End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Wow, now I have lots to catch up on!

Welcome to all the new ladies! :hi: Glad to have you here, and good luck!

Nica, Emski and Mom2Sam, glad to hear that O was confirmed! Wahoo! Now let's hope you caught it! :)

Mint, I'm sorry about your crappy cycle and all the confusing signs it's been giving you. :( I really hope you're able to O soon!

Ruby's, glad you were able to convince your hubby to BD! And super glad his antibiotics had cleared up enough that he was feeling well enough for it! Yay! FX that you caught that eggie!

I haven't even heard of The Strain. And it's zombie related?! How did that one get by me?? Sounds like I'm not missing out on much though. I sure do love The Walking Dead (and Norman Reedus in particular) as well, although I'm still kind only about 1/2 way through last season. :blush: It just got so boring for me last season! I hear it picks back up the 2nd half though. I just need to convince my hubby to pick it back up with me.

Mrs_Right, that's exciting that we're on the same dpo and that we're having similar symptoms! Oh, I so hope this means you'll be getting your BFP soon! (and me! Haha!) When do you plan on testing again? Sorry, so many pages of reading that I can't remember! Ok, just read that your symptoms have stopped. That doesn't necessarily mean anything though, don't give up hope!

Magrat, I get it on the marathoning being tiring. And that I never thought I'd say that. But man, it really can be! Good luck!

Bug, that sounds promising, I hope that's a BFP for you! :D

Bing and MnG, don't give up hope either! Lots and lots of women get their BFP w/o any symptoms. I have my FX for you ladies! And MnG, I hope that temp dip was implantation! But I don't know anything about temps so I don't know if it has to be under the cover line or not? :shrug:

Jules, I just started using opk's this month (and started pretty late into the cycle) so I'm not a lot of help with them. I was testing 2-3 times a day just because I had heard that sometimes you can miss it if you are just doing one time a day. Plus I was trying to get the feel for them, AND they were giving me really conflicting information. So that's what I did, but I can't really be a lot of help with them since I don't really know what I'm talking about with them. :haha:

Hum another question regarding opk OK my temps have confirmed o according to my ff I am 3 dpo maybe 2dpo why would I still be getting positives on digital I though I would try a internet cheapy to see what result I would get and a really clear positive even I could read it !!! I had my first positive Wed so going on 4 days now last month I had 2 days positive then straight back to negative any theory's

Jules- I got the wondfo opks from amazon this month. Since I've had my DD I always seem to get two lines, but when I got a positive the test line was so dark and showed before the control line. I just got the positive yesterday. I'm not sure when ovulation exactly is for me, so I just count the day I got the +opk as ovulation day. It just makes tracking easier for me. So I consider myself 1dpo today. I probably do it wrong though lol.

When we were trying for DD I got +opk on cd14 with a 28 day cycle. We BD that day and the next. So it seemed to work for me that time. I hope I've been helpful :)

Emski- So confusing, I have no idea ( so I am DEF gonna stop testing once I get the first positive cause this sounds crazy!) maybe you're releasing another egg? ( like how people have fraternal twins by releasing 2 eggs?) or maybe you geared up for ovulation but your egg didn't actually release and it is still trying to- although that would mean your ff is wrong and aren't temps the MOST accurate way to determine when your body does in fact release the egg.
Wish I could help as you have been helpful to me, but I have no clue. I would just bd again just in case if you're able!

Afm, I'm back to spotting again. :( I really think this just means that AF is right around the corner. I know it's still too early to know for sure, but I don't think this can be anything good. Boobs are still sore, still have a sore throat, still stuffy, and just feel kind of run down. Also kind of crampy. I think I probably just have allergies or am getting a cold, and the rest are probably pre-AF symptoms. :( Last cycle I spotted off and on for about 5 days before AF arrived, but w/o the rest of these symptoms. I guess that's what I'm doing again this time, but with the rest added in for fun! ;) If it follows last month's pattern, AF should arrive around Tuesday. That will give me a 24 day cycle this month, and will make AF arrive 8-9 days after O (with spotting starting 3-4 days after O). That doesn't seem promising for being able to sustain a pregnancy whenever it happens, isn't that too short between O and AF? :/

Jules- I got the wondfo opks from amazon this month. Since I've had my DD I always seem to get two lines, but when I got a positive the test line was so dark and showed before the control line. I just got the positive yesterday. I'm not sure when ovulation exactly is for me, so I just count the day I got the +opk as ovulation day. It just makes tracking easier for me. So I consider myself 1dpo today. I probably do it wrong though lol.

When we were trying for DD I got +opk on cd14 with a 28 day cycle. We BD that day and the next. So it seemed to work for me that time. I hope I've been helpful :)
Yes you have thanks! Regardless, I think we are going to bd all five nights next week, I should ovulate somewhere around AUg 20/21/22 I guess the opk will just give us some additional info. :shrug:
Yeah as for counting which day is o whether its the day of the pos or the day after, that's what I was not too sure about how others do it. I just gonna test like two days before AF, however many dpo that is!

Turtle: I'm only half way through the last season too. The Strain was kind of zombie like but more of a sci-fi demon like show.

Oh I forgot to add that I was testing twice a day as well with the opk.

@ turtle don't give up hoping till the witch shows her face !!!!

@ Julie hehe no worries my temps are increasing day on day so I am up to 36.67 and steadily climbing let's see if it carries on climbing tomorrow I will just carry on EOD I guess its just crazy to have this many positives specially after last month which was what you would expect and my cycles are 28 days spot on so I am not aware of any issues I'll just keep an eye on things oh god twins that would be a shock lol there are twins on my side and Hubby's side of the family !!!

Afm, I'm back to spotting again. :( I really think this just means that AF is right around the corner. I know it's still too early to know for sure, but I don't think this can be anything good. Boobs are still sore, still have a sore throat, still stuffy, and just feel kind of run down. Also kind of crampy. I think I probably just have allergies or am getting a cold, and the rest are probably pre-AF symptoms. :( Last cycle I spotted off and on for about 5 days before AF arrived, but w/o the rest of these symptoms. I guess that's what I'm doing again this time, but with the rest added in for fun! ;) If it follows last month's pattern, AF should arrive around Tuesday. That will give me a 24 day cycle this month, and will make AF arrive 8-9 days after O (with spotting starting 3-4 days after O). That doesn't seem promising for being able to sustain a pregnancy whenever it happens, isn't that too short between O and AF? :/

Oh no. Hope perhaps it stops and is not like your last cycle. If in fact AF comes only 8 or 9 days after o I do think that's kinda short.... think ideal is double digits, like at least a 10 day span so if fertilization does occur it has a chance to implant.
Boo why can't everyone have nice, normal, predictable cycles. What's the deal Mother Nature? I wish I had some useful info for you, but im not sure what tips to give to try to lengthen that... Surely there may possibly be something that can help! Has it just been this past cycle or two, or have you always been like this?
In any case, there's no way of knowing until AF actually arrives. Who knows, I had some pink stuff early as I had told you. Maybe it will stop! I'm gonna try to will it to go away for you

Turtle.. Didn't you say ( I could be wrong cause I read 80 pages of threads to catch up when I just joined in the other day!) that you just got off the pill and this is just your second cycle since? If this is true, I think that is probably playing a part. Often it takes multiple cycles to regulate in its own ( hormonally) so perhaps some things will change and settle out for you. Just my thought when I remembered that I had read you are just recently off BC. Hang in there girl!

Put me down for the 28th, that's when af is due, not sure if I can hold out that long for my first test, but I am going to try!!

Good morning! Wow this thread does move fast! I just tried to play catch up! :wacko: Think I'm good now. :lol:

Lots of testing coming up next week...so exciting! Fxd crossed for all.

As for all the opk and temping, i have no clue. Only used opk this month and don't temp. If I don't get bfp this month, then I plan to start. When should I start temping? Cd1? My body is still trying to return to normal after the d&c....so Monday will either bring a bfp or AF if my body is back. If neither happens, then my body is still obviously not back to normal. Or maybe it's a new normal.

As for symptoms...like you Turtle...I have all these symptoms. Thinking it's AF but not who knows at this point. Been cramping on and off now for a week or so; no spotting but tired for no reason. Boobs aren't sore but that's sorta normal. Sore throat now and stuffiness today. Ugh....

Bing - be careful with inhalers when TTC. Albuterol can cause serious birth defects. My doctor put me on singular - a pill I take daily which is safer and hopefully keeps me from needing my inhaler. So far so good.

Have a great weekend girls! I'm off to the peach festival and a friend's bday party later so if I miss anything (which I'm sure I will) I will catch up later.

Can't wait to start seeing some bfps here!! :dust:

Crosshairs!! :yipee: means O came a few days earlier than expected so still in with a chance. Didn't DTD on the best day but at least got it in during my fertile window.
Trying to keep up with this thread. I get a chance to read it all but can't always keep everything in my head to respond to everyone individually. :dohh: sending tons of :dust: to everyone and so looking forward to everyone testing this week.

Yay for crosshairs canadabear!

Have a lovely weekend MnG!

X

Sorry Bug :hugs: you're not out yet though. It's should destroying seeing that plain white window though x

I have avoided symptom spotting and testing, thinking about it much, I am impressed with myself :) af due in two days, if I had to tot up "symptoms" of either af or bfp I've had a seriously blocked nose, am exhausted, and none of my usual crampy twinges. Being a girl is tiring! Our cycles give such crazy symptoms every month, all different times of it.

Af due in two days....tick tock tick tock...:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->