Evap or start of BFP??

MrsWhite

Reaction score
I have a question about a test I took this morning, with a FRER, SMU (first was at 3 am and didn't feel like testing), and the urine was so dark that the window was yellow; within the time limit I thought I could see something but only at certain angles. After the time limit you could still see the second very very very faint line but it looked like it had some color to it but so faint it is hard to say for certain. Now that the test has dried the window is white and you can see pink to the second line but it is very very very faint still. My question is, is that a start of a BFP or an evap? I know after the time limit it isn't necessarily good to look at it, but I feel like in the time limit the damn test was so yellow I couldn't have seen pink unless it was a blaring BFP. Any thoughts? Obviously I just need to test again but wondering if anyone has had this happen before.

Can u post a pic?

I would think anything that has pink colour to it may mean the start of a bfp... but always better to retest

I agree, sounds like a bfp.
I tend to do really long holds at times, like 6-7 hrs with NO drinking at all ( usually while I'm cooking lol) and I know it is very hard to see anything faint with very concentrated urine.
I get that the manufacturers need to have a cutoff time in the instructions but I know for a fact lines I have barely seen in the past while the test is still wet, are easier to see once they dry.
If the line doesn't turn pink UNLESS hcg is detected, then the test drying shouldn't cause the line to suddenly respond to hcg if it isn't there.
Also, I don't know of many frer false positives...can't even recall any that were truly pink.
Maybe test again tomoro with fmu??

I would but you really can't see the line at all in photos, as my camera on my phone won't focus so I'm having a hard time getting a good photo. I am just thinking I should discount it for now so as not to get my hopes up and test in a couple days. I just took another one but it's obviously not going to be as concentrated as it was this morning, that was an obvious BFN. I'll test again in the morning most likely but if I can hold off I'll try my best to wait until Monday.

I tried to post the best photo I could get but the website isn't working well with my phone. Thanks for the replies; I agree in that if it is pink it really doesn't make sense that an eval would turn pink, so i think it might darken up, but I really wish I could get a good pic on here so you could see what I'm talking about. I feel like when I was pregnant with my son and my daughter both times I had a questionable line at first, and then the next day it darkened up enough to tell. So frustrating! I wish I was one of those women who could just wait until they missed their period.

MsWhite
I have a crappy phone at the moment, but found while in picture mode I can touch a section of the pic to make the phone focus on that area, and get good pics.
Anytime I let the phone autozoom, it chooses the wrong darm part of the photo to emphasize...very annoying.
Sometimes it won't focus on lines, so I get it to focus on the lettering on the test.
Hope it helps.

So that second test I took that initially looked obviously negative now looks obviously positive, faint but definitely there, not even a squinter, and pink. So definitely outside the range for reading but I have never heard of FRERs giving evaps much less pink ones. So I am thinking I have the start of a BFP just maybe it is slow to show for some reason? I'm testing again in the morning with FMU so hoping that I get an obvious BFP (WITHIN THE TIME FRAME) this time haha!

Sounds like a very good start!
:dust: and :hugs:

MrsWhite keeping an eye on this post and my fingers crossed for u! Goodluck and lots of baby dust!!!

Well let's see if this pic uploads but this was this morning...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 24
It looks a bit pinker in person, for some reason the pic doesn't look quite the same as in person.

And this time it was within the time limit! Yay!

I see it!! most of the time I am no good at spotting lines but I can see this one!!!

Congrats mama that's a definite BFP !! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months ;)

:happydance:Congrats MrsWhite!! I see it no problem!

DEFINITE BFP!!! :thumbup::happydance::happydance:

Congrats Mrs White so happy it turned out good for u!:flower:

Hope that line gets stronger and stronger!

Thanks, ladies! I am super excited, but really nervous at the same time, as I suffered a MMC last pregnancy. I'm sure it was a one time occurrence but it still makes it hard to get too excited quite yet. Hope you all get your BFPs very soon!!!

Awesomeness, MrsWhite!!! Congratulations!!! :) I am super happy for you!

Also, I am almost in the same situation! Hopefully where you are by tomorrow! Got a very, very faint and thin pink line yesterday, and a stronger faint pink line today. I had a very difficult time getting a good photo of it too!! It is A LOT more pronounced and pink when you see it in person. No doubt about it. But also been afraid that it was evaps. Now after reading your thread I am even more positive it's not!

Cheers and Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!! :)

Here is mine from this morning:
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-images219163

FertileFlower, when I go to click on the link it says unauthorized access and no photo to show. But it sounds like a BFP to me! Hopefully tomorrow will yield more assuring results! Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes :)

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test446399

Trying it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->