Expecting #1 and over 30

Yay breezy - congrates! So happy for you :wohoo: :pink:.

Mrschezek - great news about the markers. The risk was always small but now you can relax a bit.

Sasha - the cramps are scary I know. I was suprised by them and after some research found out it was very normal but no one warns you about them. My next scan is on the 21st and I can't wait. I really don't feel pregnant yet - maybe hung over (tired, achey and just a bit quesy).

It seems like the first trimester is just one long tww - hoping you're (still) pregnant. Someone should invent a stick that tells you your Hgc levels so you could see them raising every week and know lil bean is ok. They would make a fortune on me alone:blush:

I know the feeling Zeez...I have no other symptoms then sensitive boobs...So I keep squeezing the girls just to make sure they are still sore...lol…I guess I should be thankful that I am not throwing up but I guess it would be a symptom…I am tired but I was tired before BFP because of my thyroid so who knows…

Joey - hi, sorry I didn't see your post before I put my last one up.

Sam - I didn't know you could use one this early but will look into getting hold of one. Can't wait for I'll bean to start moving.

Sasha - I know, we should be happy that we are so lucky so far. Not looking forward to m/s from what I've heard.

Zeez/Sam - my understanding is that you can't hear the heartbeat through a doppler until 16 weeks - can anyone else chip in? I've never used one though so I can't speak from personal experience but my doc didn't start using one until after 18 weeks…

Joey - yay for seeing your lovely face! I hope you stop by more often :hugs: So you're team :pink: too??? Did you have your anatomy scan already?

AFM, awesome day today - for the first time a total stranger asked me when I was due - I finally look pregnant!!!! :happydance: It was super cool and I'm sure it will get old but still…woo hoo! :yipee:

Chezek/Zeez - My dr. 1st used a doppler on me at 14 wks. However, in various threads I have read that some people have been able to find a hb at around 8/9 wks. As I've never used one I don't have any personal experience to offer. Sorry if I have given any misleading info.

Chezek - Yay! For a stranger asking when you are due! The first time is really exciting!

Zeez/Sam - my understanding is that you can't hear the heartbeat through a doppler until 16 weeks - can anyone else chip in? I've never used one though so I can't speak from personal experience but my doc didn't start using one until after 18 weeks…

Joey - yay for seeing your lovely face! I hope you stop by more often :hugs: So you're team :pink: too??? Did you have your anatomy scan already?

AFM, awesome day today - for the first time a total stranger asked me when I was due - I finally look pregnant!!!! :happydance: It was super cool and I'm sure it will get old but still…woo hoo! :yipee:

Finding a heartbeat on a Doppler can be tricky.
Some women can hear it from week 8, while others have to be closer to week 20, depending on where the baby is positioned.
My boy was so low in my pelvic frame, that it was difficult to hear anything before week 16.

Nice about getting asked by a stranger for the first time. I´ve looked pregnant for a while now, and now the questions are getting are: "any day now?" and such ;)

Breezy-:happydance: Congrats on the team pink!! YEAH!! You must be on :cloud9:

Chezek- Thats exciting getting noticed that you are actually pregnant!! So happy the Dr isnt worried about the babies heart :)

Zee/Sam- i heard that the HB can be heard also around 9-10 weeks. My Dr heard my LO HB with a doppler at 11 weeks..guess it depends on the babies position. Mine was very faint though.

Still no spotting for me but had a fever a couple days ago...geez. My OB made me go to the ER again. im becoming a regular, but better safe then sorry. At least my hubby was able the see the u/s this time and LO had the hiccups..so cute. I feel that bedrest is making me feel more sick as I can't do much and don't have any energy. Not fun!

MrsChezek I had an early anatomy scan as my nephew (DH side) was born with an imperforate anus which is linked to spina bifida so we wanted to get the bump checked. The sonographer said she could tell the sex and seemed quite confident!! I hope she is right and it is a girl as my sister has just spent a fortune on pink outfits!!!!

How amazing that someone asked you MrsC about when you were due - that is so nice! I still look like I have just had a big meal!!!!!

My midwife used a Doppler/heart rate monitor on me at 14 weeks and we heard a clear heart beat. I was having a bit of a panic this week just thinking as I had not felt her move there must be something wrong so I bought a monitor from amazon. It came yesterday and after a bit of messing about I managed to hear her heart beat!! Which was a massive relief - so now if I get worried about her I can just listen for her heart beat!

Yeah the upside of dopplers is being able to hear the baby's heartbeat when you're feeling unsure, but the downside is the panic that comes with not being able to find it!! Which of course could just be the machine or your lack of experience using it :dohh: Which is why I stayed away...I knew that if I couldn't' find it, I'd panic and that wouldn't' do me any good. But we're all different and different things work for us!!! Plus, I have an anterior placenta so it's definitely harder to find my LO's heartbeat.

I received my first baby gift today, from a friend I haven't seen in a couple months. We met up for dinner and she said she couldn't resist getting something pink after I announced the gender news. I guess it's starting!!! Better get moving on making that registry :winkwink:

Clarkey - hope you feel all better soon!!!! :hugs:

Joey - glad you got things checked out and all looked good! :happydance: I've updated you to team :pink: on our front page :flower:

Woo hoo poppy! Isn't that the coolest feeling? :wohoo: Congrats on the milestone :hugs:

SO I took another belly shot this morning and updated my journal with a new set of progression shots. Link is in my siggy if any of you are interested. It's crazy how much my body has changed! Exciting at the same time though :happydance:

Hello! :hi:

Got quiet this weekend - everyone busy doing fun things I hope?? I was busy preparing for Frankenstorm which we're in the direct path of...we're all set so now it's just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. I also felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions over the weekend. I'm glad I heard about them before I felt them as I probably would have freaked out. Not painful, more like muscle cramps and they release once you move around.

Looking forward to sportys gender update today! :happydance:

If we lose power tonight, I might go off the grid but I'll use my phone to let you all know that's the case. Hope everyone is safe!!

Yes that storm...ugh. Im in southern Ontario, waiting to see. Hope to not loose power here as well. Stay safe!

Poppy - Congrats on the milestone of announcing on Facebook!

MrsC and Clarkey - Stay safe!

Clarkey - whereabouts in Southern Ontario do you live? I use to live in Vancouver, BC. My BIL and SIL live in Ottawa & I have friends that are in Burlington.

Wow mrschezek - BH contractions already!

Stay safe everyone that is in the storms path.

Phew.
Bird is home.
OH is home.
I´m home.
Our stuff should be here soon, so we´re basically just relaxing and enjoying doing stuff together this week.
OH starts work on Thursday, and then we´re probably moving our stuff in on Saturday. :happydance:

Braxton Hicks have started, and I probably have PPGP (pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain). It´s complete hell. It hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, and it hurts to walk... I have a support belt that helps, but it only works for so long.

i live in Toronto area Sam! Not much damage to our house after the storm, just water leakage through our patio doors. How are you Chezek?

Pilot- Wow glad you made it safe and sound!! Try to rest and let hubby do the work if your not feeling great. Hope those BHC stay away.:hugs:

Hi. Just a quick note to say that we're ok just haven't had power since Monday. Preserving phone battery so got to go but more details on my journal if interested! xx

Glad you guys are safe! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey guys. Status update here :)
28 weeks down, 10-14 to go :)

Getting quite large, and here is my latest bump picture
28w.jpg

Next midwife appointment on Tuesday, and I have my glucose tolerance test too then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->