Expecting #1 and over 30

Rmsh- Lol I told my husband the same thing. The other DIL allowed her to be in the delivery room. I pretty much told her I'm glad she was there for her but I would rather not.
I heard horror stories from SIL.

I have the worst heartburn and hoping Hannah has a nice head of hair. I'm just so excited to meet her!

Yep same with my MIL, the other two DIL's let her in there and she FILMED the whole thing! Ummmm no thanks! I did not want her in there after she preached to me about how she pushed out 4 babies with no pain relief, basically saying I should do it with no pain relief. OK so I did manage without it in the end, but I did not want anyone in there with me with that kind of idea in their heads. I think she probably felt a bit miffed by me choice, but it does not concern me, I was the one going through it all :)

Heart burn and reflux are really nasty, I am so glad it leaves as soon as baby vacates!

So I've uploaded my favorite shots from Hayden's newborn photo shoot - my most favorite one is my new avatar :happydance: I don't know how to post pictures here without them being huge so you can check them out on my journal:
Hayden's Newborn Shoot

Don't want to spam the whole page with pictures of my baby!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!! xx

Oohhhhhh...I have looked at her pics...soooooo adorable...

Have a great shower, Sasha!

MrsC, those newborn pics are so so cute. I didn't notice her little feet in the avatar pic. Love that one!

MrsChezek - hehe, I hear ya on the dairy ;)
I talked to a doctor about Raynauds, and he has heard about it in nipples, but doesn´t know what to do about it... the only meds he can recommend for this are carried over to the mothers milk, so he doesn´t want to prescribe that for me.
It´s called Adalat. (nifedipine is the active ingredient)
I´m going to call the midwives after easter as they aren´t answering the phones these days...

Wow, Hayden´s pictures are awesome :)
I just have one "professional" picture of Thorgeir so far, and that´s for his passport. He looks really awkward in that one :haha:
He´ll be travelling to London with me and DH on the 22nd of April.

luna - hmm, you may be right. They usually want to keep a better eye on you when you´re expecting twins... :oneofeach:

sasha - enjoy your baby shower :D

rmsh1 - ooh, filming my labor and delivery??? No thanks... phoooey!
Those few pictures mom managed to snap of me, I look horrible...
Was also very pleased when the acid reflux went away as soon as Thorgeir was born :happydance:

Mrs C- Just love love love the pictures!!!!! She is so adorable. Love the family photo as well. I already have a tentative date for our newborn session for April 27th if all goes well with the C-section April 18th!

AFM- started non stress tests last week. He passed! Will have one every week until delivery. Im finding it very difficult to sleep, for about couple weeks now. Can't get comfy and my uterus keeps contracting. Just hope he makes it to the c-section date!

Congrates to all the new mommys! I'm loving all the baby pic's - they are all so adorable. i really can't wait for my own.

And also thanks for posting your birth stories. i kknow every labour is different so it helps to hear about the diffwerent possibilties so that Ican prepare myself for as many different versions as possible.

As for having people in the delivery room it really has to be what you are comfortable with. I actually have a better relationship with my MIL than my own mother but wouldn't be comfortable with either in the delivery room! Maybe if it were a c-section i *might* consider but since I'm trying fora natural birth I want to be as stress free as possible to not disrupt the normal birth hormones.

We did the NT scan mostly because I wanted to find out the gender ASAP but also to be prepared if there was anything wrong. I told DH I wouldn't terminate so late unless it was really extreme circumstances where baby would not make it (according to my spiritual beliefs the baby's soul enters the body at 3 months but I respect everyone's opinion on this) but there are certain things they can pick up and correct even before LO born and if there is nothing you can do to correct it at least you have time to grieve the normal baby you won't behaving and get emotionally ready for the challenges of a raising a special needs child.

Sasha - how was the shower?

Pilot - were u able to get more feedback on Raynauds from the midwives? I still haven't heard from my doctor. In the meantime, I've found a bit of a 'symptom cure'. I bought these reusable cotton breast pads that I wear for leak protection; they're pretty thick and warm. When I'm feeding, I don't take the pad off but shift it to the other breast for warm keeping and when I finish the feed, I quickly move it back to the breast before it gets cold. It has decreased the number of times they've turned white and hurt. Worth a try!!! You reminded me to get my LO a passport as we'll need it for this summer...

Clarkey - I'm so excited u'll be doing a newborn shoot! Can't wait to see the pics :happydance: as a photog, I find them*very inspirational!

AFM, we had a couple bad days where Hayden was really difficult. Unfortunately, they fell over the weekend when we were moving as well as Easter so that compounded the problem. Went to see her doc on Mon and they've put her on acid reflux meds. I hate medicating her but we were at our wits end!!! And as much as I didn't believe it was reflux, I have to admit that she's been a lot better since! So perhaps she was just in pain :shrug:

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to say thank u for all ur nice comments about Hayden's pics! We are very pleased with them :happydance:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/katzeyes/A76EC38F-49A3-4807-93DC-7680335C3DB5-5710-0000048815B40E63_zpsba16015f.jpg

The only pic I got of her this Easter as she was being a little stinker and none of us even got to shower that day!!!! :dohh:

MrsChezek - I´ve got a little information from a Lactation Consultant about Raynauds... I´ve got heat retaining pads on my breasts now (basically tin foil pads), and they´re helping a lot. I do get some episodes now, but they´re farther apart, and not nearly as painful as before.
Apparently taking Fish Oil (omega 3-6 fatty acids), calcium and magnesium in high doses, and vitamin B6 in a small dose is supposed to help too. I´m waiting on an answer on how high the doses have to be.

I hope Hayden gets better soon :hugs:

Mrs C- hope the meds help her feel better. What a cute Easter picture. She has beautiful blue eyes :)

Non stress test went well today. 2 more weeks till he arrives. :)

poppy - can't believe you've only got 27 days to go!!! Time is flying by :happydance:

pilot - let me know what dosage your MW recommends. I already take all these supplements but in normal quantities…where did you get heated breast pads?? I need to look those up. Wonder if they're on amazon…

Clarkey - two weeks!!! I swear it feels like you got your BFP just yesterday…so awesome! She does have blue eyes for the time being…as do I but DH is brown-eyed and Asian so the odds are against us :nope: But you never know!!!!

So the last two days have been SO MUCH BETTER since she's been on the meeds…I'm really really hoping that she simply outgrew all the issues she was having and that it's not the meeds. But we're going to continue them a bit longer and then stop them to see if she regresses. All my friends say their babies were fussy and cranky and then 'flipped s switch' and were super good and cute and cooing. So if she's flipping this switch, I don't want her on the meds!!! I actually met a friend for lunch yesterday…at the end of eating, she cried a bit so I fed her and she quieted back down. I even got to go to this one clothing shop with her! Then, as she was still being good, I went to the grocery store and had DH meet us there so that I can leave him with the full cart if she goes bonkers and he can check out. She was good until we literally walked up to the checkout registers!! She slept until really late though - we couldn't wake her up - so she was up from 11pm until about 2am and she was fussy and cried quite a bit. But then she slept 3+2 hours which isn't bad. I only got about 4 hours total so Im a bit tired…

Today, we went to a chiropractor appointment and then ate lunch at Wegmans (a big grocery store that has a nice food court - kind of like Mark & Spencers); then we grocery shopped and she was pretty good as well. I had to feed her after eating…it's as if she can see my plate though cause both yesterday and today, she literally cried just as I took the last bite of my food!!! Very nice of her to wait :haha: I'm for ONCE actually enjoying being a mommy. My boobs really hurt and I'm exhausted but at least she's manageable and even almost pleasant to be around at times!!! :thumbup:

MrsChezek...glad Hayden is starting to feel better...cute Easter picture...

Clarkeyness...what is a stress test? What is suppose to tell you? Wow two more weeks...so exciting...

AFM...I had a great shower...we got so much stuff and what we did not get we got gift cards to buy on our own...I enjoyed being with my friends and family...tomorrow is my 32 week and 1 day scan..they are going to measure Nickolas and tell me which way is he turned...best part get to see him again...:happydance:

Ok I'm getting a little anxious & could do with some advice. Baby is breech. I'm worried he won't turn & I'll end up with a c-section. I see midwife next Tues to check his position & decide if I need another scan. I have an anterior placenta so dont think they'd do an ECV in case it pulled away & then I'd need an emergency c-section.

I know the most important things is baby arriving safely & I want what is best for him but I can't stop getting anxious about it.

Any tips for help my baby to turn? Or equally anything to reduce my anxiety around possibly ending up with a c-section?

I'm 36+2 so know time is getting tight for him to turn.

Xx

Clarkeyness - 2 more weeks, wow, time is almost here :happydance:

MrsChezek - I´ll let you know what midwife says to me. :thumbup:

The breast pads aren´t heated, but they retain your body heat, so my breasts stay warm. I got them at my local specialty maternity store.

Good to hear the meds are working, I hope she gets off them soon :)

I remember when Thorgeir was only sleeping 3-4 hours per night. Now he´s actually up to 6-7 hours per night (except on the days when his tummy is bothering him, then he sleeps shorter stretches).

sasha - glad the shower was a hit :)
have fun at the scan tomorrow.

poppy - one advice on what you could try to flip baby.
My midwife showed me a position, where you basically put your butt in the air. Usually it´s enough to just do it on the floor. Get down on all fours, and then lower your face to the floor.
A more extreme position, that might help baby flip is when you have your knees on a couch or bed (if it´s low enough), and lean over the edge until you can stay with your elbows on the floor for about a minute.

AFM
I start work in less than 2 weeks now.
I´ve collected 5 weeks worth of frozen breastmilk for LO (875 ounces, or just over 26 liters total).
Really looking forward to going to work, but also anxious about leaving LO behind...
Especially looking forward to work, as I learned a couple of days ago that I won´t be losing my job next winter. I have my secure future position now :happydance:
LO´s tummy is getting much better every day. He has a few episodes of tummy pain every now and again, but nothing serious.

Poppy I know you are kind of short on time but I think reading as much as you can on c-sections (real facts not google horror stories) would be a really good thing. Also accepting the fact that you may need one and that you have little control over the situation might help too. Remembering that the most important thing is getting your lo here safely is the ultimate goal so even if things don't go as planned you can still feel successful.
Some people are more at risk of needing one than others but realistically everyone who has a baby has the possibility of needing a c-section, it's nothing they did wrong, sometimes stuff just happens differently than what we plan.

Poppy - the positions pilot mentioned are further explained at .org or .com (I forget). But it's a great site with lots of info on how to turn a breech baby. And also what Luna said, it's still ok if you do end up with a section. Just read more about it so u know what to expect and it will be less scary :hugs:

Pilot - ur milk stock is amazing!!!! Great work :thumbup: And congrats on the job!!!

Poppy, I hope the little one turns for you! I know a yoga instructor that flipped her baby twice, but when it came time to deliver he was breeched again. A C section wasn't her first choice, but she had a healthy and happy baby. Some just have a mind of their own.

Sasha, I hope your scan goes well today.

Preg_pilot, that's great your job is secure! Glad the LO's tummy is feeling better.

Mrs. c, glad Hayden is feeling better!

Mrs C- It does feel like yesterday since I got my BFP but also feels like Ive been pregnant forever:wacko:!! So excited to start the next journey of my life :) Glad Hayden is doing well on the meds. :hugs:

Sasha- A non stress test monitors baby's heart rate during rest and movement. They want to make sure when baby moves the heart rate increases which ensures a healthy heart. Only certain women have this done, my reason is baby is breech and in 20% in growth. He scored perfect last 2 times!:happydance:
Happy you had a wonderful baby shower and cant wait to hear about your scan:hugs:

Poppy- sounds like we are in the same boat!! maybe boys are stubborn:haha: I have my c-section booked for april 18th. My doctor wanted to turn him but i refused as I felt uncomfortable with the thought of pushing him into position when he is there for a reason. I was worried if the cord was around his neck or hurting him. There are other things you could do which others have suggested. After speaking to many friends who have had c-sections and researching, I am totally comfortable with it! Hope things work out for you!:hugs:

Pilot- back to work so soon :( but happy you have a secure position :) Thats wonderful how much milk you have saved!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->