do this' but I have to wait and see how I feel when I get up :dohh:

Oh bless them lol! You never know though, when is your induction again? Baby brain is back :dohh: my dad just said to me 'I don't think you're going to be long' so I got scared again then :haha:

Ooooh I love new stuff, baby or non baby I love parcels :haha: it's nice to treat yourself sometimes! I did the other day for the first time in months and it felt weird not having mothercare boxes come back :rofl:

It really did drag on! i was tired like that in my first tri and got my energy for the second tri and then lost it again by 26/27 weeks :haha::dohh: shame you had a tired second tri but at least you had passed one trimester without even knowing you were prego :thumbup: hope that happens for us next time :thumbup:

Hehe yeah it was a bit weird having non tommee tippe or mothercare packaging :haha: every penny this last 9 months has gone on the baby or maternity things but was so nice to do something for the house, not that people will see our lamps but i love them they are all shiny :haha:

Induction is Sunday night in to monday morning depending on how busy they are i guess :shrug: just a few days left :happydance: would still love to go naturally though :thumbup: bless your dad :flower: mine wouldnt know the difference in my bump today from christmas time :rofl: my mum was saying she was there whenever we need her and he starts singing in the background "ill be there!" haha nutter :haha: that must be where i get it from LOL :winkwink:

Ohh hun you will get your energy back, the lack of sleep will be making a big difference for you and there is a bit of a burst of energy in the last week...or so it looks like LOL :thumbup: i have been super lazy/sleepy for a good chunk of my pregnancy its about time i got off my butt LOL

Hello ladies!! Well were home, Im going to put my birth story here because Im too tired to write it twice and your the people that have helped and supported me through so much!
As you know my waters broke at 1.30am monday 15th, with no contractions I had to go see my midwife at 1.45 pm to decide what to do, I got give the choice go straight to the local hosp right then to be induced, meaning that any hope of a waterbirth was (sorry for the punn) right out of the water, or I could wait to see if labour started naturally but if nothing had happened by 1.30 am then I would have no choice by to be induced. So I spent the rest of the day eating and drinking everything pinapple, bouncing on my ball playing football with the kids and nothing :(
At 11pm I gave up and went to the hosp so that I could get settled and monitered before getting induced. I had been getting more achy and crampy but nothing that I thought was a contraction, however the moniter showed that I was getting irragular contractions and a check showed that I was 1 cm dilated and my curvex was thin so the midwife decide against the pessery instead leaving me over night to see if I would contract naturally. That had to be the worst night sleep ever, as I had very little fluid left it was uncomfortable to lie flat so I spent the night upright drifting of and waking up, I think I got about 2 hours very broken sleep that night, meaning that since my waters had gone Id had about 6 hours sleep total.
Just after 7am on tues 16th I was collected and taken to the delivery ward, I was checked again but was still only 1cm dialated, so the midwife broke my forewaters (it was my hind waters that had gone the day before) and tried and failed to get a line in for the drip. My worst nightmare as I am terrified of needles. She decided it would be better to wait for a doc rather than try again... it took two docs, 2 arms and 4 attempts to get the line in, by which point I was thouraghly peed off and agitated (and the bruising on my arms is unbelievable!). Over the next hour the contractions started getting stronger, they are hard to explain its like really bad period pains which come in a wave like fashion starting in your groin and moving up and over your bump, they made my hips hurt too. I managed this hour with no pain reliefe as they were controlable and about 10 mins apart. At 11am things started to move really quickly the pain was getting worse so I tried the gas and air, and hated it, it just maked me feel really spaced out and didnt really do anything for the pain, so the midwife asked if I wanted to see an anethatist bu I kept telling her I AM NOT HAVING AN EPIDURAL lol, instead I had a shot of diamorphine which kind of took the edge of but more just made me feel completely out of it. Things got really wierd for me then it all happend so fast I remember I kept drifting off and then a contaction would wake me, I had almost forgotten what was going on and I kept waking thinking "what the hell is going on and what is that pain!" The mw encoraged me back on to the gas and air, more to control my breathing than everything so all in all I was feeling really disorientated.
She must have checked me again at about 1pm and I was only 2cm dilated, I remember her saying it would probably be another 7-8hours, my response... "not a chance Im having this baby by 2pm!". About an hour later I could feel the pressure of the head, pushing down, with every contaction I needed to push and a could feel fluid shooting out, I kept saying to the midwife "you need to check me I can feel the head" she kept telling me I wasn't due another check for an hour or so but I insisted so she checked me and was suprised to find she could feel the head comming down, by this point I had been in extablished labour for 3hours 39mins. The pushing was hard and I was exhausted, I had my grandma holding up one leg and my OH holding the other because I didnt have the strength to do it myself, I got cramo at one point and was screaming at them to put my legs down and they kept saying the couldnt because when they did the head went back up, i thing my OH got a kick at that point lol. It seemed to take forever but finally I could feel the head by the entrance to my lady bits, that was the hardest part knowing that I was at the last hurdle but having no energy to jump it so to speek, I was so scared they were going to tell me they were going to have to use forcepts tho so somehow I kept going, I could feel her head wedge in my entrance, that hurt more than anything I cant explain it, but 3 big pushes and her head was out, a few more and her body followed. It was so sureal, it felt like it had taken hours but apparently that second stage only took 19minutes! There was no stopping her once she finally decided she was on her way!
So Tamara Ann was born on the 16th April at 14.46 weighing in at 7lb 9.5 oz with very little pain reliefe and just a small graze. And she is perfect! She didnt cry after birth until she had her vitamin K shot, but she was very alert taking everything in quietly.
Since then she has been an angel, we had to stay in for 24hours observations as there was more than 24hr between waters breaking and her delievery. Her first night she would have slept through if I had let her but I had to wake her to feed, with her going straight back to sleep as soon as she was done. That was a shock especially as we were on a ward with 3 other screeming babies (most of the night they screemed together) but whist I was being kept up by everyone elses bundles of joy mine slept soundly lol.
Unfortunatly her checks showed she has a heart murmur.... as you can imagin after watching my nephew have his operation just a week ago being told this broke my heart. They hosp was so good tho, I explained what I had litarly just gone through with Charlie and they got us down for an echo asap (the speciallist stayed on especially to get her seen to try and reduce my worries) The echo shows she has a 1mm hole in her ventrical wall, although the speciallist is confident this will fix itself very quickly we do have to go for another scan in 6-8 weeks to make sure it has.
So thats it, as much as I can remember. A few tips for you ladies, the Midwifes do know what there doing but don't ignor what your bodies are telling you be insistant if you have to. And after birth when you pee pour cold water down your lady bits, I completely forgot about the graze and when I went for my first pee (about 7 hours after giving birth) I went into orbit lol. And finally, yes labour does hurt a whole hell of alot but its true it is the most amazing experience and having my little girl here with me is truely a blessing that I cannot compare or describe!!!
I will try my best to keep up on here as you ladies as you welcome your LO into the world but first I need to catch up on some much needed rest. So for now I wish you the very best of luck and I am truely thankful for all your support and your company over the past few months.
Good luck every, lots of love Becky and Tamara xxx

Attachments

• 165407_455531037854953_1016138759_n.jpg
    165407_455531037854953_1016138759_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 544672_575764965790241_316677426_n.jpg
    544672_575764965790241_316677426_n.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 547523_10152751187500626_2021411710_n.jpg
    547523_10152751187500626_2021411710_n.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 560128_10152751186060626_2058110668_n.jpg
    560128_10152751186060626_2058110668_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2
Princess congratulations hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: Tamara is gorgeous :cloud9: i loved reading your story sounds like it was quite a lot to go through but with such a beautiful little bubs at the end im sure it doesnt feel like much at all :hugs: hope you manage to have a good long snooze hun and Tamara sounds like a very good little bubs :thumbup: hope her heart heals quickly hun :hugs: my sis had a hole in her heart too. Must have been a lot to take in after everything with your nephew thank goodness you had such a great doc that must have given you more confidence :) xxx

We'll have to create a group in the baby club bit so we can all stay in touch once all our bambinos are here :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->