Expecting #1 and over 30

Yes here is a pic of Emma :)

And my birth story

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ed-natural-labour-not-so-natural-repairs.html

Attachments

• Photo0323.jpg
    Photo0323.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
Emma and Poppy are adorable!

Thanks for sharing your birth stories Mrs. C and Rmsh1. I'm leaning towards a natural birth. It's great to read some first hand accounts.

Congrats Sportys!!! Love the name Poppy :happydance: will u share a picture??

Clarkey - I certainly am not ready to relive the last month ANY time soon!!!! My delivery was pretty rough and the recovery has been a nightmare!!! Need time to forget first :winkwink:

Pilot - 3 weeks! Oh my...I have three 2oz servings saved up! :dohh: But I guess I'm not trying to save much and won't be going to work full time. My boobs hurt SO much lately...it's awful! Just as I started feeling better from the delivery damage! Alas...it's worth it for my lil peanut!

Hehe. I have about a 150 bags stored now, each holding about 4 ounces... ;)
I agree on the "next time"... I can´t even consider trying for another baby, and probably won´t for at least 2-3 more years.
DH is talking about going in for a vasectomy, as he was terrified throughout the labor of Thorgeir... heheh.
My boobs actually hurt too, and have almost non stop from delivery.
My nipples turn hard and white, and stay that way for several minutes every time I breastfeed/pump...
How does your pain manifest?

Pilot- Glad you r both doing well!! Yes not too much longer for me. I see the Dr on Tuesday to probably book a C-section as I feel LO is still breech...

Mrs C- I totally agree that it is too soon to start thinking about another one...and Im sorry you have been through a rough delivery. I was just joking, hopefully you aren't upset :hugs:

Wow, I hope LO turns for you, will the doctor try any methods to help LO flip?

Hi ladies, I know i dont post often, but just to let you know, Emma Nicole arrived safely on March 20th :)

Wow, congratulations, and welcome to motherhood :hugs:

rmsh1 - will you share a photo of Emma?? I'm super happy for you. How are you feeling? :hugs:

Sportys - Poppy is such a cutie! How are you feeling? Did you have an easy delivery?

How is everyone else??

SO I finally typed up my birth story! Sorry it's so late but it's been a crazy month…here it is for any of you who are interested - it's a bit long :shy: but I wanted to journal all the details for myself :flower:

Mrs Chezek's Birth Story

Hope none of you push for as long as I did nor have the same awful recovery that I suffered :hug:

Thank you so much for sharing :hugs:

Yes here is a pic of Emma :)

And my birth story

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ed-natural-labour-not-so-natural-repairs.html

Thanks for sharing :hugs:
It´s true, when you´re that tired, you just agree to everything they say :blush:

Rmsh- Congrats to you and your family!! She is such a sweetheart:hugs:

Sporty- Absolutely adorable as well!! :hugs:

Mrs C- Thank you for sharing your birth story! Wow with your story and Pilot's im thinking a C-section might be ok...delivery is Kinda scary but obviously worth it. I would probably not want to even think about another one for a long long time as well!! Feel better soon:hugs:

Pilot- i see the Dr tomorrow and she said she will try and turn him herself in the office..I dont know about that as i think if baby is meant to be in that position then dont mess with nature. I know it is probably safe but all i can think about is her pushing him too hard and hurting his neck or pulling the cord too tight, and so on. Just dont have a good feeling about it so I think Im going to ask her to leave him and whatever happens, happens :shrug:

Also congrats on all the milk you have stored..i hope I will be able to pump that much!!

Here is my pregnancy belly progression. 15 weeks, 20 weeks, 25 weeks, 30 weeks and 35 weeks....Not sure if I will make it to 40 weeks as if I have a C-section it will be at 39 weeks!!

Attachments

• 15 weeks.jpg
    15 weeks.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20 weeks.jpg
    20 weeks.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 0
  • 25 weeks.jpg
    25 weeks.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 30 weeks.jpg
    30 weeks.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 35 weeks.jpg
    35 weeks.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Sbmack - even though I had a rough recovery and she took her mighty time to come out, I wouldn't change my decision to go natural if I could do it all over again. I'd probably tweak my approach a bit but I'd still go for it. Good luck with your decision!

pilot - WOW that is a lot of milk! Being 35 and originally wanting at least 3 kids, I technically don't have too many years to wait and decide if I want to keep going but I certainly won't be trying any time soon!!!! :nope: I have the same thing with the nipples turning white an hurting like crazy…that's raynaud's phenomenon. I've been reading lots about it and apparently it results from trauma to the nerve endings in our nipples from poor latch or whatever. They say the number one treatment is to fix latch and make sure the baby is feeding correctly. A lactation consultant already told me that my latch is great so I want to know what the hell am I supposed to do next! I apply a heat pack after feeds, especially if the room I'm in is a bit chillier, as it tends to be at night. It sucks!!! I also get sharp, shooting pains inside my boobs that go up into my arms and chest. I thought it was thrush but 2 doctors and a lactation consultant all told me it's very unlikely to be thrush. That it's simply the sign of my boobs making more milk…so I'm stuck with that pain. Great! :cry: Sometimes, i also get a toe curling pain when she latches and a burning the entire time she feeds…it's all fun really :haha: Just like I pictured it from all the movies and commercials!!!!

clarkey - like I told Sbmack above, if I had to do it over, I'd go natural again. Personally, I feel like I have more control of the process whereas with a csection it's all in the doctor's hands! Plus I'm scared of scalpels and needles…terrified actually. BUT, if it's necessary, then that is different…I would just never elect to do a csection cause I'd be too scared. And LOVE that belly progression!!!! Quite the change, isn't it?

AFM, Hayden is pooping green which could be nothing or it could be another sign of overactive letdown. I'm waiting on lactation to call me back and hopefully they will see me today. I really want to figure this breastfeeding stuff out!!! So I can enjoy it :happydance:

Rmsh- Congrats to you and your family!! She is such a sweetheart:hugs:

Sporty- Absolutely adorable as well!! :hugs:

Mrs C- Thank you for sharing your birth story! Wow with your story and Pilot's im thinking a C-section might be ok...delivery is Kinda scary but obviously worth it. I would probably not want to even think about another one for a long long time as well!! Feel better soon:hugs:

Pilot- i see the Dr tomorrow and she said she will try and turn him herself in the office..I dont know about that as i think if baby is meant to be in that position then dont mess with nature. I know it is probably safe but all i can think about is her pushing him too hard and hurting his neck or pulling the cord too tight, and so on. Just dont have a good feeling about it so I think Im going to ask her to leave him and whatever happens, happens :shrug:

Also congrats on all the milk you have stored..i hope I will be able to pump that much!!

If you don´t feel comfortable with something, just don´t do it :)
Whatever you feel like doing, is the right thing for you.

The trick to getting this much milk, is to start pumping from day one.
If you only let the baby control the demand, you´ll have trouble making more milk. I always let my boy drink his fill, then pump for 15 minutes more. That way I always have a lot of extra milk for when he´s having his growth spurts.

pilot - WOW that is a lot of milk! Being 35 and originally wanting at least 3 kids, I technically don't have too many years to wait and decide if I want to keep going but I certainly won't be trying any time soon!!!! :nope: I have the same thing with the nipples turning white an hurting like crazy…that's raynaud's phenomenon. I've been reading lots about it and apparently it results from trauma to the nerve endings in our nipples from poor latch or whatever. They say the number one treatment is to fix latch and make sure the baby is feeding correctly. A lactation consultant already told me that my latch is great so I want to know what the hell am I supposed to do next! I apply a heat pack after feeds, especially if the room I'm in is a bit chillier, as it tends to be at night. It sucks!!! I also get sharp, shooting pains inside my boobs that go up into my arms and chest. I thought it was thrush but 2 doctors and a lactation consultant all told me it's very unlikely to be thrush. That it's simply the sign of my boobs making more milk…so I'm stuck with that pain. Great! :cry: Sometimes, i also get a toe curling pain when she latches and a burning the entire time she feeds…it's all fun really :haha: Just like I pictured it from all the movies and commercials!!!!

AFM, Hayden is pooping green which could be nothing or it could be another sign of overactive letdown. I'm waiting on lactation to call me back and hopefully they will see me today. I really want to figure this breastfeeding stuff out!!! So I can enjoy it :happydance:

Hehe. I´m only 31 now, but really don´t think I´ll try for another baby soon, if ever... Things are still way too painful in my head.
I´m going to have a look at this raynaud´s phenomenon.
I used to have that pain when he was latching before, but I managed to fix his latching, by having him lie on my bare stomach on his stomach.
That way he has to find the nipple himself, and latches on correctly.
After that I don´t have a problem with him latching on correctly (that is, it´s not painful anymore), but I still get the pain after he releases... Same thing happens after I pump each time...

Green poop is usually because baby is drinking too much premilk, and is easily fixable by letting the baby finish mostly on one breast, therefore getting more cream in his/her milk.

I´m still working on learning how to breastfeed. Seems to be quite complicated. ;)

Hey ladies! So much going on here lately. I'm once again trying to catch up! Miss Kinley Marie Faith arrived 3-13-13 @1344, here's her first pic. We are both heathy after a natural delivery.
Luna- I think I saw 2 lovely miracles as I scrolled thru. Congrats! How exciting that must be.
Chezek - Hayden is beautiful!
Rmsh - congrats! Emma is beautiful as well.
Sporty - congrats to you also! Beautiful blessing on your hands too!
I'm on my phone so still catching up, hope everyone is doing well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
Oh breezy she's adorable!

You guys and your natural child birth :haha: none of that for me, I was already 100% epi before and now with twins looks like I wouldn't have the option anyways since they want you ready to go to a c-section if anything goes wrong

Breezy - she's so cute! Love the bow :happydance: Congrats!!!

pilot - I stopped dairy yesterday evening and her poops today so far have been back to yellow. I sooooooo hope that is a freak coincidence as I LOVE dairy and will die if I have to give it up. I'm going to stay off of it until tomorrow morning and then reintroduce it to see if the green poop comes back. Fingers crossed! Let me know what you learn about Raynauds...I'm going to ask my OBGYN about it at my check up tomorrow so I'll let you know what he says.

Luna - I certainly wouldn't even think about going natural with twins!!! You have my blessing to take all the drugs you want! :haha: :shy:

Pilot- Thanks for the advice :)

Breezy- Congrats hun! She is so sweet!! :hugs: There are a lot of 3's in her birthday...must be good luck!

AFM, Saw the Dr today and she didnt attempt to turn him as it is my first so there is not a lot of room and I also didnt feel comfortable. SO...His birthday is booked for April 18th!! That is around 3 weeks away...crazy! We are so excited!:happydance:

Breezy - Congratulations on the new family member :hugs:
Gorgeous little girl :flower:

luna - If I ever have another baby, I´ll definitely be asking for the epidural... I just have to remind them not to stick the needle too far, as that would enter my spinal chord, and cause another spinal ache. (apparently my spinal chord is relatively shallow).

MrsChezek - I hope it´s not dairy then, I couldn´t face having to cut out dairy. Almost every meal I have has some sort of dairy in it.
Thorgeir sometimes poops green, but that´s usually when he´s grazing. Only eating a little every 1-2 hours. If I get him to eat a lot every 3-4 hours, the poop turns yellow again.
I´m going to ask the nurse about my nipples and Raynauds next week. I have an appointment for a weigh-in next tuesday.
Looking forward to hearing what your ob-gyn has to say about the issue :shrug:

Clarkeyness - You´re very welcome :hugs:
Wow, only 3 more weeks. Looking forward to hearing your story and seeing the first precious photos :baby:

So exciting Clarky!

I'm really amazed, I can literally remember when almost everyone here got their bfp and here you all are with new babies already! Makes me feel like we don't have much time to prepare especially since they will definitely be here at least 2 weeks early.

Thank you all! We are so in love.
Clarky - How exciting! How do you feel about it being scheduled?
Chezek - I can't even imagine cutting out dairy. I had to cut carbs and sweets while pregnant and now all I want is sweets. Milk was the hardest out of all of it but cheese would be even worse.
Luna- It flies by! I still can't believe you're having twins. I've always wanted twins and they run in our family. Maybe on the next try, which will be soon.

Breezy, Kinley is adorable! Love the name!!

Clarkeyness, great bump photos. So exciting to know your LO's birthday.

Mrs. C, I hope you don't have to give up dairy. That would be awful.

I have a scan on Thursday. I'm really nervous because I don't really have any symptoms. My bb's were sore and they haven't been the last couple of days.

...ooh just went back and saw Kinley's pic, lovely! I'm so excited by all these new babies, still can't believe I have one of my very own on the way!

My husband thinks I'm nuts but after what we went through getting pregnant the first time I don't want to wait.
Sbmack - my symptoms came and went, stay positive!
Luma - I'm still in shock and so happy for you, I sure hope baking is right behind you!
Thanks for all the compliments! :hugs:

Sbmack- my symptoms came and went as well! Looking forward to hearing about your scan :hugs:
Breezy- I'm actually ok with a c-section and it's nice to know when the date is instead of waiting. Also good for hubby's work and other family can plan to have that day off. But they said if I have any signs of labour not to wait until I am only 5 minutes apart as I would need a c-section that day to prevent any chance of baby coming through breech. So it still may be a surprise but we will see :)

I also totally understand wanting to try again not too long after as we had problems as well. But be careful as some r more fertile after a birth and may happen right away as did with my friend...took her a year for the first and decided to try little early and got pregnant first try ;) I would be ok with that though ;)

Luna- yes time does go by fast and can't believe my turn is coming. Yours will be here before you know it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->