Epic brownie recipe

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Thought it would be worth sharing. This came from a cookbook but not sure if I can name?

Anyway I am a SUCKER for brownies. I'm a brownie snob and usually complain that they aren't soft/rich/gooey/chocolatey enough. Only ones from Eat and GU have survived unscathed lol. Well this recipe is amazing and as I was sat last night nomming one and telling Ian that they were made of rainbows and kittens, they tasted that good, I realised I should pass it on lol.

You will need:
175g unsalted butter
325g caster sugar
130g plain flour
200g dark chocolate
3 eggs
Chocolate chips or chopped pecans (optional)
1-2 square baking tins
Greaseproof paper
With the food ingredients you really want to get the best possible ingredients that you can afford - particularly with the chocolate - also it's best to add the dry ingredients to the mixture quite quickly so I suggest pre-measuring the sugar and flour

Preheat the oven to 170degrees

• Chop the butter and chocolate into smallish pieces. Place into a large pyrex or glass bowl.
  • Fill saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Place bowl of butter and choc on top of the saucepan. It should sit on top and the bowl should NOT touch the water. You may need to tip some water out to ensure this is the case.
  • Stir occasionally until the butter and choc is fully melted and mixed together.
  • Once melted removed the bowl from the saucepan and give it a good mix.
  • IMMEDIATELY add the caster sugar in 3 additions. (Add a 3rd, stir until fully incorporated, add another 3rd, stir until fully incorporated etc) YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIFT
  • As soon as that is done do the same with the flour, adding in 3 additions. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIFT It will become rather stiff but you want to mix until flour is fully incorporated.
  • Add the eggs one at a time, mixing fully in between.
  • Once all eggs are added give it a good beat and hold the bowl to the light. It should have a sheen/fudgy look to it.
  • If you are adding chips or nuts add these now and mix in.
  • Line the baking trays with greaseproof paper. Pour the mixture into the trays. It should be about 1.5-2cm deep.
  • Place in the oven for 32 (this is exact - I've tried other times and this is best) minutes.
  • Once done remove from the oven but LEAVE in teh trays until cooled.
  • Slice while in tray and then remove.
  • Eat and enjoy. Nom nom nom

xx

*drool* totes giving this a try next week!!!

Thanks for sharing! I'd been looking for a brownie recipe xx

Oooo thank you for sharing! I've been looking for other sweet things for my neices birthday party as well as the cupcakes! This may just be it!

In the oven now. 32 mins and counting - will let you know how they turn out and what the builders make of them ;)

Did your builders like them love? I'm making more today... after all. I can get fat now. Hahaha xx

Aww congrats hon :)

Yeah they bloody did :rofl:

Need to come up with some variations though...

JJ and I are attempting this. It's in the oven right now - if the brownies taste half as nice as the mix does we'll be making these again:haha:

ETA They are NOMMMMMMMMMMM. We just had a glass of mik and brownies watching Elf (lol yes I know it's the end of January). I gave some to my sister and my neighbours too. Sister and her fella polished off the plate I gave them in 30 seconds flat!! Reckon that's a thumbs up:thumbup:

Thank you KV for the recipe :hugs::hugs:

I had a recipe for some amazing brownies, I know it roughly by heart but it's just easier for me to actually make them. but on my first batch I left them to cool in an fridge over night with half an onion in the fridge too. next morning all off them tasted and smelt of onion. so If any one gets a craving for onion but really want a chocolate fix theres your solution :)

Making these again today. Think it's the fourth time now lol. JJ absolutely LOVES them and will easily polish two off in close succession. Mind you, so can his mammy (and then some):haha::haha:

In the oven now :) will update on taste later lol we've been doing lots of baking recently and decided to come into this part to see if there was any recipes

Just made another batch of these but decided to add a tub of Philly Choc to it. They look and smell gorgeous will let you know how they taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->