Expecting #1 and over 30

I´ve started a parenting journal, you can see the link in my signature if you would like to follow it.

I will of course be checking this thread for new posts :)

Thanks for your replies & advice ladies. Its good to be able to share my worries. Although I'm not worried about the surgery (not pleasant but not what is bugging me) its the idea that I might not get to attempt a natural birth. I just feel disappointed. He still has time to turn though so I'm just hoping he's a laid back baby and will turn eventually! Xx

Personally, I can say I felt exactly like you do. I really really wanted to attempt natural birth but having taken a month to recover from my natural delivery, I can honestly say that perhaps a c section would have been a blessing!!!! :dohh:

Thanks for your replies & advice ladies. Its good to be able to share my worries. Although I'm not worried about the surgery (not pleasant but not what is bugging me) its the idea that I might not get to attempt a natural birth. I just feel disappointed. He still has time to turn though so I'm just hoping he's a laid back baby and will turn eventually! Xx

I have to agree with Chez on this one. I would probably have recovered faster from a C-section.
Fingers crossed he turns for you :winkwink:

Hey Chez, I finally heard back from the nurse.
She told me about making sure breasts were warm, which we´re already doing.

As for vitamins to take:

Vitamin B6: Take 100-200mg per day for 4 days, then 25mg per day after that.
Calcium: 2000mg per day
Magnesium: 1000mg per day
and Omega3-6 fatty acids: double recommended daily dose.

If that doesn´t work, they try meds after this. A medicine named Adalat (blood pressure medicine), but that is carried over with the breastmilk, so that isn´t something I would try unless nothing else worked.

Nickolas is doing good and growing...he is estimated to weigh between 4 1/2lb to 5lb...he is turned the right way for delivery at this time so hopefully he will stay that way until he is born...I have already metally prepared my self for c-section since I have had placenta previa so if it happens and I need to have one it is ok as long as he is good...7 weeks and 5 days to go but I am going for 5 weeks and 5 days (38 weeks) since that would make his daddy happy as it is his birthday -:) but I know he will come when he is ready...Nickolas looked like he is little squished in there....Hope you all continue to do well and have a great weekend!!!!!

Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendations for breast pumps. I'm trying to pick one keeping on mind I'll be going back to work 3-4 months after LO arrives so looking for something fast quiet portable and that can run off batteries as well as mains. Am I asking too much?

Nickolas is doing good and growing...he is estimated to weigh between 4 1/2lb to 5lb...he is turned the right way for delivery at this time so hopefully he will stay that way until he is born...I have already metally prepared my self for c-section since I have had placenta previa so if it happens and I need to have one it is ok as long as he is good...7 weeks and 5 days to go but I am going for 5 weeks and 5 days (38 weeks) since that would make his daddy happy as it is his birthday -:) but I know he will come when he is ready...Nickolas looked like he is little squished in there....Hope you all continue to do well and have a great weekend!!!!!

Stay the right way down little baby :) :baby:
Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendations for breast pumps. I'm trying to pick one keeping on mind I'll be going back to work 3-4 months after LO arrives so looking for something fast quiet portable and that can run off batteries as well as mains. Am I asking too much?

I have good experience with medela breast pumps.
I bought a manual pump to use at home, but I can also use it with a rental machine. The connections are all the same.
Here is their site... https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/category/breast-pumps

You can probably rent a larger machine somewhere close to you, but you can also purchase a smaller portable one online. It´s quite expensive though.
If I would have known I would be pumping for as long as I did, I probably would have bought one from day one.
Using a manual pump is easy, if you´re not going to be pumping 8x a day for 2-3 months... Then I would recommend an electrical one.

I think the portable version only works on batteries, while the large one (like the one I´m renting) only runs on main power.

A thought on breastshields:
Make sure the size is right for you, if it isn´t, this is going to get very uncomfortable, and even painful very fast...
Here is a visual representation on how to choose a breast shield that fits you
https://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfeeding/good-to-know/right-size-of-breastshield.html

You can only know how a breast shield fits you, once you´ve seen it pumping...

I got the Medela Pump in Style and it's nice. I never used any other though so I don't really have a point of comparison!!! But I got it free thru my insurance so I'm not complaining :flower: Also, it does use a power cord / not sure if there is a battery option.

Thx for the Raynauds info pilot!!!! xx

I'm tired. This parenting stuff is hard...my boobs hurt, I keep eating so much crap cause I'm tired and cause there's really not much time to cook! My whole days are spent feeding, changing, soothing and entertaining this little critter and it's exhausting! I'd kill for a day to myself...I'd cut my nails cause they're overgrown and watch some tv and SLEEP :sleep: Ahhh those were the days! :wacko:

How's everyone doing? Got quiet around here...

Ah MrsC I've heard lots of women say exactly what you're saying but also that once you get to 6 weeks the fog starts to lift & it gets easier. My antenatal teacher also said that the first 6 weeks are the worst. Haydn is just gorgeous!

I saw an osteopath yesterday as I've been getting pelvic pain & shooting nerve pain in my legs. Really painful. Anyway, she said my pelvis tilts one way, my spine tilts the other & no wonder I'm in pain. She pulled & clicked me straight again & also had a got at getting munchkin to turn but apparantly he's stubborn! Last night I did feel some kicks in my ribs so he's not decided which way up he wants to be yet & keeps turning. As long as he chooses head down for delivery I dont mind! Otherwise it'll be a section for me :-(

I have a sore throat this morning, think I have a cold coming.

Off to midwife soon, get to hear baby's heartbeat again :)

xx

Mrs C I totally understand how you feel. I keep trying to take time to have a bath but no chance!

Poppy is 3 weeks old today, we registered her birth yesterday. It was also our wedding anniversary so a very special day.

Today we had Poppy weighed and she has put on 11 ozs in a week! :happydance:

Aww hope everyone feels better soon :hugs: I will be there soon and asking you all for advice :)

Poppy- hope LO turns for you. I had no luck but im ok with a C-section. Good luck with your appointment.

AFM, I have my final OB appointment today then section next week...Can't believe I can now say I will be holding my LO next week:happydance:

I'm tired. This parenting stuff is hard...my boobs hurt, I keep eating so much crap cause I'm tired and cause there's really not much time to cook! My whole days are spent feeding, changing, soothing and entertaining this little critter and it's exhausting! I'd kill for a day to myself...I'd cut my nails cause they're overgrown and watch some tv and SLEEP :sleep: Ahhh those were the days! :wacko:

How's everyone doing? Got quiet around here...
- Word :hugs:
I haven´t cleaned our apartment thoroughly since I was 8 months pregnant. No energy at all...

poppy - I Hope your pelvic pain gets better soon. It´s been 8 weeks since I gave birth, and I have a specialty massage in the morning, as I´m still in pain...
Fingers crossed you don´t get a cold, and enjoy the appointment tomorrow :)

sportysgirl - wow, 11 ounces! Amazing :D

Clarkeyness - wow, I almost wish I could have decided on LO´s birthday now. But I had my heart totally set on a home birth... ;)
Wow, one week till you hold your LO, enjoy the remaining week of pregnancy, and then enjoy holding LO even more :hugs:

Poppy good luck with LO turning. Fingers crossed for you.

MrsChezek and Sporty - hang in there. I've also heard that it eventually gets easier around 6weeks and then a lot better by 3 months. I really hope thats true because I know I'm going to be a wreck - DH has been warned. Thanks for the pump info MrsChezek.

Clarkey - You're almost there! so exciting.

AFM - Everyone says get as much sleep as possible now while I can, but thats easier said then done. I'm not even sure how I made it though work today.

On a happier note my baby shower is this weekend and I'm more excited then I expected to be. We don't need much stuff but I already know that so many people insisted on helping my official hostess (who is being amazing herself) and it just makes me feel sooo loved and supported. It makes motherhood just a little less scary.

Munchkin has turned!! He's also beginning to engage...such a good baby! In turn though I have been freaking out now I know I've got to get him out. The huge reality has really hit me today & I'm properly scared of the pain. My midwife wants to do a sweep at 39+2 if nothing has happened by then as long as my obstetrician is happy for her to do it. When I go for a check up next Tues at the hospital I have to ask.

Any advice to stop this melt down? I want to enjoy the last few weeks not spend them in an anxious state!!

ZeeZ - have fun at your baby shower :)

poppy13 - good little baby :baby:
If you´re scared of the pain, have you looked at all your options? Epidural feels nice, even if it didn´t work properly in my case...
Just take one day at a time, and try to enjoy it to the fullest. :) Happy times are impending :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->