Expecting #1 and over 30

Zee The cramps are completely normal, hang in there girl. FX'd that ms passes you by. Thanks for the congrats. It's been such a long stressful process I'm ready to be moved and settled in.

Poppy Wow time is moving so fast, I can't believe your 12 week scan is tomorrow already. GL girl don't forget to keep us posted!

Chezek I hope that doesn't happen, I would be so heart broken after all of this time we have waited we had to wait some more. My parents talked me into telling them earlier than Thanksgiving so we are doing it the Sunday after we find out. My sister decided to go to Holland for Thanksgivng so it actually will work out better. I am doing cake pops, teal and hot pink ones with black question marks on them and having a friend of mine take the picture of everyone biting into them to get their reactions. I didn't realize you were waiting too, are you giving the store the box with the balloons and the envelope? Only a few more days until your scan! So nice to have someone to count down with. Only 9 more days for me. :coffee:

Clarkey I can't believe you are at 12 weeks too. WOW! Are you going to find out if your LO is blue or pink?

Chezek Are you going to add the teams next our names? I think you should :thumbup:

We have a friend helping us out. She's going to open the envelope, get the balloons in the right color and put them in the box. Then, she'll meet us with the sealed box in a nearby park for a photo shoot I'll set up - she'll just have to press the button on the camera, which will be on a tripod. So hopefully everything will work out! Now it's time to pray for a cooperative bean at the ultrasound on Wed and good weather for the shoot!

Your cake pop idea sounds delicious Breezy! And I'm glad you get to do it earlier so you don't have to stress about spilling the beans!! I'll add our team colors to the front page as soon as I get some. I will put pilot at yellow but I haven't heard from many folks...even not sure I have the correct due dates for all!

Chezek- so excited to hear about your reveal. A few of my friends did the balloon reveal. Only another few days!! let us know when you can. yeah!!! Also I will post pics when my hubby sends them to me from his iphone. Hopefully in the next day or two.

Gypsy- I didnt have implantation bleeding but a friend of mine did and it was around 6-8DPO, but i know it could happen early. she also just had a gush of red blood and a pain in her stomach but a few hours later it was gone. Sounds just like yours. :hugs:

Zee- yeah for HCG levels!! :happydance:

Breezy- the spotting has stopped thanks. And yes i cant believe i am 12 weeks, heading into 2nd tri. We are going to find out if it is a pink or blue. Hopefully in the next 4-5 weeks..seems so far away. Also let us know about your reveal, so exciting.

AFM, My scan went sell. babe is measuring to date and HR is 160s. We have some great pics. Cant believe it looks just like a baby and is only 6cm long. I havent heard back from the DR regarding my screening and bld tests. Hope to hear today or tomorrow. Praying everything is good. Hubby thought he saw a little penis...umm not yet.. but obviously he would like a boy..lol. We would be happy with either, just healthy!

Wow great reveal ideas guys! I'm definately going to find out when the little bean is old enough. I hate suspense.

Breezy - thanks. I know you told me about the cramps before but helps to hear it again.

mrschezek -My EDD according to FF is 17 June 2013. Will let you know once the doc does another scan and confirms.

Thanks Clarky. Glad the scan went well.

DH is starting to get into things now that I explained the HGC doubling means baby is growing well and (likely) in the right place. I guess I scared him a bit because I didn't want him to get his hopes too high too soon. I'm not used to him being excited over anything!

He took my first bump pic. I wrote "week 4 - Poppyseed" on a white board and I so I had to explain the baby size fruit connection at various stages. I think he liked being able to have a referance for what was going on inside me.

Hope you all doing well - Hugs

Zeez I've added your EDD to the first post :) Let me know if it changes!

I can't believe 7 of us are due in March! What was in the air in June, huh???

I spent a couple hours driving around trying to get my paws on a large cardboard box and failed :nope: :cry: I finally called a U-Haul and found out they have some large boxes for sale but they closed before I could get to them. Hopefully, I'll be able to buy something on Wednesday morning and then I'll only have that afternoon to decorate it as my friend needs all the stuff by Wednesday night.

I'll be out looking at houses all day tomorrow - 5 back to back appointments so won't be popping by most likely, but I'll be lurking on my iPhone :flower:

Zee I'm miss forgetful these days! I may even tell you again :haha: I went through the same thing with my DH, so glad you have found a way to relate. My sd loves the terms, I send her a text every Saturday morning with a picture of what size the baby is ex. this week I sent her a pic of a sweet potato. So fun!

Chezek We were all pretty busy :sex: in June I guess. :winkwink:
GL on house shopping today. If you were close we have a million big boxes since we are moving, I would have shared with you! I'm so excited for your reveal. I forget (go figure) do you think you know what it is?
It is such a relief we are telling sooner, I don't think I'm going to be able to talk to my family at all from Tuesday when we find out until that Sunday. I thought about keeping it like you are but I just can't do it. :wacko:

Clarkey What a relief, so glad the spotting is gone, buh bye worries :wave: Men can be so funny! The 2nd tri just around the corner, it always seems like forever but it goes so fast.

Only 1 more week!!! :happydance: I can't wait.

So the big day is finally going to be here tomorrow! I doubt I'll be sleeping much :dohh: Tho I only got 6.5 hours of sleep last night so perhaps sheer exhaustion will kick in :flower: I think we might move the reveal to Thursday, as long as my friend doesn't get called into work. It's normally her off day but she's a doctor so sometimes she gets called in anyway. So FX!

For now, I'll just focus on praying that bean cooperates tomorrow and gives us something to reveal!!! :happydance:

Breezy - I really love you cake reveal idea. I would totally steal it if we weren't staying team yellow.

Mrs Chezek - I hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow and your bean cooperates! As my DH is a photogragher I really like your reveal idea too! I hope everything goes well on the day of the shoot.

I did have a scan at 20 weeks where we could have found out the gender but have chosen to stay team yellow. I will be 26 wks tomorrow (almost in 3rd tri!!). I have my GD test next week, so hoping all goes well with that.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I tried to upload my pics but having problems. i will try to figure it out:wacko:

Chezek- Oh my im anxious with you. yes do the reveal on thursday and let us know right away!!:happydance:

Sam- thats exciting...3rd tri. wow. Im heading into my 2nd.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=497889&stc=1&d=1350481251

Attachments

• 12 week belly.jpeg
    12 week belly.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 12 week baby.jpeg
    12 week baby.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO Chezek, hope they get a good shot of that bean today! I am restless with you! I really hope you get to do the reveal tomorrow. FX'd! I can't wait. :happydance:

Clarkey I love your pics! I never did figure it out so I gave up. :wacko: I haven't gotten to see my little shamrock since 8 weeks, I'm so ready!

Thanks Sam I found these super cute ones on pinterest, i can't take credit for it :haha: I couldn't imagine not knowing, good for you guys the surprise will be that much bigger when he/she arrives.

I mailed my sister 2 envelopes yesterday, one labeled #1 and the other #2 with pink and blue question marks on them. Inside I put a mini hersheys bar, 1 I highlighted the "she" in pink and the other the "he' in blue so I'll just tell her what # to open and she can open them when the rest of the family is biting into their cake pops. :thumbup:

thanks breezy! Such a cute idea for your sister. I should do this for my brother who lives away from home :)

thanks breezy! Such a cute idea for your sister. I should do this for my brother who lives away from home :)

Thanks! You are welcome to steal any of them. :flower:
It's hard having siblings out of town and I wanted to include her at the same time as everyone else but couldn't ship her a cake pop and it get there ontime since we find out Tuesday, I didn't want to take any chances she would't get it by Saturday to have something there with her to surprise her too.

clarkey - how did your scan go? share your pics! We all love pics :hugs:

gypsy - no implantation bleeding for me either :nope: Sending you lots of :dust:!

Zeez - yay for doubled hCG! When is your next appointment? How are you feeling? Other than over the moon of course :kiss:

Breezy - yeah Wednesday is the big day! We won't find out until the weekend though as we're going to do a reveal photo shoot. I'll definitely post here asap! Haven't figured out how to surprise our families with the news though…we want to do something fun and special but not sure 100% what yet. Funny the eye test I heard about has you look at the veins on the bottom part of your whites and there should be hooks rather than a Y or V. I remember someone posting a link to this on one of my threads but can't find it anymore. I think I have 2 hooks in my right eye…I'll check again to see if there are any Ys or Vs! :haha: It is fun to guess…I just hope our scan is clear as day and we aren't left guessing still!!!!! :dohh: Good luck practicing the art of distraction over the next 11 days :winkwink: Hope it flies by for you!

And congrats on almost being all moved into the new house…we just kicked off the house search - going to look at 5 houses on Tuesday but we don't *love* any of them so it's more of a 'start'…we're also test driving cars as DH needs a baby friendly car and we need a second all wheel drive for the winters here on the east coast. So that is exciting as well…life is good right now :happydance: I'm definitely feeling blessed!

How are all the other girls on here?? Keeping busy :flower: Any scans coming up?

Pilot - I know you're staying team yellow and said you'd be away. Hope all is well! I'm thinking of you :hugs:

sam - did you have your anatomy scan yet?

ttc1st and sportys, your scans should be coming up around Breezy's scan. Hope you are all well :hugs:

:hug: to those lurking and popping by!! We miss you :flower:

Hey guys.
I can´t stay away anymore :)
So I´m back (just 2 threads though).
Team blue over here. Little Þorgeir likes kicking away.

Welcome back Pilot! So happy to see your post. We are so lucky you chose us to come back too. Congrats on the team :blue: :happydance: You are the first person we have got to find out what team you are. :thumbup:

:hugs:

sam79 - I've added you to team :yellow: Glad you popped by! I can't believe you're at 26 weeks already - good luck with the GD test. :hugs: Let us know how it goes!

clarkey - you have to make sure the images are no wider/longer than 600 pixels and no bigger than 512 KB which is quite small. Some people choose to upload the pics to Photobucket and insert it into their post that way. But I see you've figured it out!!!! Lovely bump and scan image!!! Such a little cutie you've got there :happydance:

Breezy - great idea to include your sister! I feel bad as DH's sister lives in Alabama but the rest of the family is in Houston. So we're planning to order them a reveal cake for the Houston contingent over the weekend but I wasn't sure how to include his sister! Maybe I'll send her a little care package of some kind too…

pilot!!! yay you're back :happydance: And you found out the gender!! I thought for some reason you were staying :yellow: This baby brain stuff is hitting me hard :dohh: Congrats on team blue!!! And I ditto Breezy in that I'm glad we made the cut and you're back on here :winkwink:

SO now about my scan…there's lots of good news and a tiny bit of bad so I'll do good-bad-good to end on a happy note :flower:

The sonographer was great and took a lot of time looking at the baby from every angle. Bean had flipped onto her tummy at one point so we were looking at everything through it's back, which she said is a harder angle, but she was very patient and worked around it. She was also super nice and explained what we were looking at in each shot. All the parts were there and in their correct places and sizes for 20 weeks. :yipee:

She was also able to get a good look at the nether parts (we turned away for this part) and we have the gender details in an envelope ready for our reveal :happydance: SO I'll be meeting up with my friend tonight to hand her the envelope and we'll iron out the details of when we'll do the reveal - hopefully tomorrow!!!

As I mentioned, we also got a bit of sad news - she found an echogenic intracardiac focus on the baby's heart. Basically, it's a little calcium deposit which has no impact on health or heart function but has been noted as a genetic marker for trisonomy. When we did the screening earlier in the pregnancy, there was a 1 in 6000 chance of chromosomal issues (my age being the main contributor to it being at that), but now it's been doubled (so 1/3000). They offered us the option of the amnio test but we declined. We would not abort over this so there's no point. I'm sad as of course I want the healthiest baby possible but I'm trying to rationalize with myself as this is still only a .03% chance of any abnormalities. So I'll be praying a bit more over the next few months.

Then, to end on a good note as promised, we opted to have the extra vaginal ultrasound to check the cervix and look for placenta previa and everything looked great there. No placenta previa for me! That definitely answers my previous worries of incompetent cervix issues arising and I'm glad we had that option to check it out. :wohoo:

SO all in all, it was a very good appointment - baby is growing well, (s)he cooperated on the gender check, my cervix looks good and there's no placenta previa. Attached are two images from the scan.

Attachments

• 20wk_body.jpg
    20wk_body.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20wk_profile.jpg
    20wk_profile.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 4
Chezek Glad to hear about your appointment. .03% is barely any at all. Can't wait to hear about your reveal. I say girl but I have since the beginnning, I don't know why :shrug: I would have busted the envelope open already, so wtg for waiting. I'll be waiting for you as well. :coffee:

The days are going by sooooooo slow. Come on Tuesday! :wacko:

Yeah Pilot, you're back!! Team blue!! wow, exciting! When did you find out? Does your family know??

Chezek- i replied to your preg journal. You have a little cutie as well :)

Im so excited for everyone finding out the gender...Feels like forever till my turn:wacko: I know it will go by fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->