Expecting #1 and over 30

Wow so much has happened here recently!!

Clarkey - Congrats on finding out that you are team :blue: That's wonderful news!

Preg_Pilot - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I don't know how you are managing it all, pregnancy, moving and a wedding, wow!! Looking forward to seeing your pictures from the scan the other day. I've been doing prenatal yoga too and my yoga instructor also includes some active birth yoga in the class which I really enjoy.

Smimms - good luck with your gender scan today. You will have to let us know how it goes.

MrsChezek - Congrats on being 26 wks and almost in the 3rd tri. 2nd tri felt like it took forever for me but 3rd tri feels like it is going rather quickly. Good luck with your scan. Hope you get confirmation that it's a little girl.

sasha - Lovely names that you have chosen. My dh and I have a short list but can't seem to make a final decision.

AFM All is going well. I Had my 32 wk OB appointment on Monday and bub's head is down, which is good. My LO seems to moving constantly which is reassuring that everything is alright. My dh loves that he can both see and feel our LO moving around in there. I think I've dropped, but I'm not sure how obvious it when you drop.

What does it mean "to drop"? It never ceases to amaze me how much I don't know about pregnancy :dohh: and I am glad to be here and learn about it all on these threads!!!

Thanks everyone!! We are so excited!!

Chezek- Yah for scan Friday and 26 weeks. Wow thats crazy. I cant believe I am almost 19 weeks but i am looking forward to getting into the 3rd tri as well!:happydance: "Drop" means your belly might have moved from a more perky to a lower "hanging" position which usually means baby is getting ready for delivery. Doesnt mean the baby will come right away, maybe in a few weeks.

Simms- Good luck with ur scan. Sooo, what is the final gender answer?

Sam-your LO is just getting ready into position. So exciting to actually see the movement. Im looking forward to that :)

So last night i had sharp nerve pains in my right leg and couldnt sleep. i know the baby is more on that side so he must be pushing on a nerve. On another note, we bought a crib and dresser last night!! :) Well my mom bought us the crib as a gift but it will take 8-10 weeks for delivery so it will come just in time to set up the nursery!! :happydance:

when a baby drops it is getting into position for birth. some babies drop right before labor ( a day or two) some may drop a week or two before. It's a good sign that labor is to come shortly.

:pink:

My LO's position has definitely changed as I can feel it moving further down and I look more pointy these days rather then rounded. I hope I still have six weeks or so before he/she decides to come though!

Smimms - Congrats on finding out the you are team :pink:

Simms congrats on team pink!

Mrschezek and Sasha how did your scans go?

We told friends and close family this weekend. It was so great. Tomorrow I need to tell my boss and one more close friend at work before they hear from any where else.

Zeez...scan has gone well..I got to se my LO...they measured its head and it measures right on time...which is a good thing...first time I have gone my placenta was covering birth canal and it has moved up little two weeks later... I go where students just practice so they do not tell much and I do not have to pay...I just like going because I get to see our LO and they give me a u/s pic...I have another one in two weeks...I will ask them if they would just maybe peak and see if we are team pink or blue...either way we would be happy just would like to know...I have a scan on Jan 14 where I should find out what the sex of the baby is since it is level II u/s...How are you doing?

Clarkey...congrats on team blue...did your placenta move or are you still on bed rest?

Simms congrats on team pink...

How is everyone else doing? Hope all of you are having good weekend..

Hello :hi:

Sorry I went MIA but my computer freaked out on me - not sure what caused it yet but I had a lot of client work I had to get done since Friday so I stuck to that and avoided using it for anything else. We had the gender confirmation scan on Friday and we are indeed having a girl! :yipee: (see photo below) DH is SO excited and I'm just happy to know for sure :happydance: The appointment was awesome cause the monographer really took the time to let us watch Bean hang out and showed us all her little parts and took some great photos. I shared a video of her playing with her feet on my journal page if any of you are interested :thumbup:

sam - can't believe you're at 32 weeks! I'm glad boob is head down and ready to go :baby: My LO was head down too on Friday…wonder if she's planning to stay that way moving forward :shrug: My belly definitely has gone from being up high to down low and I can feel LO down in my very low abs - could I have dropped at this point too? I hope she's not prepping to get out!!!!

Clarkey - my LO is on my left side and I haven't been able to sleep for 4 nights now as she seems to be pressing on some nerve too - it hurts! So I literally can feel your pain!! :dohh: But how exciting about your crib! We still haven't picked one out…definitely on the to do list for this coming week. Which one did you get?

Zeez - how exciting that you finally got to share the news! :happydance: Such a wonderful feeling, isn't it? :hugs:

sasha - I can't resist from saying this: but as awesome as it is to see your LO, too many ultrasounds aren't good for your LO. They are safe when used in moderation but they don't know what excessive use of ultrasound can lead to. Sorry, but I had to get it out or I'd feel super guilty. On the other hand, glad everything looked great and your placenta has moved! :yipee:

Attachments

• 26wk_girlParts.jpg
    26wk_girlParts.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
MrsChezek - Glad that you got confirmation that it's a girl at your scan. I just looked at your video of your lo playing with her feet. I can't believe how clear it is! Amazing and so exciting to see. Even if our bellies have dropped I'm quite sure that our lo's won't be making an appearance anytime soon. Are you feeling your lo's hiccups more these days as she is head down? I know I am, and it is a weird feeling having the hiccups down there.

Hey guys.
Congrats on all of your scans :)

I finally got OH to copy those pictures for me, and here we are.
I picked out my favorite 5 pics for you to share with me :)

3D_10.jpg3D_17.jpg3D_26.jpg3D_35.jpg3D_40.jpg

Pilot! I love them :kiss: SUCH a little cutie you got there!!!! :happydance:

Sam - I haven't felt hiccups yet I don't think :nope: Sometimes it seems like she kicks me every 2-3 seconds, 5-6 times in a row so maybe that's it? :shrug: They're like little tap kicks...

Simms- yeah!! congrats on team pink!! We need some more team blue :blue: on here! lol.

Zee- Exciting you told your family about LO!!:happydance:

Sasha- Happy your LO is doing well! I see my OB tomorrow and she will tell me about my placenta then and discuss back to work details. Hope all goes well!

Chezek- YEAH 100% girl:happydance: And dont worry about baby into position or "dropped". Doesnt mean baby will be coming anytime soon!:hugs: We bought our crib at Babies r us- Hamilton crib. It converts to a bed after but we might keep it as a crib for the next one and convert it after our second baby. Geez already thinking about the second one..lol. but we dont want to wait too long!

Pilot- Oh wow those pics are so clear of your LO face! Your baby is so sweet. I love it. i hope our pics will look that clear. We still have to book our appt but wont be until the end of January.

Hi Ladies - have been trying to catch up with everything on here as haven't been on for a while! Love all the scan pics - pregpilot great 3d pics!! We had another scan a couple of weeks ago but didn't get very good pics as baby was moving around so much!!! Scan was just to check blood flow as high risk pre eclampsia - everything was fine with it but they did find some protein in my urine! Just need to make sure my BP stays down!!

Had a crazy couple of weeks - went to London with DH for a couple of days and it wiped me out! :sleep: Ended up full of cold!! Also having the house decorated so trying to live out of two rooms with the cats!!! Will be glad when it's done!!

Think we have decided on a name though - Isabelle Rose and she will be Izzy for short. What do you think? We now can't decide how to spell it :wacko:
Also like Francesca but DH isn't too keen!!

xxxx

Sasha - great news about the placenta.

Pilot and mrschezek - great pic. Both of them are so cute!

Clarky - know what you mean, we were thinking of number 2 while still ttc.

Joey - that's a lovely name. Hope that the Bp stays down, sure everything will be fine.

Afm - my scan today had to be rescheduled to Saturday because my doctor had to go to a delivery. Still it's not long till then. I'm still getting used to everyone knowing. My brother is so protective of the little one already and my mother is shopping up a storm.

Joey - glad things are looking good for you pre eclampsia wise! Love the name too…Izzy is super cute for a nickname! :thumbup:

Zeez - good luck at your scan on Saturday! Let us know how it goes :flower:

AFM, 27 weeks today. Crazy how quickly the second tri flew by! I took some pics this morning so I'll post a new progression shot on my journal probably tomorrow. Otherwise, nothing new…trying to manage constipation and the back pain. Staying afloat so far but it's definitely hard! Trying to increase my liquids but that seems hard in the winter for me…I'm just not as thirsty :nope: Any suggestions?

Mrschezek - you already had a healthy diet to start so might be doing this already but most fruit and veg will help for constipation. I found fruit like watermelon, citrus and grapes extra good for hydration. Soup is an excellent way to add liquid and veg and is lovely in winter.

And don't wait till you're thirsty to drink water. Set an alarm to go off a few times a day to remind yourself to have a glass.

If you like herbal teas make them part of your routine. I drink chamomile tea at night to help me sleep but Warning - drinking anything before bed means waking up to go to pee an extra time.

Had my 12 week NT scan today. No good pics as baby was at an awkward angle and refused to move despite all of docs attempts to wake him / her.

Still it was a good appointment - NT measured 1.1mm and there was a nasal bone present so looking good. Waiting for bloods for actual risk profile.

Heartbeat is still good, placenta is in a good position and baby's size is exactly right for when I think I O'd so good news all around.

DH got to see the baby's spine and fingers so i think it makes it much more real that it's a little person already.

Hope everyone else is also having a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->