Expecting #1 and over 30

3 weeks until I have my second ultrasound, when I´ll get to find out the gender.

I sort of feel like I´ve eaten a first, second and third course, and am being force fed cake for dessert these days. Feel so BIG :D

So doc appt went well! He looked in On my cervix and it looked fine and did a vaginal u/s to make sure everything was good and it was. Lil peanut was moving around like crazy and even turned its head and looked right at us!! Awesome :)

Sounds fantastic! :thumbup:

Im 4 1/2 weeks now...Hcg yesterday was 213, up from 42 on Friday..so it is doubling but Im worried the numbers are low. My clinic didnt seem to worry. How was everyone elses?? Oh god..im goin to be a nervous mom..

I haven't seen my doctor yet so not sure about levels. Got an appointment on Friday, I'm still doing hpt's each morning as AF would be due tomorrow and I'm understandably nervous but they're getting darker everyday.
I have got the itchiest skin ever though! From my scalp to my feet and everything in between, my face, neck, arms, back, tummy everything. I'm a little bloated on my tummy and boobs are a little tender but that's it so it's not stretching skin. Any ideas on what it could be or what I can do about it? It's driving me mad!

Im 4 1/2 weeks now...Hcg yesterday was 213, up from 42 on Friday..so it is doubling but Im worried the numbers are low. My clinic didnt seem to worry. How was everyone elses?? Oh god..im goin to be a nervous mom..

My levels were low too...that part doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters is that they are doubling/going up. SO you're set!!!!

I'm off to finish packing and to Cali...I'll try to read and write more if I have down time at the airport.

:hug: to all my expecting girls!!!!

Have fun, Chez! And btw, I'm hanging onto every word you wrote here. My back is still really hurting, but my brand new heating pad, which I will carry everywhere I go, is really helping!

Pbl - the back pain will subside a bit after your uterus stretches to adjust. It will pick up later when the bean will be growing big but it can be a pain early on. I did very gentle stretches to try to soothe it. And made my DH rub my back too! He's gotta do some of the work toward this :winkwink:

Have fun, Chez! And btw, I'm hanging onto every word you wrote here. My back is still really hurting, but my brand new heating pad, which I will carry everywhere I go, is really helping!

Pbl - the back pain will subside a bit after your uterus stretches to adjust. It will pick up later when the bean will be growing big but it can be a pain early on. I did very gentle stretches to try to soothe it. And made my DH rub my back too! He's gotta do some of the work toward this :winkwink:

Thanks!

I thought about a heating pad but then wondered if the heat is safe for the bean. I know we're not allowed in hot tubs...but I think that's to prevent our overall body temp from getting to high. I bet heating pads are fine - I'd check into it though if you haven't already! GL and FX it goes away soon! :kiss:

Yes, I did read about this:
https://www.justmommies.com/articles/heating-pads-pregnancy.shtml

So, I'm doing 30 minutes on/30 minutes off, not on high heat. I think it's better to use a heating pad than to take tylenol every 4 hours!

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have been mia lately! Work has been crazy busy and I am just so tired when I get home! All I am doing is work, eat, sleep!!
Had my first scan Saturday and everything looks good! Measurements were all good putting me exactly where FF did! Heartbeat was amazing to hear and is good at 165bpm. So it is all starting to feel a bit more real! Told my mum and dad and sis - they were shocked, they never thought we wd want kids and we hadn't told anyone we were trying! But pleased- I think!! Telling DH parents this weekend when we go to the lakes to see them.
Starting to get more of a bump now but that is mainly bloat! Feel so sluggish and yuck at the moment - couldn't face the gym today but I am trying not to beat myself up about not going!

Glad you are all doing well and welcome to the new ladies!!

xx

Clarkey My levels started out low too! They weren't nervous but i was super nervous. As Chezek said as long as they are rising you are set :thumbup:

Joey Glad everything went well. I loved telling the parents, it's my parents first grandchild so that was x-tra special. The rest of our family still doesn't know yet, but we will tell them after our appointment next week.

Chezek I just knew everything would be ok. Major props to your dh for calming you. Have a great trip to Cali. I'm quite jealous. :winkwink:

pbl I sure hope your back gives you a break soon.

Pilot I can't wait to hear what you are having? What do you think you are having?

Clarkey My levels started out low too! They weren't nervous but i was super nervous. As Chezek said as long as they are rising you are set :thumbup:

Joey Glad everything went well. I loved telling the parents, it's my parents first grandchild so that was x-tra special. The rest of our family still doesn't know yet, but we will tell them after our appointment next week.

Chezek I just knew everything would be ok. Major props to your dh for calming you. Have a great trip to Cali. I'm quite jealous. :winkwink:

pbl I sure hope your back gives you a break soon.

Pilot I can't wait to hear what you are having? What do you think you are having?

I have no idea.
There are a lot of theories in my and OH´s family. Girl/boy/twins...
I will know in 3 weeks.

Thanks everyone!! Do you remember what your levels were at each DPO?

Has anyone lost their appetite? I had a couple of biscuits with a cup of tea about 7:30am then only just had a fizzy drink and the only thing that has taken my fancy is a bowl of custard and some grapes its now nearly 5:30pm. Is that odd or is it normal to hardly eat? I'm 4weeks today.

Has anyone lost their appetite? I had a couple of biscuits with a cup of tea about 7:30am then only just had a fizzy drink and the only thing that has taken my fancy is a bowl of custard and some grapes its now nearly 5:30pm. Is that odd or is it normal to hardly eat? I'm 4weeks today.

Right around the four week mark there were two days I really couldn't eat. Now I'm eating fine, and learned the hard way that it's important to eat OFTEN. I had very little for breakfast, and nearly passed out when I couldn't eat until 11:30.

I´ve been gaining weight like crazy for my entire first trimester.
I´m already 11kg´s (24lbs) heavier than when I got pregnant.
I´m trying to slow down the process a bit, so I cut out all white wheat and all sugar (except for little treats each saturday).
A nice side effect is, that I´m not nearly as bloated as usually and feel loads better in the evenings :)

Poppy I hardly ate for two weeks cause my ms was so bad in the beginning! I lost 6lbs and my doc said thst was fine. For another week all I could stomach was bread w cheddar cheese and my doc said not to worry about it as long as I was taking my prenatal I'd be fine. So for the first 12 weeks, don't worry about your bean starving or anything - do whatever makes you feel best!!! Just make sure to drink.

So I bought my first pair of maternity jeans today. They were on sale and SO comfy that I couldn't resist!!!! I can't wait to wear them tomorrow :happydance: I tried a Bella band type thing (different brand) and it was kind of weird. Hopefully just that brand wasn't nice as I'd like to continue to wear my reg jeans for atleast another month!

Chezek I love mine, they are super comfy! Of course, I already can't fit in any of my jeans and I didn't care for the band either so I went for maturnity jeans, much better. How's the trip going? I'm super jealous over here :winkwink:

Pilot Thought I was the only one gaining weight so quickly. I've added another few miles a day to my walk to try and keep it under control, all I want is crap food and mostly Mexician right now.

We are under an ozone alert and it''s nasty here. I never thought I would say I'm ready for winter but I sure am right now!

Pbl and Poppy When are your first appointments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->