• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Engagement present ideas

shalagirl

Reaction score
Hi would appreciate any ideas. A work colleague is newly engaged and I need ideas for a gift. Here's some details to help. She is in her early 40's and owns her own home so doesn't really need the usual tuberware, house starting gifts etc. Want to give something she will actually want and use. Would spend up to £20 on the present. Anyone been given or gave a gift that might meet my criteria? Thanks for your ideas.

How about a wedding planner journal? We received one and it was a lovely gift and very useful!

Or a Dunelm Mill voucher or something so she can buy something 'homey' that she would like xx

Really boring but I'd just get really nice chocolates or something. We got given a money pot to save for the wedding, and later a marriage certificate holder and similar. All tack in my eyes, as much as I appreciated the gestures. That sounds so bitchy I don't mean that I didn't love them for the thought but the things themselves I didn't like. For an engagement I wouldn't say it's necessary to get anything at all though.

Thanks for the ideas. Was thinking of a wedding planner journal and have spotted one on amazon. Just don't know as with being off on maternity leave haven't heard all the ins and outs of the wedding plans yet it could be a small wedding or even aboard so she may not need to plan so much. Chocolate is a good idea would prefer something special good quality. Emyandpotato I totally get what you mean about tack and that's what I want to avoid. When my boy was born I got photo frames and baby record books which were very thoughtful but not to my taste. Off to find some good quality chocs maybe.

Lol I got given some very tacky teatowels when we got engaged, they were awful! But I did get a money pot and loved it :) xx

There's people on Facebook and craft sites that make plaques and things, maybe get her a countdown plaque where she can write how many days til her wedding?

I honestly didn't know people bought engament gifts :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->