Expecting #1 and over 30

7 weeks away and my hd has decided to get hurt at work...he is a landscaper and works alone...he has fallen off the embankment and shuddered his ankle when his foot hit the river rock...they have to do surgery and put pins and plates in his ankle but before they can do that swelling has to go down...he is bed written right now and they are talking 10 weeks of recovery after surgery...this means his income is gone as he owns his own business and instead of him taking care of me I have to take care of him...thank God for his and my family...however it could have been worse since he has fallen 9 feet down he could have hit his head on river rock instead of his ankle and be paralyzed or dead so I guess I will take a broken ankle…now I just pray he stays in until his due date and does not decide to arrive early…last week I would have taken 38 weeks but right now 40 sounds much better…

Poppy- yay for little one turning!! I had no luck :(

Sasha- wow scary. Im sure everything will work out for you! :hugs: Glad you have a supportive family :)

AFM- Had another scare...couple days ago saw my OB and felt my uterus hasnt grown in 2 weeks. She sent me for another non stress test and ultrasound right away. He passed the stress test and failed the u/s as he wasnt practicing breathing (where he would lose 2 points out of 8). He still scored 6/8 but they were concerned and sent me to the labour and delivery area for another non stress test and speak with the oncall OB..so another 5 hours later the DR not concerned but wants me to monitor his movements and go back for a couple more non stress tests before my c-section next Thursday. I just wanted to relax and not worry before the birth but now i feel stressed, which isnt good for LO.

sasha - what horrible timing... I hope his ankle gets better soon... :hugs:
Maybe you´ll get lucky and go to 42 weeks like me? ;)

Clarkeyness - How can they tell if he´s practicing breathing or not? I´m really curious how that test is done, I hope he starts soon then.
I hope you can calm yourself down before your section :hugs:

Clarkey...it is amazing what they can tell from tests these days..I am like pilot interested to know how they can do that...I hope you can relax these few last days but I know it is easier said than done...sending you lots of :hugs:...I hope to calm down myself as I have just been in such a mess in last 24 hours…

Pilot…two days ago I was wishing for two weeks early and now I would be fine with 42 weeks :winkwink:

Thanks ladies. Its crazy how tests today just freak you out over nothing. Many years ago they never had these tests and you never knew if your baby was "practicing breathing". They told me obviously baby is not breathing but in the u/s they see the chest rise and fall as if baby was breathing. I guess babies take breaks if they are sleeping which is probably what LO was doing. They should have just told me that instead of scaring me. When you hear concerned with "breathing", all you can think of is bad thoughts.

Hi

Can I join I'm 32 due the have my first baby 11th October!

Clarkey...it is amazing what they can tell from tests these days..I am like pilot interested to know how they can do that...I hope you can relax these few last days but I know it is easier said than done...sending you lots of :hugs:...I hope to calm down myself as I have just been in such a mess in last 24 hours…

Pilot…two days ago I was wishing for two weeks early and now I would be fine with 42 weeks :winkwink:

Hehe. When i was at 42 weeks, I was wishing I´d had him at 38 weeks :)
But I understand why 42 weeks would be better for you at the moment :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Its crazy how tests today just freak you out over nothing. Many years ago they never had these tests and you never knew if your baby was "practicing breathing". They told me obviously baby is not breathing but in the u/s they see the chest rise and fall as if baby was breathing. I guess babies take breaks if they are sleeping which is probably what LO was doing. They should have just told me that instead of scaring me. When you hear concerned with "breathing", all you can think of is bad thoughts.

Yea, sometimes those tests are not really a good thing, huh?

Hi

Can I join I'm 32 due the have my first baby 11th October!

Let me be the first to welcome you to the group :)
Congratulations on your pregnancy, and have a H&H 9 months :D

Zeez - hope you have a great shower thus weekend!!! I lived mine...it makes you feel so lived :happydance:

Poppy - just focus on the end product; you'll get to hold your LO!!! That's what kept me going...and don't ever hold your breath, breathe through the contractions...then hold your breath for each push. It's not bad...make sure to eat a big meal before you go into the hospital do you have the energy to get through it. I didn't get to eat and lost umph when it was time to push :nope: You'll do great!!!! :hugs:

Sasha - oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear about your DH but SO glad it was just his ankle!!!! :hugs: I hope your LO stats put until daddy is healed.

Clarkey - oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your rough doctor visit episode :hugs: I'm glad the doc isn't worried that's always good...and the non stress tests can't hurt - LO will be monitored regularly and give you peace of mind. I went in for 2 NSTs per week starting at 35 weeks as LO was trying to come out early...

Welcome star! :hi: Congratulations!!! H&H 9 months! You've found a great group of women...I loved it here :flower:

AFM things got crazy since my last post...LO has been going through a growth spurt so feeding every hour and crying and not sleeping well but hopefully that will end soon!

Sent from my iPhone

All the discussions about pumps is great. Thanks, ladies!

Zee, have a great shower.

Sasha, so sorry about your husband! Good thing you have supportive family near by. I hope he recovers quickly!

Clarkeyness, Ive never heard of testing practice breathing. Your LO was probably just sleeping. Theres too many tests these days....just adds to the stress. I hope your next visit goes better.

Mrs. C, I hope the restlessness ends soon.

Welcome, Star! I'm also 32 and due Oct. 16th!

Thanks everyone. i feel better now. LO has been moving a lot and keeping me reassured! Non stress test this wednesday then C-section Thursday, less then a week!! Crazy!

Hi Star!! :) Congratulations!

Mrs C- Hope Hayden settles for you soon. Must be difficult feeding every hour..wow and ouch. :hugs:

Pilot and sbmack- Yes i hate all these tests, it's just more of a stress!

I went through a lot of unnecessary stress cause of tests too...or rather over reacting technicians and doctors at the hospital where they did the tests. My doc reassured me it was nothing to worry about each time but those days between the ultrasound and hospital feedback and seeing my doc were LOOOONG. He was mad every time for the hospital freaking me out!!! Once he explained things clearly I realized it was nothing to worry about but the hospital staff always did a poor job :nope:

Clarkeyness - yay for 4 days now :)
The last thing a heavily pregnant woman needs, is more reasons to feel stressed out, huh? :hugs:

Chez - wow, not good when the staff is always freaking you out...
I was lucky, the staff at the hospital here were always friendly and professional, no matter how many tantrums I threw ... :blush:

Oh they were friendly and professional but blew everything out of proportion!!! For example they saw this little spot in Hayden's heart at the 20 week scan and said it was a marker and doybled my risk for downs and offered me their genetic counseling services. Whereas my doc said it was like a 1% chance it meant anything!!! But the days between my scan and when I finally saw my doc were super stressful!!! Made me mad :growlmad:

Clarkeyness good luck for Thursday hope all goes well.

Mrs C, I know how you feel with the hourly feeding, Poppy was doing that last night! Its non stop isn't it!

Welcome star, heres to a happy and healthy 9 months.

Joining in here! I'm 33 (will be 34 when due date comes), & I'm due on 12/20/13.

Welcome Shona! :hi:

I guess I need to get onto my desktop and update the first post will our new members :happydance:

My little monkey must not be feeling well or something cause she keeps comfort feeding...she won't let me pump my right boob! I might just let her have it as she's been pretty gentle the last 2 feeds. She was super rough at night so we ended up giving her expressed milk at the 2am and 6am feeds cause my nipples were sore. Little stinker!!! We have been testing out decreased dairy in my diet but I just realized this morning that the expressed milk is from a whole back when I've had dairy by the gallon!!! :dohh: So I guess it's not a great study but it does seem she's more fussy around the bottle feeds so maybe it is the dairy...I've given up drinking milk by the glass and eating ice cream and yogurt. But milk in baked stuff or a tad in my oatmeal is fine...I've been ok with that so far...still sucks tho!

Welcome, MsShona! Congratulations!

MrsC, eliminating most of the dairy from your diet must be so hard! The only craving I've been getting son far is soft serve ice cream or frozen yogurt. Good luck!! I hope something else is the culprit.

Sbmack - yay! Your little peach lives ice cream :happydance: I only craved oranges while pregnant!!! And I drank milk by the glassful...which I was continueingunyil now :cry: So sad...ice cream will be hard once it gets hot. It's my summer staple!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->