Endo Sufferers!

Its so sad reading all these stories, you dont realise how many paople are suffering like yourself every month with this awful disease till you come somewhere like this. Congrats to the people expecting!!! xx

Hey ladies.

Im still waiting for my lap date but on a mission to lose weight in the mean time ... from looking on an endo site and diets etc im not really sure what to do because im not sure if its possible for me to cut everything out ... has anyone else changed there diet and has this helped? x x x x

I lost 4 kg in 2 monts...and have no pain at all...the problem is that my BMI is now so low I'm slightly "underweight" and this might cause trouble....
I must admit that I had a couple of milky drinks and a bread roll last month but no red meat....

Im finding that I cant cut everything out so this month I am exercising and eating healthier in an attempt to shift some pounds! will keep you all updated how I go. x x x Good luck to everyone for this month x x x

hello ladies im glad i found this post...... well i have anenomyosis its endo. but on the inside of my uteus if your not familiar with it. all the docs wanted to do was put me on b/c thinking i just had cramps well they were worse than cramps, they did ultra sounds over and over again, one doc just pushed on my stomache and said i was fine. well i finally got somewhat of a good doc that looked into it and said i have adenomiosis and showed me the ultrasound pic. he put me on megestrol which is progest. and gave me headaches and made me gain about 15 lbs. im in pain every day and now have a 55 day cycle but would like to concieve as im thinking of getting a hyst next yr..... this runs in my family but no 1 else really understands it not even my bf he just knows my tummy hurts ..... im only 21 and have been told it will be hard to get prego so its very hard on me it stresses me out every day any suggestions? thanks

Here's the info:
I have Unexplained to multifactoral sub fertility. What in the heck is that you ask?? It's unexplained because of the reasons unknown in conjunction to the multifactorial reasons...lol. All in all he said my endometriosis is the culprit.
The Least Aggressive option is IUI with clomid, with a Qualitive SA. With my unexplained/multifactoral infertility the success percentage rates are in the single digits. With just unexplained fertility they are in the 20-25% success rate.
The Most Logical option is Qualitive SA, and another Laparoscopy with laser removal as opposed to the cauterize I had last time. Lasers will get the deeper adhesions that he thinks are still there causing the brunt of my infertility. Then immediately following Lap#2 start clomid and do an IUI. Could even try 'naturally' afterward but IUI is higher success rate at 10-12% as opposed to the 'natural' route in single digit %'s.
A 'Natural' route including a Qualitive SA, Clomid, OPKs, and conception friendly lube. He feels this would be an OK option, however clomid taken over a course longer than 2 cycles can start to have the opposite and negative effect. This is by far the cheapest and least invasive, but the success rates are in the low single digits percentage-wise.

I have a lot to think about. I'll post this now, oh and I might be finally moving to LTTC, but I'll keep everyone posted if I do.

:wave: sma1588-
Is There Medical Treatment for Symptomatic Adenomyosis?

Frequently the moderately enlarged uterus is asymptomatic and no treatment is necessary. Temporary relief of very painful heavy periods can be achieved with GnRH agonists such as Lupron. These medications cause a menopause-like state with complete cessation of ovarian function and menses, causing the abnormal tissue to shrink. This temporary reversible state permits an anemic patient to restore a normal blood count, especially when iron supplements are prescribed. However, GnRH agonists are not easy to tolerate, causing menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes. Other consequences include weakening of the bones, alteration of the cholesterol profile (decrease in "good" cholesterol, HDL, and increase in "bad" cholesterol, LDL) For these reasons, this type of medical treatment is usually limited to six months. Upon cessation of GnRH treatment, the painful heavy periods tend to resume. GnRH agonists are also used to treat infertility associated with adenomyosis. There are a few anecdotal reports of successful pregnancies after a six to eight month course of GnRH agonists. One should be aware that such treatment may be successful in mild cases of adenomyosis but may fail in more severe cases. Progesterone is usually ineffective in the treatment of adenomyosis or, at best, is only temporarily and partially helpful. Similarly, birth control pills are ineffective or only temporarily and partially helpful. Levonorgestrel containing IUD helps relieve pain and heavy bleeding but only temporarily.

https://althysterectomy.org/adenomyosis.htm

I've researched but I'm finding conflicting info on having this condition while TTC. From it has nothing to do with infertility to needing to have IVF. I wish I knew more...I'll let you know if I get better info. :hugs2:

thanx meli....
ive asked my doc about treatments and thats what he prescribed me was the megestrol he did talk about putting me on the lupron but the things he was saying it would or wouldnt do for me i didnt want to take the chance, hes also saying getting preg would help me for the time being but if still in as much pain after just do the hyst........ my doc really is not much help as far as questions and ive looked up many things on this to but as u said they are hard to find and conflict with ttc..... thanx let me know if you come across more info please

Hello-
I am really glad I saw this group. I was diagnosed with endometriosis over a year ago, and it will actually be a year since I had laparoscopic surgery to remove some of it. For years I have had very bad AF cramps and never knew why until now. I have heard bad stories and good stores about women who are trying to conceive having issues because of endo. My hubby and I are trying for our 1rst. It has only been a couple of months, but my cycles are regular now. We are hoping for the best!

Wow.. i really need to get my sister on here. she has endo and her and her husband are try to concieve.. glad there are some more people out there like her.. im sure there are tons more! but im going to do my best to get her little but on here!

Do it!! At best, we can share info and stories!

Girls! I think I've done it!!!!! Please look at the Preg test gallery!

Shut UP!!!!! That is an awesome BFP lady!!!!!!

Lots and Lots of :dust: for a sticky one :)

Hey ladies I have done it too! I got my BFP!!! Lots of love and luck x x x

YESSS! Congrats Hope!!!! :hug:

:friends: bump buddy!!! :friends:

went to the doc today...the little cyst is still there...she said even though it's not absolutely necessary as the cyst is very small, she would like to do a lap just to confirm that it is endo and not a dermoid cyst;-( Well I told her no....I wouldn't let her...it's not causing any problems at present so I don't want to loose 3 months of ttc or an ovary if the doc turns out to be a butcher....anyway....ovulation day today...so...I've got work to do!!!!!!!:)

I'm with you B! I wouldn't want to have it removed either....you can do this!!!:dance:

Had my bloods done today, I'll have my next round on Friday morning to make sure things are going along.

All the very best to you ladies!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"